[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Xterra Poor man's 4runner or piece of shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 00j0j_9Ev1MaRFkPg_600x450[1].jpg (38KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00j0j_9Ev1MaRFkPg_600x450[1].jpg
38KB, 600x337px
Redpill me on Xterra

Poor man's 4runner or piece of shit?
>>
Its a frontier.
>>
>>14849094
Redpill me on the Frontier then. I drive a Ram but this is for a girl and I don't want to put her in a Durango.
>>
>>14849079
Pros
>Reliable as fuck untill 2005
>vg33e/vg33er are super eady to work on except for the 6th spark plug
>amazing base for a "muddin" /trail truck
>great toeing capacity
>180-210 horses stock (more then a wrangler at the time)
>cheap
>durable inside and out
>decent crash test ratings
>most are owned by responsible people/most people dont fuck them up with sik mawds
>dat stock hround clearence
>hatch is big enough to cuddel in
>easy to replace stock stero and speakers
>comphy front seats
>great grippy steering wheel
>tons of aftermarket
>cheap to fix
>sexy fuck huge roof rack
Its great for rock crawling mall crawling and it will take a beating but it dosent have tons of fancy features its less reliable counterparts have (no leather no heated seats no touch screen bullshit)

Cons
>Timeing belt must be replaced at 105k
>gas milage is between 10 and 17 mpg city
>2005-2010 had glass transmissions(easy to fix woth a bipass or buy a manual one)
>not the fastest suv on the road
>did i mention timeing belt (first gen)
>mall crawler woman will judge because it isnt a jeep/ford/toyota/juke
>interior might rattle if you have to mich shit in the glove box or door pockets
>the arm rest is clearly desighned for woman (small and the top is a cellphone holder with a felt lineing with a hole for a chargeing cable that leads to the larger under compartment with the cigarette lighter)
>blandish interior modern and understated
>first gen pre face lift had cheaper paint and was fugly (2003 fixed this with a better clear coat and new bumper)
>>
File: 01111_eojd360RtiA_600x450.jpg (55KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
01111_eojd360RtiA_600x450.jpg
55KB, 600x444px
>>14849716
Sorry about the grammar and spelling but if you have any questions il be able to answer them

Pic related what i sent to my fiance for april fools
>>
100% of the owners are women.
>>
>>14849741
Ive litterly never seen anything but teenage dudes and off road faggots drive them with the exception of a couple of teenage girls with a beat up first gen the office meme needs to die because its so wrong

Also op stated that he wanted a chick car
>>
>>14849780
>got my 04 xterra in highschool
:l
>>
>>14849780

Spotted the insecure Xterra owner.
>>
>>14849716
>>14849732
Honestly this sounds perfect for her. All the ones I'm looking at are well above 105k miles should I assume that if they're at 150k+ they've already had their timing belts changed? I was reading Edmunds reviews and some guy mentioned that his timing belt broke on him but it didn't sound like it completely fucked him so I'm assuming it's not an interference engine. That's basically the main reason I'm looking at them right now is that her Passat is approaching its timing belt interval and that feels like a good time to get rid of it. She refuses to drive manual but I'm mostly looking at pre face lift first gens so I guess that's not a problem. They do all have faded bumpers but whatever I'll just plastidip it. I think you've convinced me to go check out the one I posted, they have it listed at $1500 and have some desperate sounding phrasing in the ad.

>>14849732
One of the complaints people seem to make is cramped engine compartment is it really just the #6 plug? Can it be gotten with an extension or does it require removing a bunch of shit?

>>14849741
I don't think Xterrabro sounds like a woman but it's possible I suppose.
>>
File: c26f103a76985e45475575bdc71484ad.jpg (480KB, 1700x2320px) Image search: [Google]
c26f103a76985e45475575bdc71484ad.jpg
480KB, 1700x2320px
>>14849079
It's neither a 4runner or a Toyota Pickup therefore it's trash

truth
>>
>>14849716
Hey xterra bro, are the frontiers as reliable as the xterra? Aren't they literally almost the same?
>>
>>14849833
Just look for the silver sticker on the radiator if its there its been changed.it is an interfierence endgine but its a damn good one 99% of people just need a new belt if it snaps 1500 is a damn good price for a used xterra even at that milage just make sure the overdrive gear works (it will shift at 45mph and after the trans is good and warm) and the timeing belt is in good shape
The bumper on every pre 2005 xterra id faded miguiars back to black even has a picture of an xterra on it i personaly used bed liner ln my bumper
Tldr check it out there amazing bro

Yes its just the #6 plug and you need to use a lift or pull the floor out but plugs will last forever in vg endgines so no worrys unless it hasnt been changed in the whole 150k

Im a mqn bro
>>14849845
Its the exact same car but with a diffrent bumper and a hatch that goes for second gen too the frountiers are ligjter therfor they get better mpgs
>>
File: IMG_20160329_193836.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160329_193836.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>14849958
Fuck this phone sorry guys

>>14849835
Enjoy your toyota tax
>>14849807
04 xterra is best xterra
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.