[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's your sound system looks like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

>Post 'em /o/!!
>>
>>14896463
Only niggers put big fucking sound blasters in their carz
>>
>>14896463
426 hemi is my sound system.
>>
Are there any cars that are known for being easy to install sound systems in while keeping all trunk space? Bonus points for wagons
>>
>>14896463
Just a Pioneer bluetooth headunit and 4 Kenwood speakers, one in each door. It won't blow you out of the car, but it will go decently loud without distortion.
>>
>>14896647

A hearse. Wall that bitch off.
>>
Two 4000 peak 1600 rms boss amps, one 400 watt 2 channel max, 1 infinity 1262 reference series, 1 Sony xplode 1200 4 alpine baselines in a ported 4.5 ft box, 2 infinity 6x9s 2 Henson 8 inch stadium speakers, and 4 infinity 6.5s.
I cracked my glass.
>>
>>14896759
Mtx amp, and jenson
>>
JL 13w6
JL HD750/1
4 JL C2-650s
JL Slash 300/4
Pioneer AVH-2600

Some of this shit in the thread sickens me. Why do people buy amps with the biggest number on the side and not understand that their 2500w amp won't even put down 1000w.
>>
I took my back seats out and replaced them with subwoofers
No pics but I basically stopped using it recently because it's going to make me go deaf.
>>
>>14896847
nigga you just said your radio was broke and you were using earbuds
>>
>>14896838
Notice I said 4000 watt max, 1600 watt rms, I've tested both personally and they both push rated
>>
> 4000 watt max
You lie.
>>
Don't have pics.

Stock front speakers, Scosche rears because the factory ones were rotted. Aftermarket radio at 20wpc RMS. For bass I have 4 6.5 inch woofer. It's loud enough for me
>>
>>14896847
>>14896868

Haha, gold.
>>
Before i moved I had 2 sundown 2500s on 2 incriminator death penalties.
2 sets of crescendo 6.5s on sundown 150.2
2 xspower d3100s 1 d3400 up front
Singer 320 amp alt
>>
>>14899800
>>
>>14899800
>>14899808
Oh forgot to say they are 12s
>>
File: supra_poopra.jpg (1MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
supra_poopra.jpg
1MB, 3920x2204px
>>14899800

I'm sure I've seen that photo before, maybe the last yearly car audio thread? Two Sundown 2500's ain't no joke.

Here's a little setup in my wife's Supra with a terrible photo, I know. 12" Vifa driver in a 28Hz enclosure. Amplifier is an older Kicker ZX 700.5 with Polk Mobile Monitor speakers throughout. Not very loud but excellent low frequency extension and it's been kicking on for a few years now. Lifts up at the front to access the spare tyre still.
>>
>>14899854
Yeah i try to post in the audio threads when i can.
I wish i had more cars. Doing systems is fun.
>>
Okay, so I have to know something.
I hail from /g/ and everyone is retardedly autistic and precise about audio over there. Like calculating how the waves bounce off the walls and shit, and setting up dampening and speaking accordingly.
Is there any rhyme or reason to car audio or is it pretty much "jam the biggest fucking sub in as you can" and "louder bass = better" like:
>>14899854
>>14899808
>>14899800
>>
>>14899971
Depends what you want. Theres dudes that only do sound quality. Like nothing in their car rattles and you cant tell where the sound is coming from. Like every set of speakers has clear cut frequency ranges like using adjustable crossovers instead of the ones that come with the components.
I personally am part of the shove 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag side of things. The louder the better. Dont get me wrong my stuff sounds clear but its just meant to be clear and loud.
Lot of people just want a balanced system. Just enough bass to hear the notes better in your music.
Its just any other hobby. Little groups in the bigger group.
Stuff akin to big engine small cars to balanced track cars. Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>14899971

There is definitely rhyme and reason to it. absolutely. A wave is a wave, no matter where it is reproduced. But there comes a limit to how far you can go practically.

Is there comb filtering in the cabin with my setup? Absolutely. Do I have a high group delay because of my long ass port? Unfortunately yes. But it is still a car cabin and practically, to remove these anomalies would require me to reshape the interior and exterior of the car. That's not happening!

The best you can do is to align the loudspeakers in the time domain as best you can, use spectral analysis to equalise the system as best as you can and remove as much distortion from the signal path as possible.
>>
>>14896759

Holy fuck I bet that sounds like shit.
>>
>>14900024
Thanks anon,
I guess most of the set ups I've seen in person have been very haphazardly done.
>>
>>14896647
impala
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.