[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overrated & Underrated Cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: overrated.jpg (18KB, 892x510px) Image search: [Google]
overrated.jpg
18KB, 892x510px
>Which car(s) are overrated?
>Which car(s) are underrated?
>>
>>14883149
twingo
>>
>>14883235
Agreed
Very under rated.
>>
Ferrari 250 GTO - slow, boring looking.
Corvette - A God machine, an engineering marvel.
>>
File: 7823742.jpg (140KB, 1013x675px) Image search: [Google]
7823742.jpg
140KB, 1013x675px
>Which cars(s) are overrated?

Anything i don't like that others do.

I nominate pic related. haven't truly seen its full potential yet nor how successful it will be in Motorsport.

>>14883279
>Corvette - A God machine, an engineering marvel.

You just dropped the soap.
>>
>>14883149
Lamborghinis are really over rated you gotta put a lot of money in them to keep them running and they are unreliable. You gotta put a clutch in one every 15000 miles which is 8-10k
Underrated GT 350
>>
>>14883321
Honestly i think all lambos are boring and ugly looking they are all just big wedges
>>
>>14883345
Yeah I agree
>>
>>14883149
Overrated>Mustang
Underrated>Golf R
>>
>>14883149
Over rated ND
Under rated G40
>>
>>14883362
VWs are crap though
>>
File: dog_shit.jpg (72KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
dog_shit.jpg
72KB, 1280x640px
The Nissan GT-R is extremely overrated. It seems like the car to get when you don't know what to buy, but want to fit in. Sure the engineering is amazing. What they can do with a V6 is crazy, but that's not why most of the people like it. They know it, they just won't admit it. A hipster car.

Another overrated car is any Lamborghini. They're trash and if you look at them close enough, they're ugly. Aventador is pretty terrible. Only good thing in terms of design is the front and only the newer ones where there's been subtle improvements. The only solid one model they have would be the second generation of the Gallardo.

The Tesla Model S used to be underrated, but I don't think you can say that now. I'd still include it though because I don't think it gets the credit it deserves. One of the pinnacles of engineering.

Old Dodge Vipers might be underrated. A pure sports car. Problem with it is that it's such a niche car and it's a hard car to sell to people who can afford it. You'd have to sell it to someone that could afford more than one and wants to have it for fun, in my opinion. Probably one of the reasons they're ending the production of it in 2017.
>>
>>14883624
Aaah yes the old Tesla invented electricity meme.
>>
Overrated: Mitsubishi Lancer
Underrated: Mazda6, especially the older versions.

Another one thats literally both overrated and underrated is Nissan Skyline r34 GTR. People overrate it because its been in many games and movies. They overrated because of it looks, and "its fast". It's underrated however from the point of how fast you can make that fucking thing go. Easily over 1k hp if you put money into it.
>>
File: 1461102438427.jpg (96KB, 978x476px) Image search: [Google]
1461102438427.jpg
96KB, 978x476px
>>14883624
check out the 2018 model year
>>
Fuck the murcielago

Was honestly in the market for a used one then I saw the dogshit interior. Early non LP 640 was even worse.

The 13-14 gt500 was seriously underrated. Light mods such as gears and tuning, bolt ons and slicks gets you a 9.95 pass. Better than a fucking hellcat which is just a spec sheet circle jerk
>>
>>14883872
The Lamborghini logo isn't stitched or affixed to the steering wheel instead it embossed and it looks like an injection molded piece of shit 90s steering wheel
>>
>>14883871
i bet its even faster than the corvette now with that lower roof
>>
Overrated: any GTR ever

Underrated: AMC Eagle

these are opinions dont kill me
>>
>>14883682
That and the car was extremely high tech, period. Not just for the time. Everyone thinks it's the fastest car in the world but it's one of the world's best handling cars, again not just for the time but even today. The fucking thing had a TV in it for god's sake.
>>
HEMI Challengers are underrated. I own one. Best car I've owned all around. I've had a camaro, mustang, and WRX as well. It's better.

I'd highly encourage the people who espouse the pigfat meme to drive one for a while. I'm sure you'll change your minds. I mean it's not the 93 corolla you're used to, but I think you'll like it.
>>
Overrated: Miata

Underrated: AMC Eagle
>>
Overrated: Snek
underrated: Pheaton.
>>

GT-R, Corvette, Muscle cars in general.

Jaguar F-Type, AMG GT.
>>
Anything you have and/or like
Anything I have and/or like
>>
>>14887306
Also your waifu a shit.
>>
>>14883149
>Overrated
Miata, muscle cars (Mustangs since 1978, Camaros, etc), and BMWs

>Underrated
Alfa Romeo GT Junior (and some other Alfas), Mercedes Benz W123 coupes
>>
>>14883149
overrated: VWs of all kind

underrated: Kia has become a lot better. They might not be the biggest diver cars, but if they keep getting better I think that'll come soon.
>>
File: DxTtVs1tB0iK7fHZChmxHg_0_0[1].jpg (155KB, 960x536px) Image search: [Google]
DxTtVs1tB0iK7fHZChmxHg_0_0[1].jpg
155KB, 960x536px
Overrated: T20

Underrated: Schafter v12 armored
>>
Overrated: your car.

Underrated: my car.
>>
File: SRT4EngineNeon.png (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SRT4EngineNeon.png
1MB, 800x600px
>>14883682
You can get over 1k bhp from 2jz easy.

What I think is amazing, is that you can get around 900bhp out of pic related. Almost 400hp with stock internals. I have seen one with 600bhp, with stock internals. Just upped boost and nitrous.
>>
>>14883149
Overrated: Ford power claims.
Underrated: Mitubish fuel consumption claims
>>
>>14883300
Hasnt it been in supergt?
>>
Overrated: Skyactiv
Underrated: Earth dreams
>>
>>14883871
Every single craigslist article I hate has this quote in it.
>>
>>14883369
Golf GTI's are highly overrated where I live.
>>
Overrated: Fast cars

Underrated: Slow cars

Regards, yours truly car guy
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.