[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there nothing like Up Garage in the United States? In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: upgarage.jpg (230KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
upgarage.jpg
230KB, 500x428px
Why is there nothing like Up Garage in the United States? In a city like LA it could be a successful business
>>
tuner car scene in la is nothing but degenerate gooks, spics and malibu's most wanted look alikes. they dont have any money t
>>
>>14878771
The size of Japan compared to the size of the States is why.
More concentrated automotive scene over there.
>>
There were hundreds of these in the US before the Japs even thought of modifying a car, they were called speed shops. Most of them went out of business as mail orders and online businesses like Jegs and Summit became more successful
>>
>>14878771
Because we have the internet and reliable shipping kid. I know you are at most 20 years old but shops like this used to be everywhere. Guess what? They are all out of business.
>>
>>14878801
>>14878805
Speed shops were different because they either did the work themselves or custom fabbed parts. This is basically used aftermarket parts for sale and that's it.
>>
>>14878821
Yea, they are called import junk yards in the US, otherwise known as pick and pull.
>>
>>14878771
The Japanese took over. Boring out a block and adding a Hurst shifter was replaced with cheap coilovers and "electric" superchargers. Everyone wanted their 4-banger Civic to be as fast as the V8s so companies advertised products to do so and sold directly to the consumer. American car culture died one tracking number at a time.
>>
>>14878821
>buying used performance parts
only gooks are that poor thanks to their shit ass vehicle licensing/crushing scheme, that doesn't happen in america.
>>
>>14878852
no, upgarage sells their used parts cheap as fuck because japanese people don't like buying used shit.
>>
>>14878889
and why do you think all those used parts exist on the market anyways? because japan doesn't allow old cars to be on the road hence the mods are ripped off before being scraped or sold to some weeb in north america.

simply zero market man. in the US cars go to the scrap yard with the parts sold in such a shop.
>>
File: about-page[1].jpg (66KB, 556x417px) Image search: [Google]
about-page[1].jpg
66KB, 556x417px
>>14878771
There still is. Mainly for muscle cars though.

Hawaii Racing is a big one. And Summit is basically next day shipping in LA. You can't really beat that convenience.
>>
>Selling used performance parts in the USA

Just begging for a lawsuit when some beaner wraps his civic around a pole

>Specialized retail, ever

>"No, we don't have it in stock, BUT I CAN ORDER IT FOR YOU"

I could order it to my house, for probably less money, and not have to drive to pick it up.
>>
File: my pretty tools (1).jpg (388KB, 1000x1398px) Image search: [Google]
my pretty tools (1).jpg
388KB, 1000x1398px
>>14878771

The selection in their tool shops is also impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwTQhShTOs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf81HtlpKq8
>>
>>14878771
Probably because weebs are the lowest of the low, bottom of the barrel, friendless losers with no money to spend trying to emulate a culture of sociopathic pedophiles. Basically your interest in Japan has an inverse relationship with your social, financial, and romantic success in America.

So no, a car shop catering to the dredges of society would not be successful.
>>
>>14881143
Spot the crying ameribubbler assmad about his irrelevancy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.