[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice br/o/s...my job depends on it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 15

Talk me out of leasing a brand new 2016 Corvette with the Z51 Performance Package...

...but wait there's more: I'm in sales and my company is paying all but $150 of the payment.

Will I look like a douchebag?
Will bitches like this car?
Will my customers (WHITE MALES from ages 35-70) want to ride with me in this car?

I want to get a black one, with black interior, black wheels, and yellow brake calipers.

Pic sort of related: closest I could find. Mine wouldn't have the yellow trim around the wheels.

PS Alfa 4c is a non starter and so is the BMW M2. Both are too small to fit some of the tall and heavyset guys that are my customer base.
>>
hang yourself
>>
Does your territory have snow / ice part of the year? Will it bother you to put 30K miles per year on the thing?
>>
>>14812530

Why do you say this? Is it the color scheme?
>>
>Will I look like a douchebag?
You'll look like a boomer who just retired

>Will bitches like this car?
Its new, sporty and expensive so yeah they will.

>Will my customers (WHITE MALES from ages 35-70) want to ride with me in this car?

Most of them will probably like it so sure
My only question is why are you leasing it? Is that the only way your company will pay for it?
>>
>>14812519
Just get the CTS-V, which is a Vette for people in your situation.
>>
>>14812532

Southern California. No snow or ice ever. No it won't bother me the mileage. The company has a fleet account with Chevy and Cadillac. We don't get dinged by the mileage like a consumer would.

The 90's and 2000's vettes had a reputation of being an old man's or douchebags car. I'm in my late 20's. Do people still think this about vette's?
>>
>>14812541

I'm not sure leasing is really even the right term to be honest. The company has a fleet account with Chevy and Cadillac.

The cars go back at the end of the term and we get new ones. So I would assume it is a lease.

By the time the cars go back they're pretty wore out and the customers tend to trash them and treat them poorly, hence the reason we get new ones every three years. But only if we keep our numbers up.

The most important thing about this decision is that:

1. It hopefully is a conversation starter to help me get in the door with people.

and

2. My prospects might look at the car and be willing to join me for lunch/dinner etc.
>>
>>14812546

I would like the CTS-V but it is a much more expensive car. I would probably have to come out of pocket nearly $600 on top of what the company is paying.

The ATS-V is doable. But I'm not sure the ATS-V would really help me with clients. What do you think?
>>
Do you guys like the new vettes? I mean what do you think when you see one?

If you had $70k to drop on a car would it be in your line up of options? I know BMW and Miata seems to be the most popular cars around here.

But where I live people who drive BMW are looked at in a very negative light, not to mention there are so many of them around that you really don't stand out in them.
>>
>>14812573
Don't get the ATS-V. If the CTS-V is out of reach than i guess the Vette seems like the option you'd want. I didn't realize the price discrepancy was that extreme though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
>>14812586

A CTS-V with NO options is $85k, and right now the dealers are charging huge premiums because it's a new model and limited quantity. Figure $90k for a CTS-V with literally nothing on it. Most are closer to $100k. And the insurance on them is astronomical.

It's sad, because they are fucking sweet as hell. I looked into those first.

Found a pic: This is exactly what I would be getting. Thoughts?
>>
Just sell it before it goes over 800 miles on the odo, should be a pleasant experience then.
>>
I personally don't care for the new 'vettes. They're overstyled IMO. But you cannot deny the performance.

Whether it's a douche car or now - who cares? As a sales droid I'd prefer something more comfortable (I'm an application engineer, so I travel to customers to do installation / troubleshooting. 10% travel), but you're young so if your butt can handle it and the company is picking up the tab - sure go for it.

Most of our sales droids drive less flashy company cars, but they do take customers to lunch so they have large cars / SUVs. I can't imagine telling customers "meet me at XXXX, I have a 2 seat car". But hey, it's your call.
>>
>>14812624

You'd be surprised how comfortable the seats are in the new vette.

You are right though our more junior sales people drive sedans. My job is specifically focused on a few key decision makers. I almost always meet with only one person at a time, and it is usually a director or above.

My thought process is perhaps they might just say yes to a lunch with me if they get a chance to ride in something interesting instead of the average sales guy's Accord or Ford Fusion.

I'm not sure because quite honestly these guys are a bit older than I am.
>>
>>14812624

Yeah they are a bit overstyled. I agree with you about that.

If you wanted to attract attention in a good way, and you were hoping your car was a conversation starter what would you get?
>>
>>14812519
>leasing a car
Live within your means homie, buy in cash
>>
I think this is one of the nicest takes on the new Vette, but this is all custom and unfortunately I won't be able to modify mine. (company policy).
>>
>>14812656

Dude you didn't read the thread. Company is leasing it for me. I'm in sales. Our cars are trashed in three years and we get new ones. It's cheaper for the company than to repair/fix-up old cars.
>>
>>14812645

Depends a bit on the industry imho.

Wouldn't make any difference to me since ethics rules are a little tight round here and I'd rather you did your pitch at my location but ymmv.

Also you might not want to flash a car like that towards people that will be paying for your product. If I saw you roll up in a vette the first thing I'd think was 'we're giving up too much margin to this vendor.'

>pharm and medical device buyer for a government agency.
>>
>>14812656
>poorfag
kill yourself
>>14812519
dude, why are you asking a website full of weaboos and literal faggots who rave about miatas? get the vette its a cool car and everyone will like it. otherwise if you are looking for more practical a BMW M3 can be obtained well optioned in the mid-70s.
>>
>>14812683
>If I saw you roll up in a vette the first thing I'd think was 'we're giving up too much margin to this vendor.'
As you then go hop in your own 80k car and drive home to your 300k house right?
>>
>>14812656

Did you miss the part about the company picking up most of the tab? It's a dream situation.

What would *I* do for a company car? I'd go for something super reliable, comfortable, and understated. But I already said that. On my visits I'm basically Winston Wolf, but nobody ever sees my car (boring but dependable / comfortable Subaru Outback) or I rent a car at the airport - usually full size like a Ford Taurus.

If you want your company car to be a conversation starter than ask yourself what would say "confident excellence" without overcompensating or shouting. That's why my comment about the styling. What would your clients be interested in? An M2 perhaps. I'd still probably go toward the Cadillac, and explain that the company cars are all GMs. But hey, if you like the Corvette then fine, but aim toward a less flashy color?

Your call. In my field we're not impressed with cars per se, so long as it's in good shape. Again, engineering / troubleshooting. Even our sales droids are scientists / engineers. Different industry.

You're going to be driving it a lot. Be happy.
>>
Only complete cuntbags drive Vettes. Get a Chevy SS. Almost the same power as a Vette, but people won't avoid you for it.
>>
>>14812683

I sell technology marketing services and software design.

I'd be curious about your opinion on this, but most people think that if you are any good at marketing you should be successful. I've seen guys who've landed massive contracts driving Ferrari's to meet with clients. Maybe this is a SoCal thing?

FYI...and for the most part I hate this state in many ways, but my job is good so I'm stuck.

That's good advice though...I'm pretty torn. One one hand I'm thinking a subtle Cadillac, and on the other the Vette.
>>
>>14812722
Go for the vette that guy is a kike. Nobody in the real world thinks that way, and it would be pretty unethical to let the vehicle a guy drives impact a contract decision.
>>
>>14812690

Yeah I would like the M3. It's a spectacular driver's car. The problem is the company doesn't have a fleet account with BMW, and unfortunately BMW drivers have a very, and I mean VERY poor reputation around here. It would be a big negative at my job.

...I'm asking here because a lot of people here are in technical jobs and while some are too young, I'm sure there are a handful that would be my typical client.

I'm asking this exact question on a few other forums. Thansk for the response
>>
>>14812731
Don't listen to this guy, he's clearly never been to the real world.
>>
>>14812705

Lol no. I own a very respectable town house. I wish it only cost $300k. This is SoCal.

If you are willing to work your ass off, and be technically adept you can make a fortune in sales easily in your mid 20's. The washout rate though is probably in excess of 80%. I'm in the top 3-5% of people in my field.

Eventually I hope to be at Oracle. Their top sales guys clear $500k a year EASY.

For most people though outside sale is a MISERABLE career. I like it. It's like a big game to me and I enjoy the competition. Not much I can say about it.

If anyone wants to try a sales job I can point you to a couple of decent 100% commission opportunities...They're real sales jobs though, not some stupid ass MLM/Pyramid scheme bullshit.
>>
>>14812711

Thanks much. I'll give that careful thought. Perhaps a dark grey with silver wheels and tan interior would be a better choice?

The new Cadillac CT6 (I think it is) is really nice.

I wish we could get Jaguars. The new 2016 XF is gorgeous IMO.
>>
>>14812690
>poorfag
Not the anon you just replied to but out of curiosity I looked at lease prices and I could easily afford to lease up to a Porsche 911 Coupe 991
Carrera GTS 2 Door without ditching my current car.

Why would I throw away my money like that though? My cash bought DD fits the function perfectly at a much lower up front and running cost. Smart people don't throw away their money, they use it wisely, which is also why they have more or it than stupid people. Some business models are built around peoples inability to think.
>>
>>14812714

It's a thought. It's hard to look at the SS though and then look at the Dodge Charger SRT...The Charger is so much better looking IMO.
>>
File: ssgrafd.jpg (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ssgrafd.jpg
131KB, 640x480px
>>14812731

Dude I wish things were the way you think they are...They're not.

Upper echelon technical/medical/software sales has a huge component surrounding the ability to entertain clients. Yes, you have to be amazing at your job and create significant value, but that is only 2/3rds of the equation.

We have huge outlays of dinners, drinks, strip clubs, golf etc. that happens to woo the decision makers.

Any advantage you want to grab on to as well. It's rough out there.

Maybe I should get a less flashy color like this guy says.
>>
>>14812705

House is 900k cuz lol NorCal Bay Area. I expect a correction in the next couple of years tho.

>>14812722

Well I'm in NorCal so there is a difference. Its probably also industry.My sector is most likely nothing like your sector.

If I saw any sales rep pop out of a current model year highish end sports car or luxury car we'd banter a bit. If you eventually said its a company car I'd think about that later.

It's Uncle Sam's $ after all.

>>14812731

Sales is a business of relationships.
>>
>>14812767
i would definetly reccomend you cadillac ats-v or even better, ct6. european cars are boring(yurop car salesman), these cadillacs are sweet and fun i don't really have anything bad to say about them. they sold a lot of them here right before recesion but now they are getting more an more popular becou they are cool cars, i hope i will be able to buy one new directly from the lot in a few years time.
>>
>>14812778
The dilemma with the Charger is that the tame looking trims are all noticably less powerful than the SS, and the more powerful trims all make it look like a fucking Hotwheels car. And to me the SS interior looks nicer, too.
>>
>>14812775

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't think you've ever been in outside sales...

If you buy a car and use it daily in outside sales that car will be trashed in three years.

We put a fuck ton of miles on our cars, and the customers are almost always disrespectful cunts to the vehicles. Just the other day a marketing director rolled down the window of my car and lit up a smoke. He didn't ask permission, he just did it. I had to go get the thing fucking detailed that weekend.

He even got ash in the car. They spill drinks, they're fat and sweaty and smell. Some of them are very heavyset and they fuck up the seats.

That's just the way it goes. In certain industries a luxury car is literally a must-have. Real estate sales is like that and so is finance.
>>
>>14812823
How many miles a day?
>>
>>14812807

Man I really wish California would become a red state AND pushed out all the illegals. Fuck it's beautiful out here and the weather is the best 'car-guy' weather in the world.

But the state gov't sucks.

My townhouse was new construction and cost around $585k. It's small but classy. I like it.

I'm not sure about the housing market. There isn't a lot of land left in California. But I could see NorCal having an adjustment. If they just got the fucking SJW out of San Francisco they could fix the housing situation up there ASAP with new, denser construction.
>>
>>14812767
Just get based impala LTZ. Its nice, comfortable, has a useful trunk and has more eletronic toys than the vette. Plus people wont think you're compensating for something.
>>
>>14812810

Thanks. For the money I think the ATS-V is literally the best vehicle around. You get so much car for the price.

A lot of people bitch about the infotainment system, but I think they are being a little overdramatic.

CT6 is very pretty. Definitely going after some of Jaguar's clients with that model.
>>
>>14812850

I agree with all those points.
>>
>>14812818

I agree on all fronts. Dodge needs to work on their fit and finish. I do think the value you get is good and the lease specials Dodge offers are spectacular.

If you're a young'ish dude on a budget you can lease a really good looking Challenger for $350 a month with little or no money down.
>>
>>14812823
And you want lazy fat bastards to cram into a Corvette with you? When you could have an SS in stunning peacock green (Holden pictured)?
>>
>>14812836

Anywhere from 50 to as much as 250 if I'm making a long haul to meet a specific client.

There is no limit though. The cars are bought through a fleet account and honestly I don't know how that all works.
>>
lease a c6 z06
>>
>>14812860

I'll check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>14812880
But he wants to drive 50 to 250 miles a day, not 6 miles.
>>
>>14812874

Not a bad looking car. I'm not sure I'm sold on the green. Kind of reminds me of an Infiniti.

The Vette for a 2 seater is surprisingly roomy. You have to remember their core market is old fat white dudes. The seats and interior are meant for them.
>>
>>14812739
Everyone drives nice cars who is somebody. To think otherwise is absurd.
>>14812757
Oh no I'm quite happy with my salary, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in your assessing margins of a contract based on the salesman's vehicle when the government employee makes more.
>>
>>14812879
Well I do 100 miles a day and you are vastly overestimating the wear and tear that much use will cause.
People doing short journeys many hours apart are pushing their cars the hardest.
>>
File: 2016-Cadillac-CT6-pr-f-598.jpg (85KB, 598x436px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Cadillac-CT6-pr-f-598.jpg
85KB, 598x436px
>>14812880

Hahah way too extreme as a daily driver. Would be fun on the weekends for sure.

Man I have to hand it to whoever is in charge over at Cadillac. Other than that ugly compact SUV they have, their line-up is looking strong as fuck. I'm still young'ish and I thing this car looks classy as hell.
>>
>>14812908

Yeah that comment was more directed at anyone interested in possibly a sales job. I get asked a lot about it, and my usual advice is to avoid the field like the plague. lol. Most people hate it.

Gov't employees make that much really? That retirement check is nice I bet.
>>
>>14812889
C6's didnt have that many issues from the 427 small block after the first 2 yrs. But they are horrid as DD's. Cramped rough ride and the interior is made up from bits and pieces from other cars.
>>
>>14812908
There's a difference between nice cars and flashy cars. Driving a Corvette at work is fewer steps away from being a brothel owner with a Hummer than you think.
>>
>>14812889

It all depends on your territory. We're huge in Europe and eastern half of the US, but a little thin west of the Rockies. We have a sales rep whose territory is CA, NV, WA, ID, OR, and AZ. He practically lives in his car when he isn't flying. But we also have reps in the midwest who have a single state as their territory. They also spend 2-3 hours per day in their car several days per week.

Hence: something comfortable. But if your territory is "LA" it might not be anywhere near as bad.
>>
>>14812909

I've been in the game for a bit. Perhaps it's my customers, but they are disrespectful as all hell about our cars. My last car was a fucking mess by the time it went back. It's the interiors that really look worn out.

But really though I don't set the policy. The company does. The cars go back after three years pretty much no matter what. We don't have any say in the matter, expect if you're lucky you get some choice in what your next vehicle is.
>>
>>14812946
It was a reference to the story of that one brand new Z06 blowing its cylinder through the engine block after 6 miles.
>>
>>14812945

I agree with this. I've got to get more opinions and give this thought.

Getting a nice respectable car is easy. The dilemma I have is what happens when the 55 year old business owner decides to join me for a steak and sees the car? Is he going to think, "Shit this might be fun, I like this kid..." or is he going to think, "Who is this douchebag?..."

In sales, especially on the first meeting or two anything that is human and non-worked related that will strike up a conversation helps. Most older guys tend to like Vettes from what I have heard which has started this whole idea of possibly getting one.
>>
>>14812946

Yeah not as bad. I drive all over LA, OC, San Diego, and Inland Empire. Sometimes I have to drive to Vegas or even Phoenix but that is rare.
>>
File: cadillac-cts-v-black-diamond-xl.jpg (83KB, 970x600px) Image search: [Google]
cadillac-cts-v-black-diamond-xl.jpg
83KB, 970x600px
>>14812946

Yeah not as bad. I drive all over LA, OC, San Diego, and Inland Empire. Sometimes I have to drive to Vegas or even Phoenix but that is rare.

Lord almighty I wish I could get the new CTS-V. Fucking homerun IMHO.
>>
>>14812980

Haha that really happened? Hadn't heard about that one.
>>
>>14812585
Where the fuck are you, some paki country? Canada? China?
>>
dammit wrong pic. Here is the new 2016 CTS-V.
>>
>>14812911
it is classy as fuck too bad they are so expensive in europe,you should deffinetly buy ct6 and post some photos on /o/
>>
>>14813012

SoCal.
>>
>>14813025

Yeah it is...One thing I love about being American is access to inexpensive vehicles.

I bet in 2-3 years those CT6 will be available like new with low miles for $35k (USD).
>>
>>14813042
not in yurop, usually american cars are ovned by die hard USA car fans so they are either expensive or not for sale, i have a bmw x3, 530i and jeep zj 5.2 and i deffinetly enjoy jeep the most, I love cruizing with it or go to USA car meets.
>>
>>14813067
a brand new cadillac is my biggest wish
>>
>>14812519
>Will I look like a douchebag?

I think everyone looks like a douchebag in the C7 but that's just me.

>Will bitches like this car?
most will think you are a douchebag

>Will my customers (WHITE MALES from ages 35-70) want to ride with me in this car?
yes.
>>
>>14813097

Thanks for the honest feedback. Point 3 is the most important. Tough call.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>>14813110
I almost want to take back the yes on point 3. They will probably want to DRIVE it but riding bitch in a corvette is just that. Look at the interior. Everything is driver focused kind of like a fuck you to the passenger.
>>
>>14813120

I commonly let my customer's drive my car if they like it. I'd be buying the Vette in a stick though, which most salespeople would think is nuts, but it weeds out the assclowns who have never driven a fast car.
>>
>>14813126
good decision on the 6 speed

I'm not even a small fan of the C7 compared to the C6 but yeah I'd totally be more likely to buy something from you if you let me drive your corvette.
>>
>>14813134
>6 speed
err... 7 speed
>>
>>14813134

Yeah everyone at my company does this. More and more sales guys are leaning to getting interesting vehicles and offering to let the customer take it for a spin. It's a good icebreaker.

But the manual separates the men from the boys a bit and keeps accidents from happening.

I know the automatic transmissions on Vettes are incredible, but damn the stick is just so much more fun. Except in traffic on the 405. ; )
>>
Well all thanks for the advice and comments. Gotta head out. Take it easy.
>>
>>14813134

Seriously? Most of his clients, according to him, are "director or above".

My wife is a director at a Fortune 50. Yes, she's female, but she would never let "can I drive your $70K car" sway her in her decisions. We can easily buy a $70K car, but we don't. But driving a salesman's car is cheap ploys when we're talking about $500K decisions.

I get that sales is about relationships, but it's also about respect. Respect for the client, respect for the client's money, respect for their image, and respect for making proper decisions for business. People in their 40s-50s who are directors+ don't even give a damn about whether they can drive the sales rep's car. In fact, it's a bit of a turnoff.

And with that, I'm out.
>>
>>14813196
>Seriously? Most of his clients, according to him, are "director or above".
ah yeah in that case most don't give a shit about the car as long as it's not a civic. I'd say a sports car is a bad choice in that case.
>>
ITT: Does anyone here sales anything at all about sales sales? Sales.

Ok so my sales job is so sales. Corvette. Sales outside, for my sales job. Sales sales sales I work in sales. Yup that's me I have a sales job. I am in sales and outside I need sales for disgusting old fat asses in my sales.
>>
TESLA
E
S
L
A
>>
File: C7z51rightflank.jpg (132KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
C7z51rightflank.jpg
132KB, 1280x960px
>>14812519
my z51 company car is pretty nice.
>>
>>14812519
Test drive the SS.
>>
>>14812519
>not a cts-v

corvettes will and forever be shit since the last good one (the c5)
>>
File: 20160319_210239.jpg (563KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160319_210239.jpg
563KB, 2560x1920px
IDK, I would be pretty unimpressed. I'm in sales (for the largest wrap company in the world, we distribute wraps to over 160,000 vendors and commercial clients), to even get in the room with me you have to be talking billions. If I showed up in an American pushrod POS to a meeting I wouldn't be clearing 7 figures anymore.
>>
>>14819277
>talking billions

okay there buddy
>>
>>14819244
C5 was the first good one tbqh
>>
>>14819277
You work the counter at a food truck
>>
>>14812519
DO IT

WHY THE FUCK NOT

DONT YOU WANT A NICE CAR
>>
>>14812757
I woulndn't mind hearing more about those sales opportunities you're talking about if you don't mind
>>
hey americans, i like your cars but i was wondering why so many spin out and crash on launch.

i was watching youtube videos and at first i thought shitty drivers can't handle torque steer from the v8, but then i saw a comment which said it was shitty vette differentials that can't put the power down as well as a M3 or GTR ect ect

so is it dumb drivers, or do the diffs really suck?
>>
>>14812981
I believe the same thing is most likely true that older guys like vettes and depending on the guy if most of them are chill and cool will most likely want to take it for a spin if they havnt driven a new one yet just for shits and giggles maybe show or talk about how far the tech has come in them etc etc just as a conversation mover to relax the mood so its not always business you can connect on a different level as well.
Going into price 150$ for a new vette seems like a dream come true amazing car situation for you to be in although it wont really be yours but still.
>>
>>14819456
Unlike yurocucks we have this thing called torque
>>
>>14819522
So does the AMG c63, you don't see that spinning out.
>>
>>14812547
People feel like Vettes are cars for baby boomers, so when they see a younger guy driving one it's kind of a breath of fresh air.
>>
what do you sell OP
>>
>>14812519
>douchebag
only if you act like a douchebag
>bitches
yes
>males
absolutely
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.