[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello friends. I am not a car guru by any means. I just got a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1459455093104.gif (2MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1459455093104.gif
2MB, 300x264px
Hello friends. I am not a car guru by any means.
I just got a saab 9-3 arc yesterday, 2003.
Noticed the headlights werent turning on, so i went to get replacements about an hour ago. Got those put in, and the headlights still wont turn on. When i start the car, it tells me there is low beam failure left and right sides. I figured that just meant bad bulbs. Any ideas on how i could fix this?
>>
Take it to a mechanic, you're in over your head.
>>
>>14870803
this
>>14870794
check the fuse box otherwise just take it to a shop
>>
Ballast or connection issues, or the modules themselves are bad. Take to shop.
>>
Could it be expensive to fix? I got like a hundred bucks
>>
Check fuse, go to forum and ask for help. I've got a 2004 Aero. Never had that problem that wasn't just a dead bulb. Check the bulbs of course. But it might be a bigger issue. They're good cars if you can work on then yourself... If not hope you have a reasonable mechanic. Thus coming from the guy with three saabs.
>>
>>14870794
If you just bought this bring it back and get them to fix it. Do not settle for anything less. If they won't deal return the car. This is unless you bought it uncertified, if so fix it yourself or pay a mechanic, try to find one who deals with saabs specifically
>>
>>14870862
Did you seriously spend every cent you have on a car?
>>
>>14870862
>like a hundred bucks
Buy 100 dollar store flashlights and tape them to the hood until you get a real job.
>>
Nah, most of my money went to other debts. I got the car for 3k at a used dealer. He said some shit about a bulb i needed thats a 100 bucks.
>>
Back story time. Short notice seperation from military due to being deemed mentally unstable. Since it was short notice, didnt have time to continue car payments for the family vehicle. Got repoed. Finally got enough money for a cheap car, just got hired at taco bell. Here i am now.
>>
>>14870942
>being deemed mentally unstable
Not enough backstory. Continue.
>>
>>14870958
Depression anxiety, ptsd, and bipolar.turned alcoholic and had multiple suicidal episodes. Got discharged in 4 days. Fully honorable, but commander didnt wanna wait for a med board. Told me to go to va, so now im waiting for numerous appointments on that.
>>
>>14870971
Also testing for schizophrenia.
>>
>>14870925
Yeah, take that shit straight back there and demand they fix it. If they don't, leave them terrible reviews on every site out there and the better business bureau for lying straight to your face.
protip: any time someone is selling a car with an issue, claiming it's an easy and cheap fix, it's not. Because they would have tried that already as selling a car without any issues is much easier.
>>
>>14871013
He had told me he didnt want to put any more money into it since its been on the lot for over a year. The dealer is also about 3 hours away since i couldnt afford local. Real shitty situation. Boils down to me being broke as fuck.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.