[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didnt these come with v8 and no tacky bumpers? Yes i know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: plymouth_prowler_by_jaxinc.jpg (422KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
plymouth_prowler_by_jaxinc.jpg
422KB, 1600x1200px
Why didnt these come with v8 and no tacky bumpers?

Yes i know we have the caterham, atom and countless cali made open wheel clones but why would you put a 200hp v6 behind a auto and call it a 'hotrod' with dumb bumpers?

Automotive /o/ddities thread
>>
Boomer mobile.

Like the Thunderbird.
>>
>>14824309
people have v8 swapped them tho so why not give it the 400hp ls from the factory?

fuckup of the highest order
>>
It should have at least been available as an SRT
>>
>>14824301

In this picture, I like everything on it other than the 90s looking mirrors, the bulging side markers, and the tacked-on looking turn signal housings.
>>
I always thought it was just cause Plymouth was dying out and this was all they could do or were allowed to do from GM
>>
>>14824765
>Plymouth
>gm

It's a product of Chrysler Daimler at their very worst. Terrible mismanagement and I imagine keeping it far away from viper performance territory was a requirement for the project to be greenlit.
>>
File: Plymouth Prowler 1999 yellow.jpg (195KB, 1024x677px) Image search: [Google]
Plymouth Prowler 1999 yellow.jpg
195KB, 1024x677px
>>14824301
The bumpers are so it passed the crash testing required for sale of a new car; you're dumb for not knowing that.

The V6 and four-speed automagic transaxle are because that's what Chrysler had in the car parts bin at the time. Those bits are sourced from the LH platform cars, which is important as the V8s in Chryslers' inventory were only emissions-certified for truck use and thus needed a complete redo to be used in cars as allowed emissions for trucks and cars are different. Furthermore that transaxle wouldn't take the torque of the V8 even if it was a good idea to have ~200lbs more engine for ~30 more hp, unless you think Chrysler was going to shop out of GM's Corvette parts bin.

tl;dr you want V8 and/or manual rear transaxle get a C5 'vette and stfu

also fuck you i like it general
>>
>>14824324
>ls
Because its a mopar?
>>
>>14824358
SRT wasn't around back then underagefag
>>
There was going to be a v8 car. But it didn't get past concept . It was called the howler
>>
>>14824996
Still could've at least thrown a manual box at it
>>
File: o1416161266223.jpg (18KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
o1416161266223.jpg
18KB, 403x403px
>>14824301
>expecting chrysler to make decisions that make sense
>>
>>14825021
There were plenty of turbocharged Chryslers before that though
>>
>>14824301
Because packaging reasons and because the car itself was a design study to see how manufacturing of aluminum bodies could work in the future.

Also the caterham is not a clone of that car......
>>
>>14824324
>LS
>Chrysler product
>>
File: Neat.jpg (224KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
Neat.jpg
224KB, 800x550px
>>14824301

I thought the Prowlers were the coolest fucking thing when I was a kid.

I had a matchbox car toy of one, I didn't even realise they were a real car until I was a little older.

To this day i've still never seen one in the flesh (Ausfag), and last time I even heard about one being up for sale here it was over 100k.

Sucks that the execution was so lacking, but fucking kudos to whoever at Chrysler for seeing the thing through to production.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.