[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eco Conversions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: plant oil fuel.jpg (43KB, 499x332px) Image search: [Google]
plant oil fuel.jpg
43KB, 499x332px
Americans, you all know that you can convert your gasline vehicles to burn LPG or propane to save money.

But did you know you could convert your diesel car to run on old cooking grease or used deep fryer oil?

Just imagine hooning around while picking the engine of your car in deep fryer oil! You could be combining the two great American pasttimes right into one!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetable_oil_fuel
>>
>>14878028
I had a diesel Mercedes for my first car and the guy I sold it to converted it to run on fry oil. Last I heard it was approaching 400k miles and smelled delicious going down the street.
>>
>>14878028
Everyone knows. Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
File: clara dolls laughing whores.png (96KB, 453x296px) Image search: [Google]
clara dolls laughing whores.png
96KB, 453x296px
>>14878126
THE FUNNIEST POST ON /o/ RIGHT NOW
>>
>>14878126
>tfw instead of the smell of gas you get the smell of a super greasy delicious diner on startup
>>
>>14878174
I'm not joking I was just contributing to a thread. Unlike you shitposter.
>>
Walboro 255 DOUBLE PUMPER BABY
>>
>>14878496
I'm dead serious man, I broke down laughing at the idea of some old 300D rumbling past and everyone getting to smelllast week's delish burgers.
>>
burning old cooking oil in an old diesel car was great. until all the normies found out about it.

suddenly that used fry oil gained a lot of value. you couldn't just go to the local burger places and pump out their traps for free anymore.

then the state government sends you a tax bill for thousands of dollars. because they say you are a fuel refinery.
>>
>>14878126
That would be hilarious.

>be me
>hungry as shit
>smell the colonel's original recipe with those kick ass herbs and spices
>it's that fucking Mercedes again.
>>
>>14878556
popeye's > kfc
>>
>>14878989

>be me
> no popeye's in my area

It's sad. But your right, their chicken is better.
>>
>>14878028
I wouldn't try that anywhere where it gets cold or with with a common rail engine. Not to mention that here in Finland the illegality of that is on par with murder and financial sanctions even exceed it.
>>
>>14878028
>You could be combining the two great American pasttimes right into one!
You mean hooning and grand larceny?

Do you have any idea how much a barrel of used fryer oil is worth?
>>
>>14878028
>You could be combining the two great American pasttimes right into one!

I get the being morbidly obese but how is uneducated racism covered?
>>
>>14879359
go back ot reddit faggot
>>
>>14878174
>>14878489
>>14878556
Is a veggie oil conversion actually a new concept to you guys? What else did you learn about when you came out from the rock you lived under? These things are everywhere, normally covered in annoying bumper stickers making sure you know what they are.
>>
File: fde.jpg (835KB, 1972x892px) Image search: [Google]
fde.jpg
835KB, 1972x892px
>>14879457
>>
>>14879432
Aww did I offend the uneducated racist blob of a boy? Boohoo
>>
>>14879457
CA fag here, never seen a car that was fry oil converted that I knew of or had any of those stickers you mentioned
>>
I've heard propane is actually pretty good but not sure how the costs compare. A lot of taxis here run on propane so I'm guessing it's worth it
>>
>>14879473
Obey is a pretty cool company tho
>>
>>14879516
Meant to reply to >>14879473

>captcha is my area code
>>
>>14879520
for all intents and purposes kit kat, you are a commiefornian
>>
>>14879533
guarantee the poster in question is from the bay area or so cal. sorry they make up the majority of your population anon
>>
>>14879541
Don't worry, the valley is a wasteland of bro trucks and Mexicans with hellaflush hondas, its not any better here
>>
>>14879501
yeah right on /b/ro u sure showed that stupid southern KKKonservative X-ian rethugliKKKan hick bigot !!!! *sucks jon liebowiz's dick*
>>
>not mounting a cast iron plate level onto your exhaust headers and frying eggs on it after popping the hood
>not greasing the plate with your other fuel
casuals
>>
File: 15-a-Clockwork-Orange-quotes.gif (981KB, 475x285px) Image search: [Google]
15-a-Clockwork-Orange-quotes.gif
981KB, 475x285px
>>14878028
you can convert a diesel to run propane as well.
>>
>>14878989
If only more people knew
>>
>>14882136
Chic fil a=Popeye's>church's>kfc
>>
>>14879473
This picture is so accurate.
>>
>>14879520
Fairy shepherd is a good artist. His clothing is the height of fuckboyism
>>
>>14882151
Id say popeyes > chick fil a just because popeyes fries are better, and they have strawberry soda.
>>
>>14878028
>convert your diesel car to run on old cooking grease or used deep fryer oil

Just treat the fuel a little and you've got biodiesel, which should run fine in most diesel engines.
However, good luck getting used grease from anywhere now without paying through the nose. All the takeaways know, McDs use theirs for biodiesel to run their trucks on, and it's almost as costly as regular diesel unless you're not declaring it for tax purposes.
>>
>>14878028
You can convert a car to run on propane? Is it expensive? Does it fuck up your car after a while?
>>
File: 1455486712531.jpg (165KB, 439x550px) Image search: [Google]
1455486712531.jpg
165KB, 439x550px
>>14879067
Well, atleast we don't get kicked in the dick for E85 conversions.

Yet.
>>
if anyone ever built something fast that ran on this I'd definitely have one. why the hell wouldn't you, if it were something cheap and fun like an MX5?
>>
>>14882275
hardens the valve seals
>>
File: DSC_0061.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0061.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>14882275
Not at all. Very common in Europe. My brother has it in his BMW 3 series, pic related. He can switch from gasoline to the autogas at the push of a button on the dash. It cut his fuel costs my more than half.
>>
>>14878028
Boi a diesel will burn nearly anything flammable. Motor oil. Hydraulic fluid. Transmission fluid. Cooking oil. You don't have to modify anything either except for newer ones with the computer shit. But a 40 year old tractor will burn that shit just fine. Have you never heard any fact about a diesel before?
>>
>>14882814
Autogas isn't propane though, it's a liquified mix of propane and buthane I think. Also while an acceptable infrastructure exists, it's not entirely common. Autogas and CNG vehicles make up less than 1% of the total market at least here in Germany.
>>
>>14879067

Why would they ban it in spĆ¼rdoland`?
>>
Also how well your car responds to liquified gas conversions depends heavily on your engine. The general claim is that Autogas burns hotter than petrol, the reality is that it burns longer. In any case the engine will experience increased heat stress, so engines that naturally run hot are unsuited. Also gas lacks the lubrication qualities of petrol, so it's important to keep track of the oil. Also some engines will require readjustments and even modifications to the intake mechanism for a gas conversion, others are fine with more of a bolt-on approach. Mercedes engines are famous for taking gas very well on stock parts and management, you just have to "plug it in".
>>
>>14882814
>It cut his fuel costs my more than half.
And also his boot space.

LPG/autogas doesn't get sold anywhere in the UK, because nobody uses it, because nowhere sells it.
It was popular briefly because of a huge tax break on it until a certain time. Then the time you'd get supercheap fuel was so short it'd save you less than the conversion cost, so people just didn't get it and places stopped selling the stuff.
>>
>>14882881
That's bullshit. The burn temperature is exactly like with gasoline: only dependent on the mixture of fuel and oxygen. My brother even explained this exact shit to me and how dumb fucks like you spread bad half-knowledge. Every fucking engine needs a massive adjustment and extra rails installed to run this kind of shit, it's not like you can use a carburettor.

The burn temperature is only dependent on fuel/oxygen mix. When you have retards who want to save even on dirt cheap gas, they set it up to run very lean. This overheats the inside of the engine and causes unnecessary wear and tear. My brother got the autogas system installed for free, only had to buy the parts, because he set up a web presence for the mechanic and his shop. The mechanic simply adjusted it to run a good bit into the rich territory. Yes, this technically wastes the autogas to some degree because you're running richer than you need to but since the autogas is dirt cheap anyway you can do this and still make massive savings like my brother is doing right now. He's been rolling for over 40k kilometers until now and it's perfectly fine.
>>
>>14882965
What fucking car still uses a carburetor?
>>
>>14878556
AYY
>>
File: 1449873697842.png (137KB, 507x464px) Image search: [Google]
1449873697842.png
137KB, 507x464px
>>14882878
It's hard to tax it to hell and back
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.