[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When buying a used car, how many previous owners is too many?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (44KB, 366x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 366x331px
When buying a used car, how many previous owners is too many?
>>
If more than 2, I lose interest
>>
i hate you and i hate these threads that pop up in little groups made by outsiders
>>
File: 1459775251483.gif (2MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1459775251483.gif
2MB, 400x226px
2 for every decade is my top number.

I want to be the second or third, not the 5th or 10th.
>>
Mine had two over 15 years. Fewer is better, and ideally you want to buy from the original owner, or at least one that has owned the car for many many years, so that they can actually answer questions on long term maintenance.
>>
>>14799381
this, sadly.
>>
Just examine the engine, frame and transmission, you fuck. 6 good owners are better than 2 shitty owners.
>>
Dude, who gives a fuck.

The engine has compression or it doesn't. Anything else can be cleaned.

The frame/body is beyond bondo or welding or it isn't.

Previous care means less than people think.
>>
>>14799366
>tfw 6th owner of my car
how do I feel? indifferent
>>
I'm the 4th owner of my car that was made in 2000. Only 64k miles tho
>>
>literally being a car cuck
>>
File: 1395183504301.gif (671KB, 479x760px) Image search: [Google]
1395183504301.gif
671KB, 479x760px
>>14799906

lol never change mr. 4 chan
>>
doesn't really matter as long as it runs well, seems to be in tact, in good shape, and has no negligence. Heck, you could have 15 previous owners as long as you, for certain, 100%, knew that they all took care of the car properly.

mine had 3. I met the 3rd owner, and he bought it cheaply and sold it 10k miles later. Car was in great condition. however, I drive a grandpa car, so I deduced the following about the previous owners

>first owner must've been an older man (I drive a Buick Park Avenue, and these are famous for having senior owners age 60+ own them and use them just for groceries and the eventual short drives)
>2nd might've been a re-seller or dealer or someone else, IDK, because the 3rd owner (guy I bought the car from) told me he bought it from someone who bought it at an Auction and used it for a few months according to the VIN Report I have
>3rd owner used it for just 10k miles, and it was his DD until he bought himself a brand new car which he showed me

Basically OP, it depends.
>>
I bought a car with 9 previous owners and DD'd it for about a year. still use it often. I also bought it for about 1/3 of the price it should have had
>>
File: 1369506658880.gif (269KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1369506658880.gif
269KB, 480x358px
>>14799906
>>
>you're not the first person to take her for a ride, but do you really care when you're driving a Porsche?

or maybe it was BMW

I forget who pulled that marketing stunt
>>
>>14799381
>>14799398
Yeah fuck people coming here to learn about and discuss cars. The fuck do they think this is, a car board?
>>
File: IMG_20151021_120254.jpg (7KB, 189x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151021_120254.jpg
7KB, 189x200px
>>14799366

Ask your mom how many guys she's been with. That ought to be well above the number you're looking for. :^)
>>
One is too many

New car rich race
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.