[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions: Speakers & Cold Air Intake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 2014-Mazda3.jpg (1MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
2014-Mazda3.jpg
1MB, 2048x1360px
Hi /o/

So after some hunting I found a good deal on one of these cars, pic related. I like it, its a good car, some of the interior and exterior quality could be better, but eh.

I went ahead and got a speaker system. The stock speakers weren't bad but it sounds better with the 4 alpines. I also had an amp and two 10" subs installed.

Thing is, its a monoblock amp so its only powering the subs. The speakers push 80 watts RMS and are hooked up to the stock unit. I have no idea what the stock unit pushes but it has to be low. Unfortunately upgrading would mess up the steering controls for bluetooth, volume and track control.

What I'm wondering is would it be worth upgrading to a 5-channel amp and run through that? Or add a 4 channel to the monoblock?

My other question is, would a cold air intake be worth the performance gain for $260?

I know the intake value is subjective and people say different things about the speakers but I value /o/'s opinion most of the time ;)
>>
File: 20160326_092305.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160326_092305.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Allahu ackbar
>>
>>14803570
CAIs do nothing for power.

google could tell you everything you need to know.
>>
File: 1354688896068.jpg (35KB, 480x274px) Image search: [Google]
1354688896068.jpg
35KB, 480x274px
>>14803667

Thought so.

So no speakerbros in here I guess
>>
Can't help you with the speakers, but I love my mazda 3. Bump
>>
>>14803570
>$260 for a 5-10hp gain

sure?

or you could spend ten times as much and get twenty times as much power as a sole aftermarket intake would add.
it's not really worth it unless you want to go all-out rice mode and start wasting hundreds of bucks a pop on insignificant upgrades.

get a fucking remap or something and leave the car as it is
>>
>>14803570
if it's a 2.5 people are tuning these and getting 40hp more out of them.
lol at what kind of retard asks people on 4chan
>>
or OP could not be an idiot and instead get a used Mazdaspeed 3 instead, and get a Cobb tune on it.

It's one of the best cars to tune and you always get huge gains. 260 to 300hp effortlessly. not to mention they handle well too.
>>
>>14803570

Be sure to use a K&N on that cold air intake. Engines love that sweet, sweet dusty air.
>>
>>14804051
they handle like shit m8
>>
I have an intake on my Golf 2.5

No real power gains but the induction noise on acceleration is pretty cool, it's like a very poor/stupid man's exhaust

Also now I have new engine mounts and it makes a god awful rattling racket. I really want to kill myself
>>
>>14803945
So you're saying he can spend $2600 and get a 200 HP increase on his 155 HP car?

WEW LAD
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.