[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't these in road cars yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Why aren't these in road cars yet?
>>
>>14816336
modern turbos on modern engines already spool just fine. Go drive a new M3
>>
>>14816336
I wonder just how many amps have to be running to that thing as 12v to make it effective. I was under the impression that a good electric fan was about the max limits of a passenger car 12 volt system.
>>
>>14816366
>implying they're still maxing out at 12v

there are lots of cars that already have 48v board electricity
>>
>>14816366
Don't you mean the starter is the limit of 12v capability?

Also even a lower amp motor like the blower motor would help spool faster. You stll have the exhaust being used to spin the shaft too.
>>
Because we don't have high performance hybrids. Honda needs this and decent suspension and back seats on the crz and I will buy one
>>
File: image.jpg (704KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
704KB, 2048x1360px
>>14816336
They are.
>>
>>14816350
You're wrong though.

The M3 has 200lb-ft of torque at 1750RPM, then 400lb-ft at 3000rpm.

Maybe the boost response is good at 3000 RPM but no.

>>14816366
Mazda's supercap i-Eloop is only a $2600 option. That same thing would make a hybrid-electric turbo work.

>>14816552
Using electricity to drive a turbo at low RPM increases the fuel efficiency.

Kia had a hybrid concept that not only had an electric motor, but had an electric supercharger that increased torque and fuel efficiency at low RPM.

One of the rotaries problems is that you can't get high compression, but forced induction is like having higher compression, which improves efficiency. That's an example where having a hybrid-electric turbocharger could improve both mileage and emissions even without having a full, heavy hybrid set up.
>>
>>14816572
Is it actually being made with that?

I saw the concept.

Weird system though... having a separate electric supercharger with a bypass valve instead of having an integrated and spaced unit.
>>
>>14816469
The starter is able to draw virtually all available power from a 12 volt system upon activation. I work as a diesel tech and literally ever engine fan uses a mechanical system because the amperage draw of an electric fan just isn't feasible. I imagine a kers system would require a similar amount of power.
>>
>>14816717
The SQ7 is only a 10hp electric motor. Can't that be run on 12v?

It's a 48v system in the SQ7, though.
>>
>>14816336
Because manufacturers still can't be bother to install brushless starter, so how do except them to install Hybrid turbocharger.

Also 12V electrical system

>>14816403
i've never heard about it
>>
>>14816890
Brush-less starter.

For what purpose?
>>
>>14816336
audi already has electric turbo systems. it will operate on their new 48v design.
>>
>>14816336
Money? Would sure be nice to see 2 litre 4 bangers make 600hp with no lag and still do 60mpg around town.

>>14816350
It's not just about spool, it's about all that wasted power that can be recouped.

>>14816366
50kw at 12v could get toasty
>>
>>14816684
>>14816684
>You're wrong though.
>The M3 has 200lb-ft of torque at 1750RPM, then 400lb-ft at 3000rpm.
>Maybe the boost response is good at 3000 RPM but no.

You fucking tool, the torque curve on the new M3 looks like the torque curve of an american vee ate
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.