[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cadillac for $300,000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

Would anyone be willing to pay $300,000 for a Cadillac again?

They are developing a sedan and SUV within this price range. Will they be laughed out of the segment?

Pic related is worth $300,000 now.
>>
>>14833788
Old Cadillacs were actually affordable at the time- you didn't need to have a great job to afford one.

That's a rare classic and rare classic cars are valuable. People pay stupid amounts for them.

I think cadillac has destroyed their reputation far too much with all their shit cars, especially northstar cars, through the 90s and early 00s to attract buyers for a rolls-royce priced car.
>>
They scrapped the CT8 or whatever it was called.

American luxury will never be great again. Germans win
>>
>$300k car from murrica
>same shitty GM/ Ford build quality

Kek, Cadillac is gonna get their ass torn apart in that market. Why would anyone go for a Cadillac SUV instead for the new Bentley or something like that?

GM has raped Cadillac (and their other brands) so incredibly hard over the last decades that none of the old "american luxury" glamour is still there. People hear Cadillac and think "GM shit".
>>
>>14833992
Tesla may be able to pull it off. They have a fresh and positive enough image to pull in some would be s class buyers.
>>
File: 38452342.jpg (198KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
38452342.jpg
198KB, 800x600px
>Would anyone be willing to pay $300,000 for a Cadillac again?

If its a good car then yes some will although because of its weaker brand image most probably won't give it the chance so it'll be one of those underrated cars with a cult-following comprised of a few buyers who actually tried the car and enjoyed it very much. like the CTS-V gen-II which reviewers like Top-Gear loved but of course it never sold anywhere near the M3/M5 despite some reviewers liking it better.

I'm glad they are at least giving it a try and are somewhat going by their new motto in their commercials
>"only those who dare"

I don't see Lexus doing this even though they have a stronger brand image and that's understandable since they want to play it safe.

Cadillac is just going at it hard with pretty strong ambitions.

Basically if its good then it will be an underrated car if its bad then well i guess it might hurt what little trust people have in them making an expensive car. Quite a lot of people pay top dollar for an Escalade (even though /o/ say its just a "car for niggers and is tacky") so who knows.
>>
>>14833788
>again?
collectors markups/2nd hand prices != msrp
>>
I really like modern Cadillac cars, if they were to make a high end luxury car I would definitely consider it if I had the money. The original Cadillac V-16 was a ultra high end car luxury car, and Cadillac's most expensive car ever at the time, and it's an all time classic.
>>
>>14833959
>Old Cadillacs were actually affordable at the time- you didn't need to have a great job to afford one.

You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>14834026
You think a V12 Cadillac was ever affordable, even when it was new?
>>
Americans secretly started both world wars to disrupt european automobile development.

This was the only time when american cars were considered good. Just take a look at what happens after WW2: Germany rebuilds and starts assraping car manufacturers worldwide into oblivion.

Cadillac: once "great" now low tier GM shit
Germans: immediately rised to the top again after ww2 and will be there forever

Amerifats have lost. Face it
>>
File: file.png (541KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
541KB, 600x400px
Fuckhueg sedan-based pillarless coupes again when?
>>
>>14834128
Hello

Last one on the market, Personal luxury coupes died off in the late 70s.
>>
>>14834128

Get fucked amerishit
>>
File: file.png (966KB, 985x504px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
966KB, 985x504px
>>14834163
>>14834138
>tfw you will never cruise down the main street of your small town at night in a comfy luxobarge coupe seating 6
S-class coupes are nice though
>>
>>14834195
Murdered out S-Class coupe is my dream.
>>
>>14834067
No you're fucking stupid. a 1970 cadillac deville cost $6000, which is $35k in todays dollars. If you cant afford a $35000 car you're garbage or a student.
>>
>>14834591
1970 median income was just below 8k (around 47k now)
shut up
>>
>>14834025
Lexus is doing it right now.

The Lf-lc is a fucking spaceship.

Also thats the price of an LFA anyway.
>>
>>14834025
Actually, it would be cool if Cadillac followed in Ford's foodsteps and created a limited-production supercar.

It would also be cool if Cadillac expanded its V series lineup, perhaps including some of their future crossovers and introducing some convertibles or sports cars to the brand.
>>
>>14834671
who can't afford a $35000 car on a $50000 salary? just need a budget
>>
>>14834732
an eldorado cost just under 10k in 75
a chevy pickup just over 2k in 71

if you make 8k/year, what would you be able to afford? while paying a mortgage or rent
>>
>>14834671
$8k in 1970 is about $49k today.
$6k in 1970 is about $37k today.

Financing a $37k car on a $49k/year salary is doable and tons of people finance that on a lot less in the US.

Also, the average median income was about the same as now, so if we're considering inflation, Cadillacs were significantly cheaper back then than they are now.
>>
>>14834021
Some people are really obsessed with brand loyalty. There isn't really a good super high end luxury car from American auto makers. I'm skeptical as well but Cadillac has been doing some really impressive work on their newer cars. Looking at how good the CTS-V is, I would be surprised if they totally dropped the ball on it.
>>
>>14834163
>>14834138
unless buick avista becomes a thing
>>
>>14834732
I make ~$80k a year and I thought it was a daunting financing $30k of a ~$35k truck. I don't have kids or shit but I can't imagine not saving 10-15% of my paycheck and putting that in investments.
>>
>>14834762
The Eldorado is the top of the line. You couldn't get an f350 for 2k back then...
>>
>>14833788
Are those actually worth that much?
My grandparents have a 60 thats been in their garage since the 80s.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.