[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yeep Fiat Renegade 500X

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: 19hat1s6grf66jpg.jpg (958KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
19hat1s6grf66jpg.jpg
958KB, 1200x700px
What's /o/'s thoughts on the Yeepiat RenegadeX?

It has good reviews, I'm looking at the 6 speed manual version.
>>
>>14902389
costs too much when optioned to be a proper off roader

might as well get a Wrangler
>>
>>14902389
>FCA
It has a tendency to be rather.. unreliable.
>>
>>14902399
But the Wrangler still costs substantially more.

Plus having a compact car is nice for my condo.
>>
>>14902402
I fully expect the electronics to shit itself. I hear they have solid engines though.
>>
way better offroad than it has any right to be
too cute looking to be taken seriously as an offroad machine
FCA so it'll break all the time
Decent price for all the shit you get
>>
I'm at the jeep dealership, just test drove it.

Felt nice, handled well. Not super fast, but it's mostly meant for off-roading. The ride was nice, and it was surprisingly quiet.
>>
I test drove one and it broke down on the test drive. I did a 360 and walked away
>>
Get a jimny if they exist where you live
>>
>friends wife really wanted this
>he was onboard at first because of the semi off road capabilities
>do my best to convince him its a shitheap
>his wife decides that a Chrysler 200 is her 2nd choice

How do these people even function day to day?
>>
>FCA
>C
>A
>>
>>14902389
>fca
Not even once. It might be ok but it also might be shit.

Shut up and buy a civic for <5k
>>
>>14902409
>I fully expect the electronics to shit itself
So why would you buy one?
Also, along with being ugly and not great off road, it's pretty much a woman's car.
>>
>>14902389
Don't buy that disgrace of a Jeep. They have a piece of shit engine, a lame ass body style, and look like it's made for yuropoors.

Just get a Wrangler Sport if you're worried about cash.
>>
> all these memes
I hate American time /o/
>>
>>14903980
>second choice
>Another FCA
You know what to do, middle of the night friend.
>>
>>14902389

I'm probably buying one next year for winter duty. Tried a turbo manual 4x4 and loved it, except for that weird as fuck lift-the-ring-for-reverse shifter, but after 10 minutes of driving I'd gotten used to it.
>>
>>14903989
>civic
>off-roading
No

>>14903963
Do these exist in the US?

>>14904175
Because I don't have many options.

>>14904197
I don't need something super powerful, just something to get to my new house. I bought a place which I'm building on, and there is no road there.

Plus I can start off-roading for fun if I wanted, though I don't expect to be going to Moab or something.
>>
File: 38844795.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
38844795.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
>>14904407
Get a Subaru Forester XT or an Outback. The Wrangler sports aren't "powerful" either, but it's not a feminized version of the OG Renegade like pic related.
>>
>>14904407
You're never going to actually go offroad. A civic would be fine.
>>
>>14904448
I do every few days actually, to help with construction of my new home.

I was considering a pickup, but I don't have anything to haul.

>>14904436
I like the way the Renegade felt, and I like the looks. I've heard quite a lot of problems from the Liberty Renegade, but I actually haven't heard too much from the new one. My uncle is making his an off-road rig as well.
>>
>>14904468
I drove mine for 20k miles and didn't have a single issue, but to be fair, I never pushed it at all. Just a DD to work and school.
>>
>>14904468
So buy a jeep yj or xj or tj. No need to spend 25k
>>
>>14904407
Mazda CX-5 would probably be your best bet. Best handling in its class, Mazda reliability, and imo it's a lot better looking than the Renagade. The CX-3 would be fine too if you need something smaller.
>>
>>14904476
>$25k
The one I test drove was $18k.

Either way, Wranglers are horridly overpriced in my area. There are some older models going for $12k - $20k. Granted, some are modified, but a lot of them don't have much aftermarket in them.

I will consider an XJ though. I've always been a fan of the XJ since Half-Life 1.
>>
>>14904502
Xj if DD, wrangler if 2nd vehicle. Fly somewhere and drive it back if you can't find a good deal locally.
>>
I was also looking into getting a renegade, but not for the off-road aspect; rather that it looks like a nice mini-SUV. I want something that can have passengers and still fit stuff while not being a clunky van. Would this not be the right way to go though? Or would a different Jeep be better?
>>
>>14902389
Unless you have a vagina anon don't get it. I have seen a few driving around and they were all driven by women. They looks like utter shit also. So unless you want people to automatically judge you as a woman with poor taste don't get it.
>>
>>14904535
>not for the off-road aspect
Then why the fuck are you looking at jeeps? Off-road is the only thing jeeps are good at. Just buy a sedan or a wagon, crossovers are shit
>>
>>14904557
I don't really care

I currently drive a Miata, and before that a Fiero.
>>
>>14904563
Personally I don't consider either of those car's girls cars. I have never seen a woman drive a Fiero and about 90% of the Miata owners I see are men.

I have seen 100% female ownership in Renegades. And I always notice them in traffic because the bitch drivers are usually all over the road or doing something idiotic. Honestly it's so bad that if a saw a man driving one I would have a chuckle and just imagine that his wife's son wanted it.
>>
File: 1455043644260.jpg (69KB, 701x700px) Image search: [Google]
1455043644260.jpg
69KB, 701x700px
>>14904610
I don't really care what some greasy neckbeard on a Cantonese Puppeteering imageboard thinks about me.

Where I live, 80% of Renegade owners are guys. I've seen more women drive Wranglers than Renegades.
>>
>>14904610
This. Although what other people think of you really shouldn't be a big factor in what car you buy. The quality of the car is what matters. And Jeep doesn't know a whole lot about quality.
>>
>>14904622

>miata driver
>gondola poster

wow, two reasons no one should listen to you!
>>
>>14904622
Top kek anon. It's ok I'm sure your wife's son will love it. How about some more objective reasons why the renegade is shit.

>piss poor off road
>piss poor power
>piss poor mpg considering the power is so fucking low
>piss poor manufacturer (expect to replace the transmission and anything electronic)
>piss poor styling
>piss poor depreciation
>can't get the 2.4l with out getting the FCA autotragic grenade box and sure to fail remote starter
>>
File: 1457545883372.gif (276KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1457545883372.gif
276KB, 500x378px
>>14904705
How about bring up facts to back your claims before I listen to some cuckposting nigger.

>piss poor off road
Please elaborate. I don't see how it'll be any worse than a Forester or similar CUV/Compact SUV
>piss poor power
150 hp is more than both of my previous cars. I don't expect it to go fast, that's not what it's for.
>piss poor mpg considering the power is so fucking low
I don't really care about MPGs when we're talking about a literal box on wheels.
>piss poor manufacturer (expect to replace the transmission and anything electronic)
That's what I'm already expecting. It can't be any more unreliable than the past two cars that I've had.
>piss poor styling
Subjective.
>piss poor depreciation
Why does this matter if I'm not selling it?
>can't get the 2.4l with out getting the FCA autotragic grenade box and sure to fail remote starter
This one I'm a little ticked about
>>
>>14904966
>150 hp
Are you serious? 150 hp in a fucking crossover? How does that thing even get up to highway speeds?
>>
File: jeep.png (303KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jeep.png
303KB, 480x360px
>>14904966
>Please elaborate. I don't see how it'll be any worse than a Forester or similar CUV/Compact SUV

That's the thing... it's a Jeep, if a Jeep can't do Jeep things then why not just get something better at being a people/stuff mover, more reliable, and better mpg?

>150 hp is more than both of my previous cars. I don't expect it to go fast, that's not what it's for.
If it's not fast and not good off road then why get a Jeep and not a Toyota or Subaru?

>I don't really care about MPGs when we're talking about a literal box on wheels
If it's not fast not good off road then at least make a car that can commute without killing you at the pump.

>That's what I'm already expecting. It can't be any more unreliable than the past two cars that I've had.
Buying cars that aren't good for really anything but also unreliable. What kind of masochist are you?

>Subjective.
Not really. Have you seen one of these IRL? They look like an abomination.

>Why does this matter if I'm not selling it?
It's not going to be fun or reliable, why keep it?
>>
>>14905032
Fine, actually. I used to drive cars with 70 hp and it got up to highway speeds just fine.

>>14905070
I just want a compact SUV that I'd be able to drive to my house with.

Gas prices don't really matter to me because they're $1.50/gallon.
>>
File: 4L_3MOlwK97.png (560KB, 637x515px) Image search: [Google]
4L_3MOlwK97.png
560KB, 637x515px
>>14905131
At this point I feel like you're just baiting. Every single reply you've gotten is about how much of an objectively shitty car the Renegade is, especially reliability wise. Why would you not care about a cars reliability?
If you really want a crossover get a Mazda CX-3 or CX-5.
/thread
>>
>>14905388
I'm not baiting, and while FCA may be shit I've mainly heard good things about the Renegade as well as the 500 Abarth.

I don't want a crossover, I want a compact AWD/4WD vehicle. Something that can get me to my construction site, I'd be able to take hunting or hiking, but isn't a giant mall crawler. Because while I'll be building a house in the middle of BFE, it's going to take a while and in the meantime I live in a big city with very little space.

Most of the cars that fit the bill happen ti be crossovers, since nobody really produces compact 4WD/AWD SUVs anymore like the Isuzu Rodeo or Suzuki Samurai. This seems to be the closest to finding that.

I've worked on tons of old cars which were unreliable trash, but that was normal for the time. Work is expected, and that's what I feel like I'm getting into when I buy this. Even then, even the most unreliable modern cars don't hold a candle to how often older cars broke down. If getting a compact car that can go offroad means I'll have to take it to a shop every 50k miles, that's fine with me.

The Ford Fiesta/Ford Focus is rated one of the most unreliable cars on the market, yet /o/ loves that thing.

That said, I am open to suggestions. But after the test drive today, I really liked the Renegade. I also drove the Subaru Crosstrek and Forester and those didn't feel nearly as nice. Granted, both were the CVT versions because they didn't have any manuals on property.

I'll have to check out the CX-5, but it'll be quite the drive to get there, and my car is on it's last legs.
>>
>>14905715

kill yourself FCA shill
>>
The only good version is the diesel trailhawk so if you get that youre good
>>
File: 1458362702134.jpg (27KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1458362702134.jpg
27KB, 500x275px
>>14905939
How am I a shill?
>>
>>14905958
That doesn't come with the manual though, which is my concern.

If I got a FCA vehicle, it'd have to be manual only.
>>
>>14905980

Of course a shill would react like that. No one else would be so in favor of anything Chrysler related
>>
>>14905715
Why haven't you bought a Subaru Crosstrek XV yet? Or an old Forester.
>>
>>14905715
Nvm skimmed your post and didn't see you mention them at first. Continue on.

All you need to know about Chrysler products is that their main selling points are looking, sounding, and feeling good for long enough that you buy one. Chrysler products have been shitty for so long. Buy anything that isn't a Chrysler. Or buy it I really don't give a fuck what you do.

My subaru has 205,000 miles on it and sees 6000rpm daily.
>>
>>14906006
When do I get my check from Chrystler? Why the fuck is a 21-year-old college student shilling on a Guatemalan Face-Painting board?

If you have any suggestions for alternatives, let me know faggot. Take your shill flinging back to /v/.

>>14906016
Old Foresters aren't really common, and those that are often have issues. I want to test the Crosstrek with the manual, but the dealership I went to had none available. The Crosstrek in hyper blue looks pretty great though.
>>
>>14906039
What model/year Subaru do you have? Right now all I need is something with ground clearance, is compact enough so I won't feel out of place in the city, and that I'll be able to trek a mile in the middle of nowhere to the construction site where my soon-to-be-home is.
>>
>>14906040
>If you have any suggestions for alternatives

There are plenty, shill
>kill yourself
>drive the wrong way on the interstate at 90 MPH
>slice your jugular with a Cutco knife
>touch live catenary
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.