[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you agressive when you drive, or do you actively practice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: defensivedriving1.jpg (95KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
defensivedriving1.jpg
95KB, 507x338px
Are you agressive when you drive, or do you actively practice defensive driving?
My mates always tell me how aggressive I am driving.

It's not like I lose my temper or something, I just speed a lot and take corners at high speed.
Never have been ticketed, though.
>>
>>14830402
your car is basically a rube Goldberg of parts working in harmony to keep you on all four tires without sliding out while your pulling 20g's in that hektic corner.

Only takes one part to break for that whole machine to turn into a ball of flames with you knocked out in the drivers seat.
>>
>>14830439
Yeah, I think about that sometimes. But I just can't drive slow, no matter the occasion. Unless I have a girl on the car that doesn't like it.
But even then, I somehow speed until she starts to annoy me.

I just get bored driving slow. When I go to uni I always crawl behind traffic but when I get a small patch of open road I just give it the beans. Sometimes up to 120km/h inside city limits.
I'd be fucked if I was caught.
>>
next time ur m8s start being fags play this chune lad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k
>>
File: 1458276344319.gif (509KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
1458276344319.gif
509KB, 500x246px
>>14830402
Very i just did a massive burnout in a horrid neighbors driveway come at me cunts
>>
>>14830456
Wow you're an idiot. Can't wait till you get ticketed for driving like an asshole. It will happen. Mark my words.
>>
I'm very defensive but I have no patience for slow drivers. The moment I get a chance I will fly past them.
>>
>>14830475
>tfw I screech my tyres on purpose sometimes at the lights

>>14830480
Almost happened 3 different times. Been lucky so far.
>>
I mix it up. Sometimes I'll fly down a moderately busy freeway at 90 and weave through the traffic, but just as often Ill chill out at 55-60 hyper-miling in the far right lane. In streets though, I only drive aggressive if I really need to - I dont do pulls or anything unless there's noone that I could conceivably hit.

On the other hand, alot of people tell me I drive too fast and close even on city streets... so Im probably full of shit. Something about little Civic hatchbacks that really encourages that kind of shit, dont know what it is.
>>
usually chill but if a high energy song comes on it can make me want to drive at high speed

I never tailgate or drive aggressively in heavy traffic though
>>
My friends see me as pretty agressive (and they mostly say that because I do +10 mph everywhere) but truthfully I never do anything without an escape plan. I know where every car is around me and what it's doing before I attempt anything remotely reckless or dangerous. I take corners fast but nothing tire screeching or anything, just faster than others.

I know exactly what my car can and cannot do and test what I can or cannot do. I regularly go out to an empty road or parking lot and drive it and myself to its extremes, whether that's checking stopping distance at high speeds, turning at increasingly high speeds until I spin out, learning how to regain control from a spinout, practicing candance braking when it rains, etc.

Knowing the limits of your car and of yourself helps you to be a better driver and make better more informed decisions on the road. It's a smart aggression.
>>
>>14830402
Patient as fuck in traffic but when people are out of my way and the road is nice and I'm by myself in the car I like to have a go
>>
>>14830402
Depends.
If I'm on my usual route, I'll get hektik.
If I see someone ahead of me acting stupid I either go WOT and blow by them ASAP or defensive drive my way behind them until I get a decent opening.

My friend who hoons with me is terrified of riding with me, but his girlfriend and her sisters love it.
Dunno.
>>
>>14830402
Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>14830402
I once went full HEKTIK and understeered into a curb, breaking the strut and bending my rim. Once that happened, I swore off of idiotic driving
>>
>>14833664
wew
>>
>>14833669
>FWD
>>
I actively practice defensive driving.

>take my time shifting from a complete stop
>never go above speed limit (so 65 mph in the right lanes)
>keep 3-5 car spaces in front of me

I used to be an asshole driver until I got a motorcycle. Now hooning in the car feels so anemic compared to the bike, so I just drive comfortably and safely.
>>
I drove a 92 powerless Ranger for the past 2 years. Here's what it taught me

let off the gas to pass
Not breaking into turns
avoid potholes and shitty roads
I'm pretty fucking calm because of that truck. Would recommend it to your son or daughter.
>>
>>14833686
opposite. I'm mostly defensive on the bike, but since i'm far more comfortable in the car and there's no real consequences to a car crash i just thrash it everywhere.
>>
Well I pulled 0.4g in a off ramp today
>>
I drive defensively. If it's night and no traffic on one of my favorite roads though, I'll happily hoon.
>>
>>14830402
>HIGHWAY PIC
IF THERES ANY GAP AHEAD OF ME I TAKE IT, KEEP IT UNDER 110MPH
>>
>>14830402
Your a teen. You generally get less aggressive as you age unless you are an asshole
>>
>>14830439
haha wow you're a faggot. Same could be said about travelling at any speed above 25 mph. I personally have the utmost confidence in my car because I keep it well maintained.
>>
>>14830402
Nope. Not at all.

>Better gas mileage, less risk of an accident, and not tearing on your car at high RPMs constantly.

I occasionally get in it to keep the exhaust clean of carbon and sometimes do 100+ for a short 5-15 second adrenalin rush
>>
>>14833880
I'm not a teen, bro.
>>
>>14830402
I'm maybe 5/10 aggressive, and I tailgate in an effort to get better mileage.
>>
I'm not an aggressive driver.

I prefer the term "assertive driver."
>>
File: mark.jpg (57KB, 750x815px) Image search: [Google]
mark.jpg
57KB, 750x815px
>>14830402
I drive 70 miles per day.
I used to drive very aggressive, I pass anyone, and everyone. The speed limit here is 60, everyone does 70-80. I would mostly do 80-85. Sometimes 90 to really pass.
I would pass 98% of traffic, occasionally there will be someone going faster than me.
I did this for about 6 months, and then I got a new modern car with MPG readout, and I realized that if I drive the speed limit I can get 37mpg vs 21 if I drive aggressively.
My shitbox was getting 24mpg, I wonder what it would get if I slowed down....

Anyway, reason I started to drive "normal"
Driving aggressively is very tiring. Retards here do not under how the left lane works. About 50% of folks move out of my way when they see me coming, or when I flash my lights. 20% move over only after I ride their ass, honk, or use hand gestures at them
25% never move over
5% will fucking brake check me, drive behind me with their high beams on, or one time this cunt started to drive next to me and swerve at me just because I flashed my high beams at him when he was hogging the left lane.
This happened daily, and it was really bad for my health.

Now I engage cruise control and sit at 65 in a 60. I get passed by 95% of all traffic, so everyone is going at least 10 over. The only cars I pass are semis.

Its also very relaxing, I dont have to worry about being stuck behind a slow cunt. I am now the slow cunt, but I only drive in the rightmost lane, and if I am preventing someone from passing, or I need to pass, or someone is riding my ass, I fucking floor it, get up to 80, and zig zag through until I clear the obstruction.

When I hit traffic I am back to driving aggressively as fuck.
Never had a car accident, have not been pulled over in over 3 years.
>>
Started driving when I turned 20. I used to do retarded shit when I was in my early 20's, thankfully no accidents, got a couple tickets. Second half of 20's I'm following every traffic law, since I realized it's not worth it getting into an accident or talking to officers and getting tickets.
>>
>>14834086
>SEE OPENING, INSTANTLY TAKE IT, NO HESITATION
AW YISSSSS

>>14834134
>I am now the slow cunt
YOU ARE NO MAN!

> I only drive in the rightmost lane
ENJOY ALL THE RANDOM MORONS MERGING INTO YOUR LANE FROM THE ONRAMPS AT 30MPH
>>
When I'm alone I stomp on the gas at red lights. Otherwise the only comment I get is skipping 4th gear when shifting.
>>
>>14834190
>ENJOY ALL THE RANDOM MORONS MERGING INTO YOUR LANE FROM THE ONRAMPS AT 30MPH
Doesn't happen here. I dont even increase/decrease my cruise control. We have long ass entrance ramps and 90% of drivers actually know how to merge either infront of me, or behind me without issue.
Just got home after driving 30 min on the highway doing my 65, not one issue with anyone merging into me. Only had to cancel cruise one time for some old fuck slowing down too early for his exit.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.