[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ADVICE: Buying a 350Z

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Z.jpg (70KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
70KB, 800x600px
Just got back from test driving an '06 350Z. Pretty fun, but worried it'll get tiring as a daily driver. The biggest thing that immediately got my attention was how sensitive the throttle is. It seemed like I barely tapped the damn thing, and it revved to like 4K RPM. I sort of got used to it by the end of the test drive, but still felt a bit intimidated. Also with the seating position, it seemed somewhat difficult to gauge where the car was in relation to my surroundings. Not the best visibility.

Are these things I just need to get used to coming from a Honda? I'm really kinda bummed out how sloppy I was driving it.
>>
File: yNlQWRM.jpg (10KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM.jpg
10KB, 480x270px
>>14806038
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 480x600px
>>14806038
>jap crap
>>
File: IMG_4537.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4537.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14806038
basically the same thing...
cons: gas mileage is meh (maybe just me)
trans is notchy
clutch is tricky
engines tend to burn a bit of oil (not all)
idk about the throttle, maybe your just not used to it
visibility is going to bad because racecar (you will get used to it)
>>
>>14806304
I think all VQ35's had oil burning and cooling issues
>>
>test drive manual car at dealership
>hadn't driven manual in years
>stalled 3 times

it was like 6 months ago but i wanted to die
>>
>>14806315
>cooling issues

Not really, just the radiator died around like 90k
>>
>>14806315
The oil buring was only an issue on the VQ35HR's (06-08 350z's) the DE's don't have that issue. As far as cooling goes, I've never noticed any in my 04 350z
>>
File: what_the_fk_socks_dog.jpg (28KB, 600x483px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fk_socks_dog.jpg
28KB, 600x483px
>>14806038
You'll adjust to the throttle response.

What wears on me nowadays with my Z is the stiff ride and wind noise at speed. I'm getting old.
>>
>>14806319
Yeah it sucked. The sales guy was like "You know it's a manual, right?" Me: "Yep. I've drove manual Civics for years."
>test drive
>repeatedly over-rev in 1st/2nd and make a complete fool of myself
>>
>>14806342
HR is 07 and up. Better get used to it op, I love my 350z. However try and soon for an 07 and up, I believe it fixed some of the issues the tranny had in older versions
>>
>>14806331

Sounds like a cooling issue to me.
>>
Just get a G35, OP.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.