[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is buying slightly used from a dealer a scam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1458482652540.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
1458482652540.gif
3MB, 300x252px
Hey /o/

The wife is car shopping. And she is considering slightly used from a dealership but I feel it's just not worth it.

First of all the price difference is practically negligible between new and under 10k from what I am seeing.

Second I don't want some fucking test/demo car where people just hammered the gas and brakes and basically rough handled it.

Third, if your already spending that much then just get new already and have peace of mind that you are the ONLY driver and you got full warranty and all that shit.

Would appreciate any feedback from dealership bros here.

For what it's worth she is leaning towards a 2016 Altima but she likes the 3.5 instead of the 2.5. There is like a 5 grand difference between the two which I find hard to swallow. A little better engine with the same or lower mpg ain't worth it to me.

I am trying to push her to the Mazda CX5 touring, she said she didn't like it's looks and feels it's pricey but will test drive one.
>>
>>14798015
Begin your negotiations with "How much trade in would I get for this car if I brought it in?" but in all reality the only thing you should ever consider buying at a dealership is off-lease cars with full warranties or "way-in-the" back lot ugly trades that they're trying to get rid of even though their mechanics have checked them over as not necessarily going to die immediately tier.
>>
>>14798015
>considering a Nissan
Kill her and then yourself.
>>
>>14798089

Why do you suggest sticking to off lease cars?

She currently drives a Altima (early 2kish), hence the love for it and wanting to buy another. The one she has is aging badly now and starting to fall apart so trade in value I would be stunned if she got 2k for it. All said she would have about 8k as a down payment.
>>
>>14798157
Nissan was good when they made her current altima. They're shit now. Massive, shitty cvt, primarily owned by niggers because Nissan will finance just about anyone. If she likes her current car just fix it. It's a perfect econobox and infinitely rebuildable.
>>
>>14798175
Unfortunately I'm not a gear head. No garage or anything. And a mechanic shop will rape us. So that's not an option.

I agree with you on the cvt, not a fan of it at all.
>>
>>14798015
It depends on the dealer.

My parents bought a 2008 Ford, I think in 2009?

It had 6k miles on it so practically new but we bought it from the local dealer, if I remember correctly it belonged to the salesman's wife or something.

Literally a brand new car in perfect condition & the highest trim available. Bar the few miles it was essentially fresh yet we got it for only like £18k when the listed price for a brand new one was 23-25k or something.
>>
It's technically a used car, so the best you could hope for is prime used car financing. That's usually 5% above new car financing for some reason. So put that in the pipe and smoke it. I'd never ever offer more than 90% of new price for a low mileage current year used car because:

You never know what really happened between 0 and XXX miles. It could have been wrecked and fixed without insurance, meaning no CarFax.

Sales reps and Executives typically don't give a fuck about their company cars. They're treated worse than rental cars.

You're only getting the remainder of the warranty.
>>
also

>getting cucked by your wife to spend 5k more on a fucking NISSAN ALTIMA just because she wants a larger disp engine for her shitty daily econobox shopping cart

>ever considering a nissan altima
>ever considering a 2016 nissan altima

When are you planning on cutting your balls off?
>>
>>14798195
Mechanics in general don't rape you. Shop around for estimates if it worries you.
>>
>>14798015
>Spending tons of money on a newish car.

Why?

Why not just buy a good used car for 10% of the price?
>>
>>14798373
Not how your talking to but before I got heavily into working on car we took my car to get the rear breaks changed (disk)....the car was 3-4 years old with less than 50k mi they quoted over 3,000 to fix it saying that was a good deal
>>
sometimes dealers get certified pre owned vehicles which believe it or not should really be looked at as if its a totally brand new car because literally everything pretty much has to be for it to qualify

at least thats how it is for all subaru dealerships
>>
>>14798765
Usd? What car? There are always bad apples.
>>
>fwd nissan
>>
>>14798099
Here's your (you) anon
>>
>>14798015
Why not a Mazda 6? It's in the same class as the Altima but better in pretty much every way and significantly cheaper than the 3.5 Altima.
>>
>>14800678
Good suggestion. I'll put that into the lineup to test drive.

She's only leaning towards the Altima because of her emotional attachment to the one she currently owns. Despite the shit posters on here it's a good car, only broke down 3 times and its a 2004/05. Twice a sensor blew, cheap fix, and once the brake line froze and blew up in Canada. Fucking Canada winters.
>>
>>14802551

>a barely ten year old car already broke down three times

My 01 camry driven be my family and god knows who else before 2007 has never broken down even after being abused and wrecked many times. I'd be fucking embarrassed to be spending new (or close to) car money for such a shitwagon.
>>
>>14802551
No, we're saying the new ones are shit. The old ones weren't special, but they were fine. The new ones will be more problematic as it ages.
>>
Come to CarMax.

Disclaimer: I sell cars at CarMax.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.