[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most Economical Vehicle to LEASE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: bigstock-leasing-47250574.jpg (104KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
bigstock-leasing-47250574.jpg
104KB, 900x599px
Yes, I said it /o/ users. I want to lease a car/truck. My question is, what is the best bang for the buck out there? Looking for about 10k miles a year, two or three year lease. Kinda had my eyes on the F150. Any ideas?

>inb4 leasing is dumb, buy a shitbox, etc.
This vehicle is to be used, abused, and thrown away. I already own a sports car and bike, and have no interest in driving a shitbox nor making massive payments on a vehicle I don't intend to keep.
>>
Truck fag here, do you want the truck or need the the truck?

Trucks are not economical at all to lease(theyre overpriced as fuck new and get shit gas mileage)

Also you said you want a vehicle to use and abuse, have you ever tried to turn in an abused lease vehicle? Get ready to get cucked by fees.
>>
If you want to abuse it get an old shitbox truck you idiot
>>
>>14865224
>>14865241
It's simply a DD. "Abuse" means I'm not going to baby the thing like I own it with weekly washes and park at the back of the lot all alone. Perhaps poor word choice.
>>14865224
Trucks are actually extremely economical to lease as they do not depreciate much. This is the reason I am interested. Any actual use that requires a truck would be sparingly. Perhaps a few times a year I have to borrow a truck/SUV to carry something larger than what my tiny car can hold. Would be convenient to fit a bicycle in it tho but could live without. Mostly interested in the great rates, check out ford's website for their F150 lease incentives.
>>
The only extremely economical lease out there is one you can write off. The wife leases a new mercedes suv like clockwork every 2 -3 years because its a write off.
>>
File: 44k truck.jpg (56KB, 621x439px) Image search: [Google]
44k truck.jpg
56KB, 621x439px
For instance this is a 44k truck, payments on it new would be over $600 with an identical down payment. In two years the trucks value wouldn't be much more than 34k, hence leasing in this instance makes a ton of sense as that is a much smaller amount of monthly income tied up in a vehicle payment.
>>
File: 2.jpg (76KB, 931x626px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
76KB, 931x626px
Alternative idea.

Seriously, nobody here leases?
>>
>>14865198
Kill yourself. Lease a Nissan leaf. The lease payment is less than you might've spent in a month on gas.
>>
>>14865963
The lease payment on a nissan leaf is the exact same as a F150. I also don't own a home, I'm not installing a quick charger, and electric cars are for faggots. The leaf is objectively shit, even by the standards of feel good hippy cars. I think I'll pass on spending 8 hours cucked to an extension cord thank you very much.
>>
>>14865786
>base model bmw
Are you a woman?
>>
>>14865786

Its dumb to do, economically.

Just buy a used toyota in great condition and sell it when you dont give any more fucks about it.
>>
>>14866003
I already own an M and a crotch rocket. I am simply sick of putting miles on them. Taking 10k miles a year off my car/bike would be nice. I couldn't care less what the car is as long as it is comfy. I've nothing to prove with my DD.
>>
>>14866013
I don't wish to drive a shit car and anything decent I don't wish/can't afford to pay the payment on as I have no interest in building equity in a car I plan to get rid of in two years.

Quite frankly I feel this is the situation leasing is made for.
>>
>>14866024
>I don't wish to drive a shit car

A 5 year old toyota or lexus is shit?
>>
>>14866028
A $300/mo payment with 5k down gets me a $23k car plus 100% liability and cost of repairs. And honestly a five year old toyota (and i'd assume all toyotas) is shit and a lexus is outside my budget.

Superfluous? Yes, but I commute a long way and the cost is worth the comfort. I just can't afford a $500 car payment of what I want new and I can't really think of any car under 23k that would satisfy me as a sports car, hence why I am thinking new car.
>>
>>14866040
Just buy a 10k car outright are you joking?
>>
>>14866056
>Buy an e39 528i/540i manual you say
Yeah, that Ford is cheap tho. The BMW is retardation thanks idk wtf i was thinking.

I still think at $200-230/mo it could be not a horrible financial loss for my terrible car-killing commute. I mean you ever add up how much you spend on repairs/consumables over time?
>>
Holy shit dude are you on crack? This is a board of people who like THEIR car and like working on THEIR car and talking about THEIR shitbox. Not some expensive ass lease for a base model bmw made for cucks and women. Also you dont need a truck you fuck. Buy a prius and shutup.
>>
>>14866014
kek
sure

If this was about comfortable economy and minimizing miles on your nice cars, you wouldn't be choosing something so shitty as a base model BMW. For the same amount of money you could lease a better equipped lexus and get your comfy reliability. You're a badgefag
>>
>>14866408
>badgefag
how ironic. if you weren't so deluded to not realize a lexus is simply a fancy toyota you'd know the cheapest lease offer they have is far more than the BMW and is simply a rebadged toyota.

Pass.
>>
>>14866408
Also 36 months and that grille is so ugly I wouldn't be caught dead in one.

Try a better brand to sackride please.
>>
>>14866353
so what youre telling me is everyone is poor/doesnt commute and owns one car? please piss off i know there are some non neets here.
>>
If you're commute is so terrible 10k miles a year won't cut it, fuck off and buy a miata
>>
>>14866490
impossible to find one that isnt high mileage or abused by some kid. far too popular. was next to a nice light blue N/A in traffic with a hartop last week that i would love to own.

10k miles/year is just my daily commute. id drive my regular car/bike elsewhere
>>
>>14866434
Lexus isnt a rebadged toyota ya dummy, and even if they were it would still be better than a base model bmw, which is literally offered for the sole purpose of selling a car with a badge on it to people who are of poor self esteem
>>
>>14866569
ES350 is a camry with an avalon wheelbase. This is like saying an audi isnt a vw.
>>
>>14869353
and more sound deadening, and better wind seals, and better seats, and more isolating suspension bushings, etc, etc, etc.

I've got a book here called Car. It's a post-mortem of the flop of the 3rd generation taurus, from an author who was embedded at the company during the process. In it, competitor teardowns of the Camry and ES are described. They found a lot more difference than you would expect - they frequently might have used the same part, but built with different materials.

If you look at reliability testing of Toyota models and their matching platform Lexus models, you'll always see a slight advantage to the Lexus. Assembly lines moving a little slower, cost-cutting measures omitted, it all adds up a little here and there. It's a Toyota, sure, but it's just a bit more carefully built.

Not that it necessarily makes a lexus worth it. I would love them to sell a decontented, inexpensive, 4-cylinder, Toyota branded version of the IS here.
>>
>>14865198
>no intentions of making massive payments on something
>lease
Wut
>>
>>14865198
You should ask your wife's son.
>>
>>14865786
if you're in the NE, go to any BMW dealer in NY or NJ and you can lease a mid/base 320xi for 299 0 cap cost reduction. BMW heavily subsidizes their leases so they're a good deal if you don't plan to buy
>>
Lease a Tesla
No gas + gov subsidies = economical as fuck
>>
>>14870522
I actually really want to lease a Tesla, it isolates you from the rapid depreciation that'll occur after a few years when the battery is at half capacity.
>>
File: TUN_MY15_0002_V002.jpg (187KB, 1228x690px) Image search: [Google]
TUN_MY15_0002_V002.jpg
187KB, 1228x690px
>>14865198
Toyota salesman here.

The vehicles with the lowest lease payments are ones that have the highest residual values. This is why it can sometimes be cheaper to lease a Lexus for less than a VW. Lexus leases are extremely well priced.

The downside of a high residual value is that if you have any intention of buying it out at the end, you are looking at a very high principal. Having a high residual is only good if you don't plan on buying it out and just want low payments.

Tundras and Tacomas lease amazingly because their residuals are much higher than other trucks. Particularly if through CULA (credit unions). I just leased a Tundra Limited Crew Max Premium (~$47k) to a customer for $454 per month with absolutely nothing out of pocket through a credit union. Their residual was like $7k higher than Toyota's.
>>
>>14870522
>700+/mo
>supercharger install
Tesla is not econonical
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.