[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>for the difference in price of buying that sports car, you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Sailboat-sunset.jpg (2MB, 3151x2291px) Image search: [Google]
Sailboat-sunset.jpg
2MB, 3151x2291px
>for the difference in price of buying that sports car, you could have a nice car and a boat

why don't you have a boat, /o/?
>>
I do have a boat.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 394x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 394x395px
I'm black
>>
>Marina fees
>Maintenance and Upkeep
>Insurance
>Rescue fees in the event of breakdown
>>
>>14856173
- Boats are massively expensive
- I don't go to the coast often
- Sailing takes more time than I have
I play with other people's boats every once in a while instead.

If I wanted a moneypit, I think I'd get a plane instead. An L-39 would be pretty neat.
>>
discussing boats in /o/...

GTFO
>>
>>14856195
does that mean you can't swim?
>>
File: W1Srake.jpg (197KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
W1Srake.jpg
197KB, 1280x853px
"The two happiest days for a man who owns a boat are the day he buys it and the day he sells it again."
>>
>>14856228
Do they sell Utz nationwide now or are you in the northwest?
>>
Cars are typically the second most valuable asset a person owns, yet 96-99% of its time is spent sitting. A boat is about as expensive (not counting dock fees, maintenance, etc) and spends even more time unused.

Plus I'd need a car/truck that could tow it, plus a trailer... plus a desire to be on a boat.

Why do people own boats?
>>
>>14856249
>northwest
Northeast*
>>
>>14856215
My dick
>>
File: 4chan 2025.gif (641KB, 339x509px) Image search: [Google]
4chan 2025.gif
641KB, 339x509px
>>14856173
>why don't you have a boat, /o/?

1. Put on your best suit of clothes
2. Stand in the shower and turn it on full blast cold
3. Begin tearing up hundred dollar bills

If this sounds like fun, owning a boat may be for you!
>>
i'm afraid of open water
>>
>>14856173
You don't have a bought
You don't know how expensive and/or time consuming it is to have a remotely decent boat let alone a sailboat like that.
>>
a lot of people on /o/ own camaros OP
>>
The happiest moment is when you buy a boat and when you sell it
>>
>>14856173
>why don't you have a boat
I do, and let me tell you why it's fucking trash
>Either get a trailer or have extra rent to pay every month to put it in a dock
>have to winterize it every year
>Shit breaks all the goddamn time
>When shit breaks it's near impossible to actually get to it
>Either put it on a trailer and fill at a gas station or pay $15/gal for gas at a marina
>Paint is a bitch to do because gelcoat
>Everything gets wet
>you don't realize just how shitty those channels smell until you go through them
>Everything. Fucking. Breaks.
>Assholes in bigger boats fuck your shit up with gigantic wakes/roost you. Seriously, fuck them
Fuck boats.
>>
>>14857114
Oh, I forgot to mention Propellers. $80 for a fucking prop. They get chewed to shit by seaweed. Seriously, I think I could fucking make a more durable one out of some fucking cheap ass particleboard and a saw in my garage. Every other fucking month you're replacing SOMETHING, and the minimum cost is $80. Everything is just fucking shoved in there. You thought cars were hard to work on? Ever see the engine bay of a Testarossa? That's a fucking boat.

Seriously, fuck boats.
>>
>>14856173
can't sink in the road, no chutulu in the tarmac. all roads lead home, the ocean just leads to death.
>>
I have a boat

2 in fact. 1 owned by me (Boston Whaler 190 Montauk), 1 split between my father and I (Bluewater 2550), and 1 owned entirely by my father (Formula 382 Fastech).
>>
My dad owns a boat and we wakeboard most weekends during spring/summer so I think he gets good use out of it. Boats are fucking expensive though it was like 50 grand to buy and almost every few trips something breaks and needs to be fixed. Plus you have to pay for somewhere to keep it and pay for all the stuff on the boat.
>>
>>14857131
seaweed doesnt destroy props

cavitation does

cavitation is pretty rough
>>
>>14856173
Because I can't swim, I stopped trying when I had a drowning accident as a child and the trauma was set in for life. Only a few months ago I tried again but couldn't learn to even float myself .. I gave up
>>
>>14856173
>>>/n/
Appreciate cars and not boats, or hand in your resignation.
>>
I live in the desert.
>>
>>14856173
If I wanted to go slow and get hit in the face by the wind, I could just buy an old Miata.
>>
>>14857401

Learn to swim. It's not hard and it could literally save your life if some assclown decides to knock you into a pool at a party or something. Just stay in the shallow end and kick your feet, use your arms. It's simple.
>>
>>14856256
>96-99%
Jesus christ you cuck, why are you even on /o/?
>>
FUCK BOATS

This is coming from someone who works on the damn things for a living
>>
>>14857561
This is the national average. If you have a 30-minute commute, that accounts for an hour per day of driving. That's only 4% of a 24-hour day, so 96% of the time your car is sitting in a garage. Add in third cars and project cars, and the average driving time decreases a few percent. Hence 99%.

/o/ will have different numbers but I doubt many non-professional drivers regularly spend more than 10% of their day (2.4 hours) behind the wheel.
>>
>>14856249
The sell utz from Mass to VA and WV OH KY
IIRC
>>
i have a canoe.. and i'm thinking about buying a dinghy sail boat after i get a hitch on my van
>>
>>14858900
This made me think of boats having one thing I wish cars had, an hour counter. It would sure put an end to all the "it's all highway miles m8".

Also have 3 boats and 2 jetskis.
>>
>>14858943
>one thing I wish cars had, an hour counter
Trucks have them.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.