[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting down my dad's truck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Hi /o/, I come to you with a few questions.

So, long story short - I'm hunting down my dad's 1968 GMC 4x4 SWB. He bought it when he was 15, and had to sell it in 2012 to buy a house. He died last year of cancer, and I'm trying to find this silly thing to hopefully buy it back.

What avenues are open to me searching for it? I have the VIN, and I contacted who we sold it to, and they said the person who bought it is in Texas (that's all they can tell me, other than it sold in 2014). We sold it to Classic Car Liquidators in Sherman, Texas. They said they passed my info to the buyer of the truck, but who knows if they're telling the truth or not.

The VIN is KE10DPB37803. Would a private investigator be able to access more information than I can? My "police friend" said she can't search it without filling out paperwork, which implies there needs to be more of a valid reason other than "hurr hurr it's my dad's old truck"
>>
Some more pictures -
>>
What helped me identify it for sure was the wacky ass sunroof.
>>
This picture was kind of a blast from the past - I put that engine in there in 2010. 350 smallblock, freshly rebuilt, if I remember right.
>>
Im useless, but good luck anon. Our hearts are with you
>>
>>14796953
I dunno if I'll ever find it, but I'm hoping I can. Texas is a big ass place to search.
>>
>>14796884
Bumping, I hope someone is able to help you find it OP.
>>
put up some craigslist ads all over texas. There's not THAT many of those things still around.
>>
>tfw OPs dad sold his truck, bought a house, lived and died in it all since mine's been dead
It never stops feeling like yesterday, OP
>>
Bump for OP. Godspeed
>>
>>14797264
I'll be doing that tomorrow - hopefully it gets to who owns it somehow.
>>
>>14796884
Best of luck anon. I hope you are in the drivers seat soon!
>>
>>14796884
I hope you get the thing back, I'm doing what I can think to do right now.
I AM LETTING LOOSE THE TENTACLES OF THE DOT TO MY FULL CAPABILITY

(No promises, our computers are cancer and there "isn't money in the budget" to update anything in this shit hole)
>>
>>14797268
Yeah... It still seems like yesterday. But at times it feels like he's there with me, so it's not all bad. Ups and downs.

>>14797899
Thank you! Hopefully you can find something.
>>
I found the name and address of the current owner! Now to find a way to find his phone number.
>>
>>14798425
>at times it feels like he's there with me
My dad was a real talker but during the last few months of his life he was on a ventilator and chose to basically not talk at all even when he would have been able to. After he died, even when I would dream about him he wouldn't talk but then after some years I started having dreams where he was his normal self and I can't tell you how good that felt. These days I can concentrate and imagine the two of us in various situations where we spoke freely and I can pretty much hear what he would say to me about things so yeah it IS better than it was.
>>
Good luck anon.
>>
>>14800266
What sucks is remembering how he was, and then how bad he got as the cancer got him. Also doesn't help that I was there for his last few days, he was hallucinating bad - and I kinda sorta held his hand as he went. Bad times have passed, hopefully.

So I have located the owner and got his address - I think I found his wife on facebook? Has a picture of their house. I'm sending her a message asking her about the truck. If that doesn't pan out, I'll be sending a letter to their address.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.