[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

one more year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

one
more
year
>>
>>14888436
two
more
years
>>
What means these "X more year" threads?

Why you have to wait?
>>
Stupid law to import cars to the US. They need to be 20(or 25) years old, cant remember which.
>>
>>14888436
>land of the free
>>
>>14888436

The maximum amount of perfection you can cram in that much space.
>>
>>14888690
I see, it sucks.
>>
>>14888436
Looks like Twingo's sportier cousin.
>>
>>14888742
*It cucks

:^)
>>
File: Suzuki-Cappuccino-side-view.jpg (596KB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
Suzuki-Cappuccino-side-view.jpg
596KB, 1500x938px
194 days
Prices have already went up
6 months ago they were listed on auction sites for $2-4 thousand. Go look now and they are $5-10.
>>
>>14888814
Dumb ameribubblers always ruining the market for JDM cars.

You fucktards completely destroyed the R32 market, fuck off back to your shitty cantturn mobiles.
>>
>>14888891
>>
>>14888814
I don't want to see ls swapped cappuccinos in the US. I hope they stay to 4bangers and rotaries for swaps.
>>
File: THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg (231KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg
231KB, 863x752px
>>14888969
You know somebody is going to do it.
I read an article once about somebody swaping in a suzuki 4 cyl from an motorcycle and that was pretty cool.
>>
>>14888969
Hayabusa swap
>>
>>14888969
>4 rotor cappuccino
>LS Cappuccinos
>electric Cappuccinos
>V6 Cappuccinos
I want to see it all
>>
File: 1428958000857.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1428958000857.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
I'm curious, can someone that can fit in a miata just fine get into an az-1 just as fine?
>>
File: 190512-186784-idunno.jpg (25KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
190512-186784-idunno.jpg
25KB, 620x406px
Why hasn't anybody started a grassroots political campaign to get rid of the 25 year rule. I mean, I'm sure it would be very popular among the car crowd. And believe it or not this IS a democracy. If enough people make a fuss, congress is bound to take notice. Somebody should start a gofundme or something. Create an NRA, but for cars.
>>
Feels good being Canadian... Neighbour has an Evo 6... was only $9000... 46,000km
>>
>>14891426
The number of people who care enough about cars in any real capacity is only going to dwindle over time.
>>
>>14891426
>number of people who care about importing meme cars from nippons
vs.
>politicians and people who care about "road safety"
>>
>>14891426
>>14892255
for once we might have a use for our greatest enemies

you know that people on the vortex and jalopnik would eat this idea up
>>
>>14891426
if it were a democracy you wouldn't have to wait 25 years to import one in the first place
>>
>>14891426

The restrictions are a result of the EPA. Even though it's framed as a "safety" thing, that's only because THINK OF THE CHILDREN
>>
Do not take away our cars.
It gets more expensive each year.
>>
>>14891426
Dude, you can import the most raggedy worthless pile of shite if it's over 25 years old. If that restriction gets lifted, you'd have restrictions based on safety and emissions and the like instead. Wait the 25 years, and import literally any car you want in any condition you want.
>>
>>14888814
these are already legal to import.
1991 + 25 = 2016
>>
>>14891400
I haven't been in an AZ-1, but I own a Cappuccino. It's definitely a lot tighter than a Miata and a lot harder to get in and out of, but most people should have no problem fitting in one.

The main thing I'd worry about is if you have exceptionally big feet. I'm a US size 9.5 and I had to remove the pedal covers the PO installed in mine because my feet were too big.
>>
>>14893374
The age of the car is measured down to the month. November (or October, can't remember) was when the Cappuccino was first built.
>>
>>14888436
what's the deal with importing cars into australia? there are plenty of imports here. old imports with no parts. people are always trying to offload them. and then anything decent doesnt get resold below 5k$.

how much does compliance plates cost in your country and all the import charges involved? we have this company jspec here that does all the importing and gets it ready for plates here. but they're extremely vague on their pricing and the cost of their ready to go cars is equivalent to a brand new domestic model. I was looking on ebay motors before and saw miatas going for as little as a grand in the uk and usa. in australia they go for 10k if they're drivable. 5k for a rolling shell or broken chassis type bullshit.
>>
>>14892377
I thought it was when Merc dealers threw a fit once people found out they could get a Better German Benz and import it for less than buying an American one.
>>
Is somebody going to import a fuck load into the US so I could pay for it (I'd gladly pay over 1000) for his services and then whatever the car costs)? I want one so bad but I have no idea now the process works.
>>
>>14896188
There actually weren't many az-1's made. They'll be expensive as hell.
>>
>>14896222
Yep, a halfway decent AZ-1/Cara is already pretty expensive and going up fast. I can't deny that's part of the reason I went with a Cappuccino instead. Honda Beats are even cheaper and should be easy to get through customs since I know there's already at least one in the US.

>>14896188
There are tons of car importers around. You find the car, or tell them what to look for and let them find one for an extra fee, they buy it, deregister it in Japan, have the undercarriage thoroughly cleaned (no foreign dirt allowed in 'Murrica), then stick it on a boat. Once it's in the US, they'll generally deal with customs for you, and then you come and pick it up at the port or have them load it up on a truck and delivered it to you.

Expect to spend at least $15k to buy the car and get it into the US. $1000 probably won't even cover the shipping, never mind the service fees, taxes and customs fees, etc.

Some importers will help you store the car in Japan until it's eligible for import, so I'd recommend starting the process now if you want one.
>>
File: 123325643764.jpg (41KB, 773x272px) Image search: [Google]
123325643764.jpg
41KB, 773x272px
>>
>>14888436
how much are these?
>>
>>14888749
it is
>>
>>14897094
$12k+ for a decent one. Maybe slightly cheaper if you get lucky at an auction. For a total shitbox maybe $8-9k.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.