[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

?!?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: rxGTA.jpg (80KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
rxGTA.jpg
80KB, 800x450px
Is it true?

The technology used for self driving cars is the same as the technology used for NPC drivers in video games
>>
>>14862155
No, not at all. Did one of your friends tell you that?
>>
>>14862169
How is it different?
>>
>>14862179
He's lying anon. It is true. They are both computer programs running on silicon chips.
>>
>>14862179
It has infinitely more variables rather than simply turn.wheel:(left.90.deg) https://youtu.be/xs9Gr9V2mOE
Also, you have to be at least 18 to post.
>>
>>14862179
>>14862198
yeah but is it the same? or no?

P.S. I'm older than you, and if I'm not, you're too old to be here.
>>
>>14862467
Are you a fucking retard?
>>
>>14862492
>asking this question
>in this thread
>of this OP

Are you?
>>
>>14862155
>The technology used for self driving cars is the same as the technology used for NPC drivers in video games
If by "the same technology" you mean silicon-based microprocessors then yes.

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>14862522
>this was already literally the third post in the thread

strong case for runner up here
>>
Would be cool to use it like that

>load racing game ai into a fleet of self driving cars

>practice racing against them
>>
>>14862547
I dream of the day manufacturers put their best AI in unmanned supercars and drive em to the absolute limit
No risk of death means balls to the wall tactics and spectacular crashes
>>
>>14862688
That will be boring though. Like watching bots turned up to 11 play video games.
>>
>>14862717
You've never done that? It's great
>>
>>14862738
so when an NPC comes upon an obstacle in the road and manages to avoid it - it is not going through the same technological process a self driving car?
>>
>>14862966
The question is too broad for a meaningful answer. What NPC? What self driving car? Do you have insider info on the algorithms self-driving cars use for us to compare?

The algorithms describing the movement of an object through 3D space are similar, since physics engines are often built using those algorithms. A Mario Kart NPC could not drive a real car.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.