[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /o/, today i was checking my car because of the check engine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-04-15-00-08-11.png (213KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-15-00-08-11.png
213KB, 1440x2560px
So /o/, today i was checking my car because of the check engine light turning on and i got P0401 and P0406 at the same time, its a 2005 v6 mustang, is the EGR valve or could it be something else? The car doesn't seem to use a DPFE sensor like the older models, maybe I'm wrong though. Any advice?
>>
Remove EGR valve, check for carbon buildup inside the valve and right where it bolts on to the intake. Also rent/buy a hand vacuum pump and make sure that applying vacuum actually actuates the valve
>>
>>14850438
Thanks, i already cleaned the valve though but the light is still on, ill check where it bolts on, and the vacuum test once i get one.
>>
>>14850458
Also check the vacuum hose from the solenoid for any cracks. Maybe even pop it off entirely, place a finger on one end, apply vacuum to the other to see if it holds.
>>
File: ford_dpfe_sensor_1.jpg (76KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ford_dpfe_sensor_1.jpg
76KB, 1024x768px
>>14850458
Try replacing the EGR sensor too, they tend to go bad on older mustangs. Replaced mine a while back and the CEL disappeared afterwards
>>
>>14850479
>>14850458
Yeah, DPFE's gonna be the most expensive fix here unless your valve turns out to be defective. I dunno where it is on mustangs but you'll easily find it if you look for two rubber hoses coming from the exhaust before and after the EGR valve. Those two hoses should plug in to the DPFE
>>
>>14850504
lel, I just pocket those every time I go to junkyards
>>
>>14850514
Our junkyard where I live is run by paranoid trailer trash that pat you down and check your tool box before you leave. If you don't agree to their policy they won't let you in. Bunch of fags. Next best one is an hour drive.
>>
>>14850642
>they're faggots because you're stealing from a salvage yard
>>
>>14850660
I don't want to steal from them. But I also don't want them stuck up my ass and going through all of my shit every single time I'm there.
>>
Thanks guys, gonna try everything you guys said tomorrow, specially the cleaning and testing, changing the EGR will be my last resort (aside from deleting it)
I really don't know if my mustang has a physical egr sensor since i can't find any info about it nor any spare parts for sale aside from the ege itself.
Its a V6 2005 mustang if any of you guys have any knowledge about it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.