[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy roadtrip cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

What are some cars that are spaceous, comfy and reliable enough to use on long roadtrips? Bonus if it can cope with rough terrain.

No sedans.

Looking towards getting an SUV/SAV, like a used X5, Newer Tahoe or hell, remove any chance of driving off road and get pic related since i've heard nothing but good thing about these.
>>
with a lift
>>
subaru outback
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 400x264px
1st gen sequoias are some of my favorite SUVs

Get the 4x4 package and you're good to go
>>
>>14808187
2006 suburban
>>
File: r.jpg (175KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
175KB, 1200x900px
>>14808203
I was considering these actually.

Also gets bonus swag for being a wagon.
>>
>>14808210
>1999 suburban
>42 gallon gas tank
>750 mile range

You could almost drive the length of California on one tank of gas
>>
>>14808221

go for it. Big 4x4s have big gas tanks and big appetites. No point in using them for roadtrips if you're not going hunting or overlanding. The outback has decent ground clearance, awd and drives like a car. It's probably going to be the car I'll use to cross kazakhstan, russia, finland and back.
>>
File: sprinter benz.jpg (185KB, 1280x769px) Image search: [Google]
sprinter benz.jpg
185KB, 1280x769px
An MB Sprinter. Grab a welder and weld some metal bunk beds into the cargo hold, put some 5 gallon canisters of water in there and hook up a fridge and you got an instant ghetto RV that will roll forever, run cheap and be easy on the maintenance. Can also be converted back into a proper cargo hauler with an angle grinder later on. Also exists in 4x4 variants.
>>
>Bonus if it can cope with rough terrain
>X5
>>
>>14808278

also wanted to mention that the car being used is gonna be my dad's 2004 outback. Reliable as hell, not a single problem since day one, telepathic steering. Only thing was the engine required straightening the valves last year. Wasn't even noticeable.
If you REALLY need a 4x4 suv look into the pajero. Me and my gf's dad drove them stock high up into the altai region for hunting and fishing trips and just offroad fun. Extremely reliable and very capable offroaders. Can't go wrong with a 12x dakar rally champ.
>>
>>14808317

I don't really need 4x4, i just need it to cope fine with really garbage roads and so on without eating shit.

>>14808316
I know E70's aren't really capable offroad, I don't think they even have hill descent control like the previous generation, but what i meant by that is casual offroading, no rock climbing or driving through rivers.
>>
>>14808348

Go with the outback.
>>
>>14808304
Why bother welding things in? Just pack a couple of folding camp beds, and just strap them down when you set off anywhere.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.