[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so /o/, how do I start to build this car? Its a 2007 mustang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Mustang Pictures 009.jpg (1MB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Mustang Pictures 009.jpg
1MB, 2304x1536px
Ok so /o/, how do I start to build this car? Its a 2007 mustang GT and its bone stock. with all the memes the price fell down to 6.5k with right under 100k miles. there is not a single thing wrong with this car, its amazing. one owner before myself and serviced every 5000 miles at the dealership. shits crazy. the question now is where do I start? how do I build the 4.6 3v? pro-charger or supercharger? the only thing i have lined up right now is two 18x10/18x9 wheels with 305/35 on rear and 255/45 on front. any advice for what to do next?
>>
Brakes if they aren't great and suspension, at least lower that monster truck an inch.
>>
Cold air intake
Off-road x pipe
Long tube headers
Cams

Some popular mods for mustangs
>>
>>14854250
is American muscle a good place to start buying parts?

>Brakes
http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-4piston-1piece-brakekit-0514-red.html

>Suspension
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-chrome-strut-brace-springs-kit-0514.html

>>14854259
The cams i found are around 800, should i get a better crank while im at it? also are shorty better than longtube? and I want to pro charge/super so i think im going to wait on the CAI. my brotruck friend wants be to buy glassback but fuck that.
>>
>>14854284
If you want to go forced induction, you might want a cam thats optimized for boost with no overlap
>>
>>14854519
thanks man, i found these,

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-hotrodcam-0509.html

I think i want to spend around 6k max on this build, i just have to find a good deal on a pro charger.
>>
>>14854725
I wouldn't boost it right away, see how you like it N/A first.
>>
>>14854738
This is my first v8, the NA T curve is fucking amazing. Im 6'4'' and i cant believe i have only had import cars up to this point. My buddy is saying we should just stright pipe, use all of the bedliner we have and coat it with that. lift it up an inch and put some nice big O/R wheels and a brush guard/roof rack and off road the fuck out of it. keep in mine, this is just a toy.
>>
File: DSC_2500-1920x1275.jpg (442KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2500-1920x1275.jpg
442KB, 1920x1275px
Depends on what you want out of the car

I have an 05 GT, and personally I feel like the mods should go in this order (although keep in mind I like to take my car to the track, this build may not be for everyone but it certainly helps balance out the car)

1. Wheels/Tires
Go with an 18x9.5 or 18x10 square setup
Staggered wheels are just for looks, unless you're a drag racer. But then you should be running fat drag radials on the track and a square setup for the street anyway.
2. Brakes (The weakest point of the car stock)
Brembo 4-pot can be found cheap used (<$800) or new for around $1100
3.Suspension
Dampers - Bilsteins, single adjustable
CC Plates - Maximum Motorsports or Vorshlag. Stock strut mounts are weak, these will get you aligned perfectly
Springs - Eibach, Steeda etc. Fixes the monster truck ride height
Rear UCA/LCA - Fixes wheel hop, also get relocation brackets
Watts Link - Keeps rear end centered over bumps, gives you smooth cornering
4.Drivetrain
4.10 or 3.73 gears really wakes these cars up
Torsen T2R differential is also nice but only really necessary if you're road racing
MGW short shifter is the best, Hurst is ok.

Then after all that comes the power mods, Intake, Headers, Exhaust, Tune, Cams etc.

Best places to find quality parts are Maximum Motorsports, Steeda and Vorshlag

American Muscle can have some OK deals, but I avoid them for their deceptive marketing and cheap ricer parts.

Good luck OP, have fun.
>>
>>14854240
>any advice for what to do next?
Feed it some pedestrians so it grows stronger.
>>
>>14856873
How's it feel on the track?
>>
File: bbf1[1].jpg (88KB, 590x424px) Image search: [Google]
bbf1[1].jpg
88KB, 590x424px
the 4.6 makes no power unless you add forced induction and new heads

i would drop a big block 460 in it because fuck the 4.6
>>
>>14857044
feels composed, but not anything special

paired with the right driver it'll keep up with e46 m3's, 911 carreras, stock evo's/sti's etc.

But, no matter how much money you put into it, it'll never be a track superstar like a modified corvette or s2000.
That mod list is where I draw the line, enough to be fun on the track and livable on the street without breaking the bank.
>>
>>14856873
What springs do you have bro? I like your ride height.

Also what does your stang dyno at and with what?
>>
>>14857064
460 is not an engine for going fast. It's a truck engine. If someone were actually doing a big block swap you'd use a 390, 427, 428, or 429. Post smog 460's made less than 200HP and weight like 750lbs.
>>
>>14854752
keep it stock and keep it clean, you and your buddy are dumb for wanting to ruin a nice car.
get a corolla and dd that. put the mustang in a garage and enjoy it during the summer. it will last you decades and still be torquey and fast
>>
>>14854240
I really find it hard to believe that an autistic facebook meme caused real world pricing of Mustangs to change at all.
>>
>>14859159

You can get aluminum heads for them and make way more power. Hotrod did one up to 500 hp for like $2k back in the day. Not the fag you're replying to though.
>>
>>14859159
those are way more expensive and dont offer any advantages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48h8jbm64WA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hENn6s7Uw7Y

you can make more than enough out of a 460
>>
>>14859187
You can get close to 500 on a 302 for about the same price though.
>>
>>14859193
Nigger the 5.0 mustangs cost at the absolute very least $15k and that's like less than a dozen in the entire country. Most start at 16-18k.
4.6 GTs start at $8k for rough examples and 10k for decent ones.
>>
>>14859184
This, they're just that cheap in general, and seeing as how its almost a decade old you'll start having 'end of useful life' Problems.

He needs to start with suspension and Brakes first.
>>
>>14859197
Differnt anon but I think he's clearly talking about the old 302, not the coyote. The old 302 is dirt cheap to make power from.
>>
>>14859211
Nigger I'm too stupid do an engine swap and build an entire engine from the block.

At the most all I can do without professional help is LT installations or maybe cams.
>>
>>14859197
Were talking engines dumbass not cars.

He can easily get a late model 302 out of an F150 for less than 500$ do cams and head and other necessary upgrades and be just south of 500 for around 2k.

swapping it in will be another story though, but probably could easily be done.
>>
>>14859224
But yet you want to "build" a car.

Git Gud Nigger.
>>
>>14856873
OP here holyfuck, thanks everyone.
>>
>>14859193
>"Oh, I can spend X amount of money on the engine in my car and get X amount of power."
>"Nah nah bro don't do that. You can spend the same amount on this other engine to make the same amount of power. Who cares if you also have to buy it then buy all the shit to swap it in bro."
>>
>>14859159
>390, 427, 428, or 429
>429

As if a 460 isn't a 429 with a 1/4 inch longer stroke (3.59 to 3.85).
>>
id get some sort of bumper bar. you know, for when you pile into a bunch of onlookers while trying to do a burnout.
>>
>>14859193
Power curve will be completely different. Also the 460 will last longer at 500hp because that not really stressing it at all. It's only a crummy 1.1hp/ci
>>
>>14860585
460 is a truck motor, plain and simple. It can pull shit and do burnouts, it makes very little HP and trying to get more out of it is pointless. That's not the purpose of this thread though, OP clearly has no intentions of an engine swap. The 4.6 he has is fine.
>>
>>14859142
that pic isn't my car, it's just a picture I grabbed off of the Vorshlag gallery.
It does look very similar to mine though, I'm running Steeda Ultralite Springs.
Gives it a modest drop (1"-1.5") without making the ride too harsh.

Engine wise my stang is mostly stock (just CAI and exhaust). I don't believe in dumping money into the engine, to me it seems like a waste because I would be better off just buying a coyote and transferring my mods over to that car.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.