[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First car fag here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
What is a handsome amount of shekels to spend on your first car?

$ 2500-5000-10000-15000?

Decide the price and then what car I should look into, if you will. thank you.
>>
>>14853814
However much you're okay with spending on something that will most likely last less than a year.
>>
>>14853823
I just started making big buckaroos, but I want a respectable car this summer. do you think I should get a total shit box? after a few months pay I can literally buy brand new vehicles.
>>
As much as you can actually (emphasis on actually rather than "well if I eat nothing but rice for the next 2 years and hopefully get that job...") afford.
>>
>>14853833
I will be making 5k biweekly
>>
>>14853829
I'd get something that I wouldn't mind scratching or denting and insurance wouldn't rape me over.

First cars usually don't stay in perfect condition for long.
>>
>>14853840
Go mad then. You can pretty much finance anything short of out right supercars.
>>
>>14853847
I should really make good investments though, like saving on a house kek.

the rule for wedding rings is save like a month or two payment, whats the rule on cars?
>>
Buy a civic.
>>
Paid $3,000 for my 99 F-150, 5.4L V8, everything is pretty much perfect condition, almost like new.

I'd like for it to last me a good 5-10 more years.
>>
>>14853845
Unless you live in the developed world and get your license at the end of your learning process, not the beginning.
>>
Buy a old and cheap car. something thats fun, reliable and useful (Japanese ofc)
if you have money good, don't waste it on your first car, save it
>>
File: image.jpg (199KB, 1024x652px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 1024x652px
>>14853829
>started making big buckaroos
How big are your buckaroos? How much cash do you/will you have on hand?
Are you open to working on your car yourself, or do you make enough to be able to set aside money for maintenance at a shop?
A decent first car that's still "respectable" but not super expensive would be a 2001-2003 BMW 530i. Manual is mandatory, don't bother with the automatic. With xenon lighting and in a good color these things can look bomb as fuck, and they're decently quick for a 4 door sedan. I wouldn't go with a lower displacement because they're too slow for the size, and I wouldn't go for the 540i because the V8 is a lot more complicated, unless you have a decent maintenance budget.
You should be able to get a more or less pristine late model with service records and a few options for right around $5000-$6000.
>>
>>14853858
I'm pretty sure I've recommended spending a lower percentage of savings on a car to other people in the past, but I'm about to spend half my modest savings on a car myself and I feel perfectly safe about it.
>>
>>14854221
>>14853840
Drive an E39 for a year or two to get the feel for driving and keeping up a nicer car, and then you'll have enough money saved up for a fun toy like an M3 or a Z4 M.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.