[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dieselgate Resolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: STORY-VW_Smog-02-582x350.jpg (57KB, 582x350px) Image search: [Google]
STORY-VW_Smog-02-582x350.jpg
57KB, 582x350px
So VW officially met the deadline today to work out the resolution for dieselgate:

"...it looks like VW has met its deadline. Today, Judge Breyer announced in a court hearing that an “agreement in principle” has been reached. In the deal, VW will offer affected owners a buyback, a lease cancellation option, and also the choice to have their vehicles fixed (once the fix is approved by U.S. government officials), Auto News reports...

...The judge also announced that the agreement-in-principle—which is a term meaning that there are still a few odds and ends that need to be worked out before there’s an official contract—would also include “substantial compensation” for owners affected by the dieselgate scandal...

...Auto News says that the deal only applies to the 482,000 2.0-liter diesel-powered VWs and Audis, and not the 80,000 affected VWs, Audis and Porsches powered by 3.0-liter V6s. The report says negotiations on how to deal with the V6s are still underway...."

The real question will be what does VW elect to do with all the diesel powered cars they buy back? They aren't gonna crush them, so most likely dealerships will end up fitting whatever the emissions fix ends up being and trying to resell them.

Higher mileage/shitter condition ones will probably go to wholesale auctions like everything else. In certain markets, dealerships could be YEARS working through the emissions retrofit work, which will probably necessitate even some of the cleaner examples getting kicked to auction as well...depending on how things shake out, these things might drop to fire sale prices in about a year....
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 302x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 302x326px
>>14895618
>people still falling for the "German Engineering" meme
>>
>>14895618
EPA and EES have started a campaign on attacking all diesel cars other than VW
>>
>>14895658
This, it's a witch hunt on efficient diesels in passenger vehicles to boost Detroit petrol barge sales.
>>
>>14895624
>people still falling for the emissions standards meme
emissions standards have been faked since the start. the 300zx had a "smog pump", the whole point of which was to pump fresh air in to the exhaust, lowering the concentration of NOx and COx emissions by just, you know, mixing the exhaust with fresh air. basically like connecting the emissions reader pipe to the storm water pipe outside and judging the cars performance based on that.
>>
I have a friend from when I was in the Army that just bought a used Audi A3 diesel. The deal from VW is great for him. He can have VW buy it from him for full retail price plus five thousand dollars, or he can have it fixed and get five thousand dollars. He also has two years to decide.

I have him considering putting a reservation in for a Tesla Model 3. He could wait two years. See what the delivery time is like for the Tesla. Then decide which option to take from VW. He goes ahead on the Tesla and sells the Audi back to VW. He comes out ahead on money. Then he gets federal and state tax credits towards the Tesla and charger.

So he gets the use of an Audi for basically free, for two years. Then VW and government tax money will put his out of pocket on the Tesla down to like half the price of the car.
>>
The only thing VW did wrong is getting caught first.
>>
>>14895712
>>14895801
This. It would be naive to believe that VW is the only company cheating on emissions. They just got caught.
>>
>>14895618
My dad bought a diesel Golf in 2009. He was just about to sell it and buy a new standard-engine Golf, then all the emissions bullshit went down. Terrible timing...
>>
>>14895716
If he just bought it then he's not eligible. You had to be an owner or lessee before dieselgate broke.
>>
HA, I have both a 2010 Jetta TDI, and a 2013 Porsche TD. Looks like quite a bit of money coming my way.
>>
>>14896127
He bought it less than a year ago and as already been contacted by VAG.

bought it because some urban youth in Philly robbed him at gun point while he was waiting on a bus. which immediately put an end to him trying to go with out owning a car. He makes more than $100,000 a year too.
>>
>>14895801
The UK government published the results of their investigation today, they tested 37 cars across all major brands not one passed when not driven in exactly the test procedure. With even the best being seven times the Nox limit.
>>
File: 1440913851080.png (2KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1440913851080.png
2KB, 493x402px
So what you're saying is that, in a year or two, you'll have four million basketball americans coming to your workplace with the express desire to purchase demz cheap diselz yo?
>>
>>14896405
holy shit anon that is such a cool story
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.