[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point to having splash guards on a sedan? I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: SPLASH-GUARD-SET_mid.jpg (34KB, 303x228px) Image search: [Google]
SPLASH-GUARD-SET_mid.jpg
34KB, 303x228px
Is there any point to having splash guards on a sedan?

I was at a Honda dealership earlier and for some reason every single one of their cars comes with splash guards already installed, I'm not sure I like how they look.
>>
They guard against splashing
>>
>>14847936

How much splashing is a sedan really doing?
>>
>>14847936
/thread
>>
be nice don't splash
>>
File: 535a.jpg (292KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
535a.jpg
292KB, 1400x933px
Why not?
>>
They reduce buildup of ice on the lower rocker panels in the winter.

Yes, it's a Thing.
>>
My 2015 Honda civic came with splash guards. I appreciate what they do. They guard against splashing
>>
Good for people who drive on gravel roads often as well.

Reduces rock chips.
>>
File: image.jpg (539KB, 1900x1425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
539KB, 1900x1425px
I wish they weren't so visible on brighter-colored cars.
>>
>>14847916
They're pretty much just extra shit the stealership adds on to increase the MSRP of the car. Made my last purchase decision off it
>be 2013
>looking for new Honda Civic because I'm a lazy fuck who hates wrenching on shitboxes
>test drive base model at stealership near house
>like it, ready to negotiate
>review MSRP paper
>mfw over 1200 addition shekels worth of "upgrades" on a base model
>trunk liner, wheel locks, and splash guards.exe
>"I'm not paying for this extra shit, take it off"
>saleslady: "B-but don't you want these things on your brand new car?!"
>"no, it's a commuter, I really don't care"
>saleslady: "O-oh, well I'm sorry anon. But its dealer policy that we add these options to our lot"
>"ug fine"
>continued to haggle prices for a bit
>settled on number I don't remember now
>left that night promising to be back next day to finalize everything
>went to competitor stealership next day instead
>no policy requiring "upgrades" be installed on lot
>1200 shekels saved.jpeg
>>
>>14847916
Pretty sure it's illegal to remove mud guards in some places. Better look it up before you remove them OP.
Not sure why you'd want to though op, it protects your paint.
>>
>>14850160
They protect your paint from rocks though
Why would you not want them?
>>
>>14853016
Can you not read? He said he doesn't care because it's a beater
>>
>>14853016
This. In a salt state it prevents rust formation on the lower parts of the doors
>>
>>14853040
even if he doesnt care its still dumb because
>>14853041
>>
>>14847965
>what is winter
>what are puddles
>what is rain
>>
>>14853062
It's just a beater to him. By the time it rusts out, he'll have a new car. Some fuccboi from /o/ will probably buy it and deal with it.
>>
Its nice to use during winter, just take them off when you change to summer tyres. With normal care like washing the care every now and then it won't rust away, maybe some paint will fade eventually
>>
>>14848169

The ice builds up in the guard instead and clogs up the wheel well, unless you have rubber flaps as splas guards. Splash guards work best for deflecting rocks/gravel flying from under the wheel, no other real use for them really.
>>
>not taking off your OEM guards and slapping on these

Rallykar
>>
>>14847916
Eliminates spray on highways, or at least controls it.

What's with this obsession with removing things and thinking you know better than the designer?
>>
>>14853062
>In a salt state
nah, I live in commiefornia so LolNoRust

>>14853079
>It's just a beater to him
this
I put over 20k miles a year on it, too hard to keep it nice with rock chips and random shit happening to it all the time. Probably going to trade it in before the transmission goes around 150k
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.