[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOUL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

What exactly does it mean when people say "this car has a soul"? It's just a piece of metal that goes from point A to point B... How can it have a soul? How do you quantify soul? There's no way to measure it or confirm that it exists... I think the reason why this phrase is so widespread is because of marketing fags. Think about it this way, you work at GM, new Z06 is about to be launched, the testing is almost done, some nerdy balding skinnyfat engineer runs into a boardroom where the CEO is having a meeting with the marketing department
>we just finished testing the Z06... it's slower than the GTR... what do we do?
>oh no worries, we'll just say the Z06 has a soul
That's the only reasonable explanation here. So if a company shits out some massive turd that gets smoked by the competition the marketing fags will keep pushing the soul meme.
>>
Soul or character means it has slight imperfections that make it more relatable or pleasing then something absolutely perfect.

A computer can create an absolutely perfect playing of a piece of classical music. However hearing a great symphony. Each musician playing slightly differently on instruments with numerous slight variations in a concert with unique acoustics all adds up to a much more pleasing experience.

Technically the computer will be more 'accurate' but the imperfect humans on imperfect instruments will sound better.
>>
It's like how a RB sounds great with the popping rev limiter as opposed to the revs sounding consistent and non-poppy, BRAPAPAPAP vs BRAAAaaa
>>
>>14895787
It depends on who's using it.

If it's a company, they suck dicks, are blabbering marketing crap and nobody should buy their shit.

If it's a br/o/, he's probably had enough to maintain and repair on the car that he made it uniquely "his", or simply knows more about the car than any other car because he's been into all of its nooks and crannies to fix somehting. He built a special connection to it, something akin to love I suppose. That's when the term 'soul' is appropriate.

Post your car feel/love stories now.
>>
For me it was based on how much time and effort I spent on fixing a vehicle.

It can also be the way the ride sounds, characteristics, and other slightly off things.

>>>>14895787

Of course the marketing fags bring it in. It makes them sound like they know the car and the car has a special edge on the competition.
>>
File: 1460916906032.jpg (526KB, 2465x795px) Image search: [Google]
1460916906032.jpg
526KB, 2465x795px
> everybody ITT responding to obvious bait
>>
>>14895787

Marketing Wank as the britfags would say. Basically it helps euro's feel better about driving 1.0l shitboxes on congested roads. That's the only time I've heard it being used.
>>
>>14895787
I suppose it's when a car stirs something in you you can't really explain.
>>
File: Car theory.jpg (63KB, 700x595px) Image search: [Google]
Car theory.jpg
63KB, 700x595px
>>
>>14895839
>muh rb
>muh limiter
bogan gtfo
>>
>>14895787
Its exactly what is sounds like you dipshit. A car with soul has undergone a ritual that imbues a human soul into the car. Its a long and complicated process that requires that requires expensive spell components and a supply of homeless people which is why the cost is higher compared to soulless cars.
>>
File: chickentractor.jpg (207KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
chickentractor.jpg
207KB, 600x450px
>>14895787
I agree with you, new cars described as having "soul" is like buying food with packaging that says "flavorful"
>I also hate vehicles that are described as "sporty" when they obviously are not
>example: sporty minivans
>mfw I will tell you if it's soulful or flavorful marketingcucks
I feel it's justified (if extremely dramatic) to say about your personal vehicle

>>14895853
I like the phrase "it has character" because it's far less dramatic and makes me seem less like a hippie
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.