[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't Toyota brought back the Celica yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

Why hasn't Toyota brought back the Celica yet?
>>
>>14797393
because they decided to call it "GT-86" instead
>>
>>14797393

Because they think the TC is good enough
>>
The current year.
>>
The story I always heard in the 2000s was that the Celica and Supra became uninsurable by their target buyer, and they thought the 'kids' weren't interested in performance anymore.

I find it credible: I was in my early 30s and I priced insurance. A Porsche Boxster was cheaper to insure than a Celica.
>>
>>14797411
This.

Insurance companies are the ones jewing everyone, especially in their teens or 20s, out of buying cars.

t. UK resident
>>
>>14797443
Insurance is only bad during your first year.
>>
File: toyota_ex-i_concept_2.jpg (356KB, 800x478px) Image search: [Google]
toyota_ex-i_concept_2.jpg
356KB, 800x478px
How cool is this but
>>
>>14797411
Pretty much. In high school I knew a guy who had a 4th gen L36 Camaro and another guy with a 6th gen Celica. The Camaro guy paid $210 a month while the Celica guy paid $440. I guess grades and gpa play a factor but it's still bullshit
>>
>>
>>14797496
>The Camaro guy paid $210 a month while the Celica guy paid $440

Holy hell, and I thought $120 for my civic was bad
>>
File: 1436730042255.png (301KB, 486x422px) Image search: [Google]
1436730042255.png
301KB, 486x422px
>>14797459
Now I see where camero got its design from
>>
>>
>>
File: toyota_celica_gt_uk-spec_1.jpg (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
toyota_celica_gt_uk-spec_1.jpg
1MB, 1280x960px
>>
they did but they named it the 86 or FRS for some reason.
>>
>>14797393
Because the last generation was an ugly, underpowered, oil burning, FWD shitbox. The name is dead.
>>
Celica
Supra
MR2

all these cars that Toyota could make bank on yet they don't. at least they have the 86 :/

same with Nissan, just bring back the Pulsar and Silvia lads
>>
File: am8ErL2_700b.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
am8ErL2_700b.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
I sometimes dream of a world where DRL never became a thing and Pop-up headlights rule the world...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.