[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

abarth 124 = new godmachine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: fiat 124 abarth.jpg (502KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
fiat 124 abarth.jpg
502KB, 970x546px
this thing keeps looking better

>the only fiat parts are engine, body panels, and head/tail lights, everything else is mazda
>they're actually built in the same factory as the miata, so it'll have good quality control
>that 1.4 engine is super reliable in the 500 abarth and the dodge dart, it's the most reliable part of either car by far
>$1000 worth of tune and intake nets you 230 WHEEL horsepower http://www.hpsimotorsports.com/#!eurodrive-obdii-flash-phase-1/ca1o
>that tune is for the 500 which has a super cramped engine bay, imagine that on a way less restrictive intake and exhaust which the 124 engine bay allows
>even tuned, the engine just doesn't quit, plenty of stories of people going 10k miles already on that HPSI tune without a hiccup
>because of the fiat badge they're projected to depreciate as fast as the 500 abarth, meaning a 32k model will be only 23k after only ONE year
>comes with better shocks and springs standard, optional 4 pot brembos up front
>if by some miracle you manage to blow the engine up, almost brand new 2014 500 abarth engines are like 2 grand at a junkyard, pretty cheap for a newer engine

>if you want to go nuts, get a base 124 and build it up with top shelf coilovers and four corner brembos shit on top of the tune, it's the same engine anyway, and those base models will get REAL cheap REAL fast

i wonder how long until people realize how good it is and the price goes back up?
>>
and by the way, at 230whp and 2400lbs, it has a power to weight ratio pretty similar to the mustang GT. (which is around 3700lbs and 381whp)
>>
>>14853192
>because of the fiat badge they're projected to depreciate as fast as the 500 abarth, meaning a 32k model will be only 23k after only ONE year
Really doubt that.
This car will be a lot more exclusive than a 500.
Not to mention it's a revival of a really well known italian sports car.

>they're actually built in the same factory as the miata, so it'll have good quality control
Even then, Fiat has good quality control nowadays.
My Punto is reaching 50k kms and not a single rattle whatsoever.
>>
>wanting quality control
As an alfa owner I miss cars breaking.
>>
>>14853229
>50k kms
That's barely the break-in period of your average Toyota shitbox.
>>
File: 1448470530827_1.jpg (26KB, 479x358px) Image search: [Google]
1448470530827_1.jpg
26KB, 479x358px
>>14853229
>FIAT has good quality control nowadays
>>
>>14853192
I know a guy who has done 75k miles in his 500 Abarth putting down numbers like that, and all he does is basic maintenance.
>>
>>14853192
>>even tuned, the engine just doesn't quit, plenty of stories of people going 10k miles already on that HPSI tune without a hiccup

I'd fucking hope so. Who mods a new car so that you can't even drive it 10k without it breaking?
>>
>>14853243
I'd rather be driving a Punto than a Yaris, and I assure you the engine in it will last a lot longer than any engine in the Yaris.

>>14853255
>talking out of his ass
>>
File: 1458511505947.jpg (22KB, 229x345px) Image search: [Google]
1458511505947.jpg
22KB, 229x345px
>>14853266
>thinks 50k kms is a lot
>proud his shitbox Punto has fallen apart at 35k miles
>accusing anyone of talking out of their ass
>>
>>14853280
You really are talking out of your ass.
Go away now, crawl back into whatever pit you got out of.
>>
File: 1454275188012.jpg (6KB, 223x251px) Image search: [Google]
1454275188012.jpg
6KB, 223x251px
>>14853289
>being in denial this much
>>
>>14853220
It only has 170hp. 10 more hp than the regular flavored 124.
>>
i bet this pos is gonna cost like 50 grand and have the most tasteless and tacky tv screen for a radio

i have no intrest in this literally at all
>>
>>14853299
I'm not in denial. I could post fuckloads of mk3 Puntos with more than 200k kms in great shape here and many yuros could also attest to that.
I could also post some vans using the exact same engine with more than 500k kms with no issues at all.
Thing is, I won't even bother since you're here just to derail the thread.

Keep believing in whatever you want, friend.
>>
>>14853330
Pretty much confirmed to start at 32k.
>>
>>14853331
Different anon responding,
>200k kms in great shape
>~124k mi
That's the minimum I expect out of any modern car. I expect any car I own to make it without much hassle to 200k+ mi

You are in denial if you look at reliability rankings and reports in the United States and refuse to acknowledge FIAT is at the bottom of the ladder EVERY SINGLE TIME. If you consider Fiat cars to be reliable, then every other manufacturer in your country must be selling even worse shit, which in that case I feel sorry for you.
So yes, as earlier Anon pointed out I am glad that Mazda parts and engineering should be heavily utilized in the construction of the new 124. Especially so because Mazda on the other hand is pretty much at the top of the game, challenging Toyota and surpassing Honda when it comes to reliability these days.
>>
>>14853192
>i wonder how long until people realize how good it is and the price goes back up?
I hope it takes ages. I hope it depreciates massively because of some easily fixable thing that FCA ''forgets'' to recall and gets massive bad press about. I hope they depreciate like mad. It's the only modern car me and my gf can agree on looks good, and it's quite the fun per dollar bargain.

Then again, FCA keep disappointing time and time again, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
>Fiat
>reliable
>spend 32k
>on a fucking fiat
>>
>>14853434
protip: don't bother with american pseudo-reliability indexes
>>
>>14853455
>Bentley
>>
>>14853263
it's just astonishing that fiat managed to make an engine that can have such huge power densities with pretty much no problems
>>
>>14853307
oh yeah it's hot garbage stock, fuck that with a rake, not worth shit without a tune
but it tunes SO EASILY and makes STUPID power relative to weight and displacement
>>
>>14853520
That's Multiair for you. On full tap, they've got a massive camshaft and airflow.
>>
>>14853334
>>14853330
it's basically the equivalent of the club miata
so 30k normally and 32 with the (few) option boxes ticked
>>
>be dutchfag
>cars expensive as fuckkkk
>34K starting, 41K euro fully loaded
Is cheap as fuck then. Keep in mind, a 18i is about 36K here.
>>
>>14853192
>heavier
>uglier
>fiat
>>
>>14853609
>marginally
>subjective
>depreciation, fuck yeah
>>
>>14853229
By every source I have talked to in the used market, USDM depreciation for the one 124 will be on track with pretty much everything Fiat sells. No expects it to hold value any better/worse. Most people, even in the auto industry, don't even know about this car yet

Given that production for the 124 will be more than high enough to avoid any supply/demand issues, these will become A grade bargains in the used market
>>
>>14853587
Yeah, the tiny engine is a great thing for emissions-based taxes like we have.
I mean, that shit is the reason a Mustang is 100k+ here.
>>
>>14853587
>Keep in mind, a BMW 318i is about 36K here.
Fix'd

>>14853644
Yeah, this and a tax-exempt Ram 1500 or Silverado sounds like a perfect 2-car garage right now.
>>
File: fiat 124 abarth red.jpg (82KB, 626x382px) Image search: [Google]
fiat 124 abarth red.jpg
82KB, 626x382px
>>14853609
a little bit heavier, yeah
i think it looks quite good, not worse or better just different, especially the nice color contrasts depending on what your primary color is (like red mirrors on white or black mirrors on red)

not sure why you mean by fat? you mean squat?
>>
>>14853676
>tfw i misread "fiat" as "fat"
well with fca going to crossover focus now.....
anyway this seems to be basically the perfect fiat in that the only good parts of italian cars are here and none of the bad parts
>>
>tfw the turbo is right on top next to the engine cover so turbo swaps will be an absolute breeze
these things are going to be molested like crazy and people will be looking for clean stock ones like 300ZXs
>>
>>14853631
Well, the depreciation is a lot worse in the US market though.
>>
>>14853192
Why are you and longpostguy keep shilling hard for this car? Just buy it and fuck off
>>
>>14854433
because longpostguy gets kickbacks from advertisers for letting ad threads slip by since he is a mod
>>
>>14854433
>he and i literally saying "dont buy it new you'll lose a shitload of money and its not worth it stock"
>shilling
>>
>>14853192
The engine is the most important part of a car, and it's made by a shit company full of Jews and wops. Fiat sucks ass, and it's heavier than the Miata and looks like ass too
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.