[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3000GT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 3000gt and girl.jpg (228KB, 1504x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3000gt and girl.jpg
228KB, 1504x1000px
I've heard these cars are really mechanically shitty and money pits. So why don't people just swap a more reliable engine on 3000GTs if they're so shitty?
>>
>>14842824
I think it's just generally not a great platform for power.
>>
File: IMG_20160304_222855.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160304_222855.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>14842836
since when is a TT v6 not a good platform for power?
>>
>>14842824
Because it's not very easy to replace a whole entire AWD drivetrain. Please, tell me one suitable replacement.
>>
Transverse engine swaps are shitty to deal with and you loose everything that makes the 3000gt so great.

You may as well ask to ls swap all the BMWs
>>
>>14842902
Nigga Where can i get $5 car washes and free vacuum?
>>
I've only owned turbo cars
>1990 Ford probe gt 14psi
>2003 srt4 stage 3 16 psi
>2003 srt4 17psi
>2003 dream cruiser 10-14 psi, WIP
>>
File: putin-facepalm.png (202KB, 342x496px) Image search: [Google]
putin-facepalm.png
202KB, 342x496px
>>14843034
Wrong fucking thread
>>
>>14842902
>Since when is a TT v6 not a good platform for power?

When it is a Mitsubishi.
>>
My friend has two of these.

Apparently neither run and he's looking for a third
>>
>ff
>twin turbo
>looks sportier than it is

OEM rice machine
>>
>>14843164
is your friend retarded perchance?
>>
>>14844609
>someone likes something that isn't incredibly popular
>he's retarded

That's /o/ for ya
>>
>>14842824
Because these people are meme-spouting busriders.

>My homeboy owned five of these and they all exploded and killed his family
>I used to have one of these and everyone broke and I was raped and that's why I don't have a car now
>Mitsubishi is so shit bro, I'd know because I drive a superior Subaru #VapeNation #JDM

It's a money pit and parts are rare, but the adage applied to buying shit like Skylines, old luxury, etc. applies to this too. Have double of what you paid for it set aside for maintenance.

The NA models live forever but noone cares about those because they're powerless FWD sporty shitboxes. It's the AWD twin turbo MR/VR-4 model with stock internals taking up to 700 horsepower without complaint people are interested in, and those suffer from the same thing every 90's turbo shitbox will. Years of abuse and wear and tear, plus electrical gremlins because these things were jammed to the guts with pointless tech. It's cramped as fuck and a total pig to work on, like the 300ZX.
>>
People cry about RX-7's needing some extra work to maintain.
At least parts are cheap and an entire engine rebuild and cost you as little as $1000 in an RX-7 and nothing besides the engine really good wrong in them.

On a 3000GT every fucking thing will go wrong to the point that you'll just be disabling all the cool features and you'll just be left with an overweight Eclipse, and the parts cost like 5 times as much as RX-7 parts.
>>
>>14842941
old awd gtr engine
>>
File: e5.jpg (66KB, 620x390px) Image search: [Google]
e5.jpg
66KB, 620x390px
>>14842941
the stock VR4 being heavy as fuck is more of a problem
>>
>>14843198
The TT models are awd nigga
>>
>>14844609

well he bought the second because it'sa turbo and his first isn't so he's trying to get rid of the first. He does all the work on it himself and he apparently can't get the wiring down right.

I don't know if the 3rd car he wants to get is another 3000gt but he does want a 3rd car.

However, everything OP said about the car being a money pit is true in his case.

That being said, it is aesthetically a good looking car and I like it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.