[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hyundai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 2012-hyundai-elantra-6.jpg (1MB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
2012-hyundai-elantra-6.jpg
1MB, 1500x938px
I've been looking to purchase a used Elantra, anybody have any tips or recommendations on them?
>>
File: yNlQWRM.jpg (10KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM.jpg
10KB, 480x270px
>>14794091
>>
>>14794091
The clutch is sensitive is fuck
With that being said you better not be getting automatic
>>
>>14794104
I haven't seen many reasons not to and all the Hondas and Toyotas are pretty inflated on price around here (So Cal).
Enlighten me
>>
They're pretty good econoboxes but they depreciate more than the competition so you can get a slightly used one for cheap compared to a same model year civic or mazda3
>>
File: heehee.gif (935KB, 200x154px) Image search: [Google]
heehee.gif
935KB, 200x154px
>>14794091
Id rather die than drive a hyundai
>>
>>14794115
An elantra is just a mediocre econobox. What do you drive now? How much can you spend? Cash or financing?
>>
yes. buy a civic instead
>>
boring AND unreliable? Wow what a lucky boy you will be.
>>
File: fuckyouhyundai.jpg (54KB, 595x462px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyouhyundai.jpg
54KB, 595x462px
>>14794091
had to change the rear brake discs for my friend 2013 elantra two week ago.
>these fuckers does not want you to do it yourself

that fucking useless screw get rusty as shit and get impossible to remove
>>
File: 648476874687.jpg (48KB, 657x314px) Image search: [Google]
648476874687.jpg
48KB, 657x314px
thx for the reaction image folder contribution
>>
>>14795698
So why did you reinstall it. It's basically there to keep the rotor on while on the assembly line. And did you actually use a piston pusher? How fucking useless are you.
>>
the new sonatas look nice

i have found 1 and 2 year old models for cheap as FUCK at carmax and hyundai CPO

hardcore depreciation, like a full 25% in the first year. AVOID new, but used seems like a great deal

i would go kia/hyundai at the moment. i mean, econobox is econobox, right? may as well get the cheapest one. honda and toyota demand a higher resale value, but for what? is it really going to be THAT much more expensive to maintain this 4 cylinder commuter over that one?

i have also heard people liken the driving dynamics of civics and corollas and such to slowly suffocating on farts. i don't know about elantra specifically, but it seems worth it to seriously consider mazda or kia/hyundai over the big two.

honestly, the compact and midsize market is super competitive and full of great vehicles right now. they all want some of that camry money. pick whatever you want and it won't be a bad choice.
>>
>>14795698
Loads of cars have that screw. It looks like a simple caliper, not like those vag ones that need to be electrically rewinded by the ecu.
>>
>>14796488
That is literally the simplest design of rear brakes there is to change pads and rotors. Push back the pistons with a pry bar, impact driver the screw out, remove the 2 bracket bolts and reinstall. Hell, even a pad swap is only one bolt. Sounds like it was rocket science to this kid.
>>
>>14794091
>anybody have any tips or recommendations on them?
don't and buy a Civic/Accord/Corolla/Camry
>>
>>14796477
This.
Also, in this class, Toyota and Honda reliability is largely a meme. Everything else is just as good, but you don't have to pay the phillipino tax for muh quality.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.