[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the car scene like when F&F1 came out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 476567e57.jpg (150KB, 1274x540px) Image search: [Google]
476567e57.jpg
150KB, 1274x540px
What was the car scene like when F&F1 came out?
>>
Before F&F street racing was much more fun with a better crowd and much less police. I would say ff just made more jdm fanbois.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
pic related
>>
>>14878539
4-bangers were rice burners and the only way to win was making your V8 blow up as much fuel in one go as possible
>>
Altezza Taillights
Bad Body Kits

That pretty much sums it up.
>>
people with 90s Hondas and F chassis GMs.

weekend night meets in a parking lot of a walmart of something else large.
>>
It was very nice, very swag. I liked it.
>>
With the benefit of cheap japanese imports, we already had GTR's. Supra's S-chassis etc etc etc. Most of the scene grew up watching Option videos during high school, so it was a much more mature scene overall than what sprung up afterwards.

I guess we were ahead of the curve?
>>
A lot of shit was trial and error when building an engine, reflashing existed but generally unheard of. Anything turbo was sick. The police didn't enforce racing laws like they do now.
>>
>>14878539
The Fast and The Furious came out in 2001.
15 Years ago.

OP why have you asked a bunch of 16 year old kids what the car tuning scene was like before they could even hold their own dick?

>Daily reminder 50% of /o/ does not own a car
>>
>>14879713
I dunno wtf you're talking about lad I masturbated for the first time when I was 12.
>>
F&F changed the game yo
>>
it was like the wild west

no one really knew anything about tuning except for the engineers

places like honda-tech had a lot of people exploring the frontiers of boost, nitrous, turbocharging, engine rebuilds, boring, stroking, intakes, exhaust, suspension geometry, suspension tuning, tire size, etc etc etc

it was a lot of fun to watch build threads as people went from 'maybe this will work' to a blown motor then kept updating as they dropped a lot of knowledge and came up with some pretty crazy builds

people make fun of fnf but a lot of people took inspiration from that movie and built some innovative cars afterwards and set the tone for modern car modification

same thing with /o/ back in 2007/2008, a lot of the guys on here were pursuing engineering degrees or worked in shops or had 500whp builds or were constantly tinkering with their niche euro sports car

it was a legitimately fun time to be a car guy because everyone was so enthusiastic and legitimately enjoyed the fruits of everyone's labor

except the domestic die-hards, they ruined every conversation with ignorance and stupidity
>>
File: japan cholo.jpg (148KB, 613x585px) Image search: [Google]
japan cholo.jpg
148KB, 613x585px
>>14878539
USA:
people boosting hondas and blowing them up
real miata race cars
chrome RIMS

Japan:
Bosozoku
Shakotan
drifting/touge anything rwd
>>
>>14880726
Germany:
Dodging the TÜV is like smuggling guns
Sleepers everywhere because cops are max anal
If you are under 24 chances are that your first hooning experience was taking all of the 37 limiter devices out of your 2smoke 50ccm Aprilia or Honda motorscooter and blasting along at 100kmh until the cops murder you or your CVT explodes
>>
File: fRHCPyx.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fRHCPyx.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>14878539

this picture
>yea boi
hondas
nissans
>>
>>14880755
its funny how there is always a mexican in a pack of asians or vice-versa
>>
F&F made rice come out. Rice does stupid shit and makes LEOs angry.
>>
>>14880627
I still have that magazine
>>
>>14878539
Boomers (muscle/pony cars)

Boomers teenage kids
(Same muscle/pony cars)

JDM Yo reaching critical mass

Riced out cavaliers

VDub

Mini trucks and slammed SUV's with cut springs and chrome wheels.

I will agree that it was a little tougher back then to learn, as there wasn't as much info easily accessible on the Internet to DIY, you had to ask people or just try.

It was a fun time, but even back then people were lamenting how kids taste in cars had gone to shit.
>>
>>14881482
>It was a fun time, but even back then people were lamenting how kids taste in cars had gone to shit.
People are always lamenting how the most recent generation is fucking things up everywhere. But the worlds' been steadily progressing into a better state, especially technologically. So I think that is overall just cynical bullshit.
>>
>>14881915
>progressing into a better state
Even when you have so many people these days who want to restrict freedoms and curb individualism, and they continue to get more power and support?
Even when the hobby itself may not exist in 20 years when the new crop of EVs and hybrids are designed to keep you from repairing and modifying them on your own, and they report every attempt to the manufacturer and your insurance company?

Sorry, I just can't help but think that the future is anything but bleak
>>
>>14878539
Crx's
Supras
Skylines
Miatas
Integras
Celicas

Basically the same thing you poorfag autists drool over today
>>
Jap cars
>Hot Import Nights
>Cali Type R conversion
>Wings West
>white dashboards
>Enkeis/Racing Harts
>big system
VW MK1/2
>euro look
>brit look
VW MK3
>jelly bean
>Pzwo
>Der ABT
>>
File: bill nye science.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bill nye science.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>14882996
>been steadily progressing into a better state, especially technologically
I am myself building a 3D printer out of jellybean parts and I'm lacking like three to get it rolling. By the time any sort of restrictions like that could try and grip me I will literally have the tech to print myself a car at home and slap whatever parts I want into it. Tech progresses much faster than laws and restrictions to contain it.

Never forget: the MP3 killed the entirety of the global (but primarily American) music industry fucking overnight. There has never been a more precise mortal strike. Music CD selling became so unprofitable that musicians have taken to either exclusively performing live shows because those actually pay or releasing online for clicks and Patreon supporters. It irreversibly changed the way music operates in this world.

The MP3 has been developed in Germany by the Fraunhofer Institute. The Fraunhofer Institute has both a civilian and a military branch. To this day I am not sure which of the two actually made the MP3.
>>
>>14878539

The FD RX-7 was actually affordable.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.