[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dashcams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 03-dashcam-trio.jpg (103KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
03-dashcam-trio.jpg
103KB, 630x420px
hey /o/ whats the best dashcam i can get for around 150 bucks.
>>
Maybe read the Wirecutter article you took that image from?

If poor, GW1C
>>
>>14899103
Techmoan on youtube does a lot of reviews.

but basically you want one with the biggest lens. anything else, and they cant see shit at night, or have poor resolution.
>>
>>14899103
i like the mobius action cams
no screen, just a cam
>>
>>14899130
> This senpai
>>
Got mine vantrue r2 for $100 after coupon deal they had briefly a month ago.
Good cam footage. Useless parking mode. Chrome bits attract unwanted attention but $100 is a steal.

Look into kdlinks x1
>>
Just buy on ebay for $30 that comes in 1080p?
>>
>>14899103
If you want bells and whistles get a kdlinks x1. I have one, it's cool to look at your commute and see how fast you were traveling transposed onto a map.
>>
File: sg9665gc_mainimg.jpg (11KB, 270x350px) Image search: [Google]
sg9665gc_mainimg.jpg
11KB, 270x350px
I'm just going to save up and do it right by getting a street guardian SG9665GC V2

yes its expensive but when it comes to documenting a crash (which could become evidence in a case) or catching the plate number of a hit and run driver at night, I don't want to skimp out on video quality
>>
Bump for posterity, I'm looking to get a dash cam soon. Whats the best bang for your buck? $100 or less would be nice.
>>
I use a Vicovation Marcus 4 and it's pretty damn rad. Seems they came out with a new fangled one that can do 1080p 60fps. Dayum.
>>
File: 20160330_162204.jpg (137KB, 1759x989px) Image search: [Google]
20160330_162204.jpg
137KB, 1759x989px
I got the A118C last month and it's great. Nobody even knows it's there unless I point it out and the footage is pretty good, even night shots.
>>
>>14902613
>capacitive power design
>no battery, no worries
how?
>>
>>14902628
It's the capacitor version. Don't have to worry about heat from a battery or the battery itself wearing down. I heard the battery model had heat issues especially in the summer.
>>
>>14902633
interesting
where did you get it? I might get one
>>
>>14902698
http://www.amazon.com/Spy-Tec-A118-C-Capacitor-Dashboard/dp/B00SK8B47W?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

You can get that 32GB SD card for ten bucks too. My only real complaint is that it's hard to get the SD card out of the cam. Gotta push it in pretty far for it to eject. That's about it, though.
>>
>>14902709
I'm in the UK but I think I've found a site that sells them and will ship here
I've never liked the idea of having a lithium battery constantly on charge semi-permanently in my car. I'll definitely think about getting this.
>>
File: 1456804421586.jpg (26KB, 720x575px) Image search: [Google]
1456804421586.jpg
26KB, 720x575px
i bought a sj4000 wifi on sale for about 80 on amazon. (avoid knocks offs on ebay)
wide angle so it captures a lot, and comes with all the gopro style parts to mount it. the video is pretty good in the day time faces and plates are clear enough, night time you can definitely see whats going on, but can't read licenses plates unless you're really close. Audio is lack luster

combined it with whatever flavor of the month 32gb amazon had on sale which was actually a decent speed

only complaints that i have is when you're plugged into usb for car stereo/computer the camera only allows you to choose pc webcam and storage mode. all i want it to do is charge from my car stereo and still be able to record when it drops low. I know i can just wire a power line, but I haven't gotten around to it.
and that there's not a mic jack
>>
>>14902741
Just make sure you don't get a fake one. I'd check dashcamtalk.com to make sure the place you buy it from is legit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.