[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would there be any demand for a barebones basic pick up? Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: M715FrtRt.gif (142KB, 541x360px) Image search: [Google]
M715FrtRt.gif
142KB, 541x360px
Would there be any demand for a barebones basic pick up? Just something you can sell as a cheap utility vehicle for people who don't need a nice truck to daily drive, just a work truck to beat up on the job.

Pure utilitarianism as far as design goes, vinyl seats, maybe like bedliner on the floor no carpet or anything to be easy to clean and resilient, diesel engine, 8 foot bed, ability to accept a fifth wheel and pull trailers.

Have a high load capacity too, maybe 5/4 tons like the military trucks, but not sure if anyone would really use that much power.
>>
>>14800318
Mahindra was working on releasing what you just described, more or less, a number of years ago though their tractor dealers. I think they backed off between gov't regulations and a perceived lack of sales. A bare-bones truck would dip into the used market, and I know a lot of people that would rather spend $15k on a second-hand Cummins Dodge than anything new.
>>
>>14800318
they are called work trucks and you can get em new from gm/ford/possibly ram idk

they have a radio, heat, steel rims, wind up windows. they come in one color: white. get a 2wd single cab and its like 20-25k. this is what companies buy and they sell a ton of them. they are just low key. regular people just dont buy them in any significant numbers

theres your answer. they exist. now stfu and go buy a 2wd manual colorado for 21k
>>
They are called fleet trucks and every brand already has them
>>
>>14800318
you can get work trucks in any config, F350 with tow package and fifth wheel if you want that shit, its just not cheap-cheap
>>
I work for ford. F250 with the bare bones options are the most we sell. In white. And these arent all fleet vehicles.
Regular cab
Gas 6.2
2wd
Base as fuck.
>>
>>14800337
>>14800366
Why only 2wd?

Do Colorados even come with 8ft beds?
>>
My truck has a rubber lining in the cab. It was a special order that knocked I think $350 off the base price
>>
>>14800376
Why only 2wd? Because 4wd eats in towing capacity, and most job sites aren't mud pits like in the commercials. And 4wd adds cost/profit margin.
>>
>>14800376
because 2wd is the cheapest. But you can get 4x4 for an extra 2-3k

not sure about ext box. silverado 1500 has it for sure so maybe check that out. Of course in W/T trim
>>
>>14800391
also this
>>
>>14800391
Where I'm from 4wd is a requirement for farm trucks, got some pretty extreme not-quite-mountains of hills, and as far as construction job sites, people like building on the top of said hills, some of my friends have driveways you can barely scale without a 4wd.
>>
Dont matter 4wd or not. It's an option you nerds. There are 29k trucks. There are 84k. Be cheap or dont be. I align the trucks. There are only 3 types to me. 2wd. 4wd. 4wd fat 450 and 550.
>>
>>14800376
2wd is cheaper, no i don't think the colorado comes with a long box
>>
>>14800778
>don't think the colorado comes with a long box
What's the fucking point of pickup if it doesn't have an 8 foot bed? Might as well own a giant sedan then.
>>
>>14800318
all the jap brands have them in aus. :/ not the 5th wheel part, but most people don't need a fifth wheel.
>>
>>14802234
The fifth wheel part just means it has mounting hardware to accept one, not that it comes with one.

Is that not what they do in Aus?
>>
>>14800318
In southern California, you'll see tons of older, small, barebones pickups (e.g. old Ford Rangers) driven by Hispanics running around to their landscaping or construction job sites.
- If it's a small pickup, it's used for actual work.
- If it's heavy duty or 4WD, it's used for mall crawling.
>>
>>14802244
In the South people use their bigass trucks to pull their horses around all the time, and depending on your region, Arkansas, southern Missouri and Apalachia are super hilly and need 4wd.
>>
>Have a 06 RCLB 4x4 5.3L Chevy 1500
>Has radio, heat, a/c, tilt (no even cruise, which does suck desu)
>rubber floors, wind up windows, manual locks
>has dents, dings, scratches, and bits of rust everywhere
>195k miles but runs and drives like a top

I gotta tell ya boys, it's awesome owning a real dgaf work truck. I fucking love this truck.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.