[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until the Tesla pickup and super car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (653KB, 877x431px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
653KB, 877x431px
How long until the Tesla pickup and super car?
>>
>super car

2.8 fucking seconds to 60 in a fucking family sedan isn't enough for you?
>>
>>14885570
was about to say this
>>
>>14885570
Not if you can't do the ring with it.
>>
>>14885570

It gets slow as hell after 60. It's 2016... time to stop being impressed by 0-60 times.
>>
>>14885570

Supercars are more than just acceleration times.

Besides, the current run of Tesla models aren't really made to be tracked. They are EVs made for public roads. They overheat and go into a limp mode when pushed too hard and they're quite heavy.
>>
>>14885534
Never, costs associated with their quality issues are going to force them to spin off and sell their automobile manufacturing arm and focus on their autonomous development and battery manufacturing core strengths.
>>
>>14885610
>It gets slow as hell after 60.

Not really. Depends on which trim you get.

Acceleration on the D models is still pretty strong after 60mph and doesn't really start to run out of steam until 90mph. By 100mph, it's huffing and puffing. But if you are an standard quarter-mile/400m dragstrip, the race is almost done anyway.
>>
>>14885610

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/roo-tales/car-vs-plane-fasten-your-seatbelts-batteries-are-included/
>>
>>14885618
this.

the tesla is literally only good at a quick 0-60.

every single supercar outperforms it at that point.

not that i hate it, it's cool but it needs more development.

the 918 is a literal godmachine and porsche and mercedes were actually developing their hybrid racecars BEFORE tesla.

fuck all these moronic hipsters who think tesla invented electricity.
>>
>>14885786
Retard.
>>
a tesla pickup truck would be pretty cool, but don't count on that until the supercharger network is much more mature, possibly by 2020 or so.

DAT TORK
>>
>>14886216
>towing with an electric
When will we get arc reactors
>>
I'm waiting for Tesla to create a minivan with a ridiculous acceleration.

Just imagine going 0-60 in 2.8 with the whole family in the car.
>>
>>14885802
>the tesla is literally only good at a quick 0-60.
>every single supercar outperforms it at that point.

First off, you are comparing a $100k sedan to >$1M supercars.

Secondly, the Tesla still has plenty of power after 60mph as evidenced by its ETs being in the 11s.
>>
Elon Musk is the smartest man to have ever graced the face of the planet. I've already sold my dd to get a Tesla S, now I'm going to sell my miata so I can get my wife's son a Tesla 3.
>>
>>14886349
0 effort, shit/10
>>
>>14885603
people have done the ring in a model S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dphw4km60m4
>>
>>14888193
>starts with battery at 88%
>finishes at 59%
Fugg!
>>
>>14888193
Yeah? at 40mph?
>>
>>14889222
70-180 kph
>>
>>14888240
it only has the equivalent of a 3-4 gallon gasoline tank, battery.

you drive 2 ton car with 380-700 hp, in a spirited manner. You will burn through a few gallons.
>>
burgerkan shit plastic LIGHT"S ON FIRE....wait until G E R M A N Y make anelectric car then you have REAL PEFROMANCE and luxery..
>>
>>14889464
Audi bought a Model X in America to take back to europe to copy it. Dumb German shits forgot that Teslas have different plugs in Europe. So they can't charger their American spec Tesla from any of the euro Tesla stations.
>>
>>14889555
I'd call that a design flaw.
>>
>>14889562
Europe is a mess of different charger plug types.

While America and Japan are the SAE 240v/110v, Tesla, and CHADEMO
>>
>>14885570
We're talking bout top performance, not just 0-60. It loses to supercars in track performance and everything else.

It loses all drag races against super cars.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.