[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

e30 safety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1399x875px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1399x875px
I love the e30 but I don't know how much I trust it's safety

please put some sense into me
>>
Don't crash then.
>>
You have to choose between a modern pigfat cushionmobile and an old light fun car.

Unfortunately you can't have both.
>>
File: 1460735422429.png (398KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
1460735422429.png
398KB, 500x355px
Dont be a pussy, pussy.
>>
>>14880111
>Unless you pay epic fucktons of money for CF supercars
>>
I was first on the scene of an E30 vs 2011 Suzuki Swift head-on collision. We pulled the e30 driver out alive and pulled two dead bodies out of the swift. You'll be sweet as.
>>
>>14880409
Why did you pull the dead people out?
>>
>>14880411

Not like the car can go to the crusher with them inside is it.

Seriously though, I was dealing with the dude in the E30 and others motorists that arrived were around the swift, so you'd have to ask them.
>>
>>14880418
So you lied? You lied on the internet? Why would you do that?
>>
It's got seatbelts, it probably has ABS and possibly even airbags so what's the big deal?
>>
>>14880422
>we
he was part of the collective body pulling effort
>>
>>14880100
If you want safety, buy a modern car.
>>
>>14880411
Well he wouldn't pull the live people, they'd walk out of the wreckage
>>
Its a 34 year old design... I wouldn't expect much safety
>>
File: mercedes-c_1997_front.jpg (103KB, 359x239px) Image search: [Google]
mercedes-c_1997_front.jpg
103KB, 359x239px
>>14882098
This man knows
>>
>E30
>Safety

Pick one.

No seriously, as someone said already, it's an old car, some of them have ABS, almost none have airbags cause the airbag steering wheels look like shit (also implying a 25-30 year old airbag still works) and they're pretty lightweight.

I also thought about the safety issue before buying the E30 but if you want to eliminate all the risk you probably shouldn't drive at all.
Sure the probability of suffering serious or fatal injuries through third party negligence are way higher than in a modern car but knowing about the "safety issues" of the E30 will less likely make you drive more cautious
>>
>>14883737
"[...] of the E30 will probably make you drive more cautious"

It's late already..
>>
>>14880100
surely a supreme driver could avoid such a crash
>>
curiousity bump
>>
>>14883779

>driving towards hill
>suddenly a huge ass SUV comes over hill and crashes into you because the faggot driving it didn't fucking stay in his lane

Yeah, you superior driver, avoid this.
No matter how good you are, there's always the possibility for you to fucking crash.
>>
>>14880100
>I don't know how much I trust it's safety
You shouldn't at all. In the 80s and 90s you were considered very lucky to get out of a car accident with only cuts and bruises.

inb4 modern cars are pigfat. I drive 90s cars by choice, I am under no illusions about the safety they offer.
>>
>>14880111
>Volvo 240
>>
>>14880418
>Not like the car can go to the crusher with them inside is it.
why not? it seems appropriate to me.
>>
>>14882166
Modern cars do not buckle at the top of the windshield like that W202 or this E36.

If that happens it means the dash is making a move for your chest/lap
>>
>>14883863
>No matter how good you are, there's always the possibility for you to fucking crash.
why should this encourage no attempt to drive well or have any responsibility for your actions ?
a selfish attitude is what leads to your suv faggot
>>
>>14883965
I don't think he is saying that.

They way I took it is that you can do everything right and still end up with a SUV inside your car. It's just something to keep in mind so while you are succumbing to your injuries you don't waste any of your last few moments on being surprised it happened.
>>
>>14883983
the suv driver is fatalistic yet sure his car will save him
hence why he might not care for the safety of any one else

the suv driver is not aware of the characteristic of other vehicles
just desserts is them getting hit by a truck
>>
e30s are not very safe in a collision. Pretty good for avoiding a collision, but once you are in a wreck there isn't to much to protect you. They are fun because they are light and rear wheel drive, but they are not particularly safe.
>>
>>14884117
>but once you are in a wreck there isn't to much to protect you
>protect you
You aren't understanding,

Stop looking at it like a modern car that offers protection. An E30 will provide metal that becomes razor sharp as it deforms then perforates your body.

The car isn't going to protect you, it is going to provide the metal that impales you.

This kills you.
>>
scrolling in the main page and I saw this.

What car has the highest safety rating/horsepower ratIo?
>>
>>14884145
Model S
>>
>>14884145
Safty ratings only go so high, so its probably gonna be some euro super car.

If you factor power into it, most trucks from the 90s are gonna have a better ratio than moden sedans. If you're willing to swap an engine, a volvo 240 frame is pretty much a tank.
>>
File: 1444313769288.jpg (193KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1444313769288.jpg
193KB, 800x800px
>>14884176
>volvo 240 frame is pretty much a tank.

That's just plain cheating.

If you drive a 240, you're just using the other car's crumple zones.
>>
>>14884194
Lol I never thought of it that way. The 240 is the nokia of car frames.
>>
File: 533-gumball.jpg (68KB, 533x295px) Image search: [Google]
533-gumball.jpg
68KB, 533x295px
>>14884145
the vw driver and passenger died
911 driver got away fine
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 400x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 400x570px
>>14880100
You are worried about safety...

>buying a sports car
>buying an older sports car
>buying an OLD sports car

You are probably the person who thinks a 250 motorcycle is somehow safer because you can't "go fast" even though your murder by a fat Mexican woman who looks like a man drunk on Steel Reserve will happen regardless of bike size or car type.

You have to accept some things...

>that asthetic
>that E30 pussy catcher status

Honestly guys... come on now, it's an older car and it's a sports style. Any dumb cunt woman can buy a Porsche and die and claim "muh safety compromises, muh I was high on pills, muh I'm a dumb whore driving in heels, muh 'I don't have ABS and what exactly is ABS?' and why am I retarded?"

Understand the risks and drive VIGILANTLY AND DEFENSIVELY, maybe even CONSIDER not taking a 90 degree turn at 120 miles per hour. Maybe consider watching for other dumb fucks. If it's out of your control you are fucked. You are only in control of yourself. Sorry, the world doesn't care and people are selfish and can hurt or kill you. You're not an F1 driver with tons of 2016 KEK safety tech. God is not real and he isn't trying to keep you safe to fuck your fat wife.

Fucking fag generation.

>tfw when I'm 23 and my friends are the biggest cucks and safety sallies buying CROSSOVER KEK MOBILES

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>14884317
Nice blogpost. Faggot.
>>
File: 1457576856521.jpg (241KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457576856521.jpg
241KB, 800x480px
>>14884317
>>that E30 pussy catcher status
>E30
>pussy catcher

The fuck are you talking about? Holy fuck, the delusions.

It's more like:

>eww, this weirdo is driving an ugly old car
>get out of my fucking face
>>
>>14884344
>The guy is so broke he can't even buy himself a nice car
>Guarantee you he has no money to spend on my cunt.
>What will my friends think if they see me get of a car that shitty with a guy.
>Holy shit he actually LIKES that it is old, this guy has brain damage for sure.
>>
>>14884130
Rapid speed to zero miles per hour stops is what kills. Not "muh sharp objects". A 30mph dead stop crash into a wall is worse than an 100mph skid into a wall with glass cutting your arm and face crash.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>14884317
>REEEEEEEEEE

Genuine frogposting
>>
>>14884354
>golddigger general
>>
>>14884362
NAWALT!!!!
>>
>>14884366
Landwhale pls
>>
File: 1381975007031.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1381975007031.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>14884356
>>14884354
>>14884344
>>14884329

ITT: Mad fags driving their wife's son's "5 star safety Crossover" that is most definitely wrapped stained by your shame as you watched your wife get rammed in the passenger seat by a man named "Schauwn Cottello".

>kek
>>
>>14884406
My E36 will outsmoke your E30 anytime.
Oh wait you don't have an E30.
>>
>>14884432
The E30 is still cooler because of those "I'm a box bitch" asthetics. I love both though.

The 91 to 98 years of the M3 are super sexy though.

Most M3s make my butthole moist for more.

Then again....that maintenance.
>>
>>14884453
>Then again....that maintenance.
Really isn't much more than any other E36..
>>
>>14884453
e36 is still very angular
>>
>>14883933
>hurr dur 1990s = 1950s in terms of car safety
>>
>>14884546
I grew up in the 80s. People were afraid of getting injured or dying in car accidents back then. Pretty much everybody knew somebody that had died or suffered injuries from a car accident.

Things were safer than the 1950s but it was nothing like how safe cars are now.
>>
>>14884546
where I live the 1950s is safer to drive
cars are slow
bad handling so you drive careful
roads are shit so you cant go fast anyway

lots of little crashes at low speed
it was like this up till the early 80s

but now all the roads are strait and flat
and the drivers do not know anything about weight transfer or corners
they are going super fast and don't how to react to any sudden change in heading or grip
>>
>>14880100
Nope, you're right not to trust it, OP.

You're going to die in one of those on the street.

You'll be the safest driver in the world and some retard is going to run a red light, or swerve into you out of no where, and kill you.

This is really one of the biggest reasons to get a new car, besides lower overhangs, more stiffness, and generally better suspension geommetry.
Some of the new cars are heavier and less "pure" than ones from the 80s and early 90s, but they're the difference between walking away with bruises or being seriously injured or killed in just a modest accident.

If you love the E30, get one to strip and make a track car and get a trailer to bring it to tracks to drive on. Don't get a deathtrap like that for a DD.
Or heed /o/s advice and don't be a pussy and get yourself killed. One less retard that thinks safety is stupid in the world.
>>
One of the reasons I got an FD is that, despite it being an early 90s car and them being thrown off cliffs, into ditches, and hit by idiots that can't see the small car, and many lost to crashes, the number of people that actually died in one is very low.

That round cockpit and thick A pillars that add to a very very rigid chassis for the 90s also makes it safer when it comes to crashes.
>>
File: tn.jpg (57KB, 717x477px) Image search: [Google]
tn.jpg
57KB, 717x477px
This one was on the highway and rolled over many times into a ditch.
>>
File: mvc-004s.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mvc-004s.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
Another that the driver just walked away from, with the passenger cell just fine.

A lot of boxy old cars just have the a pillar shoot up and crunch the driver between the steering wheel in the seat. And a lot of older cars that are light are light because they aren't stiff.
>>
>>14884836
>One of the reasons I got an FD...
Buying a specific car because you expect to crash it... It's like betting against yourself. Never change /o/
>>
>>14880100
You accept the risk. I drive an '86 RX-7. I've taken the car apart on several occasions, and the biggest difference you notice compared to a 2003 or newer car is the complete lack of reinforcements. Your face is the crash barrier, your legs are the crumple zone.

I wouldn't sell it for double it's price, but in any accident with a modern car, I will lose. If you are scared, buy a newer car.
>>
>>14884924
>our face is the crash barrier, your legs are the crumple zone.
...your balls are the airbag.
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 640x480px
>>14884864
>the driver just walked away from
Except he didn't. It fell into a lake and he drowned.

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/off-topic/12841-sad-story.html
>>
>>14885000
kekd
>>
>>14885000
>>14885006
Drowning isn't being killed by the car crash, dumbass.

>>14884878
>One of
>>
>>14885280
When did I ever say he was killed by the crash? Learn to read, fuckface.
>>
>>14885554
Oh right. Wrong picture. Other one wouldn't upload.
>>
>>14883779
A superior gentleman
>>
File: IMAG2659.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2659.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
I had a nasty crash with my e30,car had a big dent even in the roof but neither me or my gf got injured.i was lucky to be in my e30
>>
>>14887788
But my car was mint so don t expect to live in a rusty e30
>>
>>14880100
Even today BMW can't be proud whit its safety ratings.
>>
It's a choice you have to make, fun, good looking, lightweight old cars which are unsafe or fat, blobby, boring safe new cars.
>>
>>14887920
we all know there are three collisions in every crash. the car deforms and absorbs enery from the first collision (car on object). the seat belts and airbags slow your body before the dash and steering column in the second collision (your body hit the car). the third is when your internal organs slam into your ribcage after your body decelerates ... and we can do nothing about that.

A perfect example of the thrid collision killing people is the Air Florida plane crash into the Potomac. Of all the deaths, every one was a passenger belted into their seat ... it wasn't grizzly. And all died from blunt force trauma - their internal organs couldn't withstand the g-forces when there bodies came to a sudden stop (except one, the guy we saw on TV pass the rescue rope a number of times ... he was a drowning/hypothermia victim).

5-point harnesses are great. But crash testing is done as a system. Change the any part of the system and you have to look at the systemic changes. The rollbar prevents the roof from caving in ... always a good thing. But the 5-point harnes prevents you from decelerating over the same distance that the 3-point + airbag does. It's a much sharper stop. This increases the g-force of the second collision (body against car, or in this case, body against seat-belt). Would that increase the chance of an internal injury when the organs are now subject to a higher g-force stop in that third collision?? Plus, unless you wear a helmet with a tether, your head will get the wiplash/bowling-ball efect as your chest stops on the belt and you neck careens you chin downward.
>>
>>14887930
Yes, race cars all have 5-point harnesses. But they have helmet tethers too. They are much more secure. You're less likely to be ejected. But if you witness, say, an Indy car crash ... the whole car disintegrates taking away huge amounts of energy. Our Supra won't do that. The shell was designed to yield only so much (it needs to prevent penetration in a collision as well, so there are trade offs). By removing the airbag and repositioning the energy distribution I wonder if there could be some negative effects. Sure your nose still won't hit the steering column, as with the airbag ... but will your liver ans spleen be just as happy with the new set-up? (Liver, spleen, and head/brain are the most common internal injuries).

The total system effect might not be as good as it first seems. I'm speculating that with 5-point harness an no airbag, we'd see less injury at moderate speeds ... but a greater internal injury rate due to blunt force trauma (up to a point) as the impact speeds really climbed. The ideal set-up seems like a 5-point harness with a progressive tensioner that would allow your torso to impact the airbag, thus decelerating you aver a longer time interval and distance.

There is a reason we all have airbags and not 5-point harnesses. If they were pratical in race cars, we might seem them there to ... and Dale might have survived that hit to wall at Daytona.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.