[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guys i fucked up what kind of cost am i looking at?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: gQ6ZD11.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
gQ6ZD11.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
guys i fucked up

what kind of cost am i looking at?
>>
>>14883707
bout three fitty
>>
Is it deep? Hit it with some rubbing compound, most will come out
>>
How much is a roll of duck tape?
>>
>>14883707

That's all the way to bare metal.

Either dab it in with touch up paint or pay the $1000 to disassemble the whole rear bumper and have it resprayed.
>>
>>14883721
yeah it went through the paint
>>
>>14883707

You can do a shit job and "fix" it with some matched paint and some bondo, or you can get a new body piece. Choice is yours.
>>
>>14883730

fuck thats what i was afraid of
>>
>fixing that
>>
>>14883707
uhhh isnt this plastic?
>>
>>14883707
go to autozone.
buy bondo.
buy touch up paint with your car colour code.
patch it up.
paint it.

>>14883730
what metal?
that's clearly a plastic bumper.
>>
>>14883755
looks like a bath tub.
>>
>>14883746
right, it's just a plastic bumper and op probably doesn't care because he never washes his car.
>>
File: Smug Anime 277.jpg (16KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime 277.jpg
16KB, 351x329px
>>14883707
Your seriously going to spend money (possibly hundreds) to repair cosmetic damage on an appliance? Just leave it be bro it's fine.
>>
>>14883707
>buy factory touch up paint
>clean and prep the scratched area
>apply a very thick coat of touch up paint, you may have to build it up with 2 or 3 coats, allowing drying time between coats.
>once you have built up enough paint, use a very fine grit sand paper, and knock it back down
>wet sand lightly with an even finer grit, just to take out sanding marks
>use a buffing compound and orbital buffer to blend it in
>finish with a hand buff
This will do an OK job of repairing scratches in hard to notice areas. Do not attempt this in the middle of your hood, or any other obvious place. This is only for scratches, if there is a dent or crease I wouldn't recommend it either.
>>
You dont need ro buy a new bumper. For reference i gouged up an ATS bumper last year and it was fixed and painted for 550 cash. That was a full respray of the bumper and a feather into the quarter which i also dinged. They had a bit of metal and plastic repair as well. Id imagine you could get it cheaper if you wanted goven its just that scratch.
>>
>>14883771
Ok
>>
>>14883730
>bare metal
Bumpers are plastic dude.
>pay 1k$ to have a bumper disassembled and resprayed
More like 250$
>>
>>14883795

it's not mine, that's the problem.

if it was mine i wouldn't really give a hoot
>>
>>14884053
Nah its fucked you can expect to pay atleast 500$ anywhere to get a bumper painted well. Atleast here in TN. This is ancedotal but when i used to be a dumbfuck and drive uninsured i barely tapped a ladies rear no dents 1 little scuff. Repainted the bumper with oem paint and by laws of TN they stuck me with a 1400$ bill (350$ Of which FOR AN ALIGNMENT?!), which i fought down to just the cost of paint.

Tldr businesses are scam.
>>
>>14883707
rub it vigorously with a microfiber cloth and dish soap, maybe you can rub out the black scuff line and be stuck with just a white dent (assuming that is just scuffed and you didn't rip off paint)
>>
>>14884410
ur fucked. body shop time $$$
>>
File: white-out-thumb.jpg (13KB, 304x266px) Image search: [Google]
white-out-thumb.jpg
13KB, 304x266px
>>14883707
>>
>>14884053
>More like 250$

Not everyone can get SICK honda discounts like you, hondabro :^)

This >>14884435 anon is right, it'll cost you at least $500, maybe a little less.

Last month my bumper got scraped in a parking lot. Took it to my local shop and was quoted at $450.
Thank god the person who did it owned up to it and just gave me a check.
>>
>>14883707
first off learn how to fucking drive. second if you take it apart yourself it'll probably be like $500 or so to get it painted
>>
>>14883707
>backup sensors, probably a camera as well
>still manages to hit something
>>
>>14883707
A bottle of whiteout isn't that expensive, and if you want to get fancy neither is the rustoleum touchup paint pen/marker.
>>
>>14883707
How the fuck do you manage to scrape your bumper having parking sensors!?
>>
lmao, wtf.
You can get a touchup for like $150 or less.They'll even drive out to your house to do it.
>>
I did some touch up on my old car once, the kind with the brushes. Used that 3000 grit paper. Not bad for $20 Genuine kit. Came out barely noticable on my fender, but I got lazy on my bumper and didn't even clearcoat it. Beats touching up with white-out like I did when I was 18.
>>
>>14883746
underrated post
>>
>>14883707
couple bucks for some touch up paint
Wouldn't bother putting it in the shop for that 2bh
What'd you back into?
>>
File: turbo spec-v bumper repair.png (147KB, 579x369px) Image search: [Google]
turbo spec-v bumper repair.png
147KB, 579x369px
Slap a band-aid on it, you'll be fine
>>
Tis but a scratch
>>
Slap a body kit over it
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.