[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst /o/ mistakes youve made? Give me your worst JUST moments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (23KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 456x320px
Worst /o/ mistakes youve made? Give me your worst JUST moments

>today
>have to use girlfriends car in the morning, too cold and too tired to swap spots (mine in front)
>when i get back im getting my phone out of the cupholder little tray
>grip slips, phone falls
>reach hand down between seat and center console
>feel a piece of plastic
>pull out my license
>last time i drove her car was almost a week ago
>been driving a week without a license
>mfw
I feel like such a fucking retard, i want to kill myself
>>
In selling my autotragic for my first manual, I made several mistakes. Passing over the Saab and RX-8 weren't examples, but the rest...

>ZX2 S/R for dirt cheap. I didn't want to have to justify downgrading to a "worse" car, even though it had everything I needed and was a lot of fun.
>350Z at a good price for the mileage, but got cucked by my mother, who had to drive me because lolnocar. She didn't want me in something unsafe and RWD in winter weather
>Sentra SE-R Spec V which I decided to avoid because it had a salvage title, though it was fixed to good-as-new and was in perfect shape. 210hp on an otherwise practical econobox commuter sounds great.
>Camaro Z28 catfish I never got to take a look at, because I couldn't convince anyone to drive me that far out of town.

I don't dislike the Lancer I ended up with, but I could be having way more fun if I went with any of the other options.
>>
>>14785952
>I feel like such a fucking retard, i want to kill myself
OP, you do not hold the ability deal with the crash inevitable you will instigate.
>>
i put too much oil in my bike when i was rushing in the dark

it weeps out the crankcase now, gotta put in new gaskets

feels bad
>>
>>14786120
when I overfill my car it cries tears of petroleum, I too have lived this life.
>>
>>14785952
>not keeping your DL in your wallet
you'd never go a week without your wallet.
>>
>>14786130
:/
>>
>changing distributor cap
>cap is pretty far down so I need a long extension to make it easier
>don't have a long enough 1/4" extension, so use a 3/8" instead
>when tightening the bolts on the new cap, overdo it and snap a bolt
>have to take it off and struggle with it for about an hour trying to get the bolt out
>finally take a drill bit and shave off a bunch of plastic on the distributor around the hole for the bolt so enough of it is exposed so I can grab the tip with vice grips
>reinstall using bolts from the old cap being careful not to over tighten it
>>
>>14786405
when I over-tighten attachments on my car it looses pieces of its body, I too have suffered this fate.
>>
File: 2014-08-19 18.47.12.jpg (476KB, 1600x1052px) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-19 18.47.12.jpg
476KB, 1600x1052px
I rear-ended a Chinese woman, because I didn't expect her to make a turn and was driving on brain autopilot. I can now never say that other drivers are shit, because I am the shit itself. I've cucked myself for eternity.
>>
>>14786626
This is the worst part of rear ending someone.

It doesn't matter how innocent the circumstances are. If you're at fault in a collision, you're a shit driver for the rest of your life.
>>
File: 2014-08-19 18.48.38.jpg (228KB, 1600x1212px) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-19 18.48.38.jpg
228KB, 1600x1212px
>>14786643
My post-crash creaking door is a constant reminder that edges me closer to suicide every day.
>>
>>14786405
>changing transmission filter
>doing up the bolts
>loud crack
>head cracked clean off leaving the bolt inside the transmission
>>
>>14786602
Weight reduction
>>
> Driving
> Temp goes to red.
> PANIC
> needle goes LOLJK and drops back to normal
> WAT
> Driving
> Happens again.
> Determine it's a sticky thermostat.
> Order replacement
> Driving (big mistake)
> Sticks shut. Radiator fan refuses to run. Car overheats when not moving.
> Attempt to limp home in 5pm rush hour SF bay area traffic. (BIG mistake)
> thermostat FINALLY comes in the mail
> All coolant gone. Smell gas in radiator cap, snot in oil. Blown headgasket.
> Scrap car for 1k because CA pays people to take cars off the road. Manage to drive it to pick and pull with engine literally warping and burning.
>>
>narrow streets by house, accidentally nick my passenger window and door on a parked car, now i cant open the door without the bashed metal grinding
>poverty insurance so nothing can be done
>>
>>14785952
By far my worst moment was almost three weeks ago while traveling from Oregon to Southern California.

>driving my M3 on CA-1's Southern stretch before Cambria and San Luis Obispo
>it's nighttime and foggy, driving a decently conservative speed
>following some crossover ahead of me
>it drives over a smallish rock that had fallen onto the road (common thing on this coastal road to have rock slides)
>can't stop in time
>can't safely avoid it
>end up rolling over it and hope for the best
>sickening smashing sounds under car
>start looking for a spot to safely pull over as the road is very narrow
>rock had to have broken something
>DCT drops out of 5th into 4th on its own, then jumps to 6th; back down to 4th and then 3rd
>clutch disengages regardless of throttle input, car refuses to continue forward
>transmission heat warning message on dash
>fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
>at least engine is fine and still running
>end up rolling to a stop with no place to pull over
>rip e-brake, hit blinkers and open door
>humongous puddle of trans oil and smoke pouring from under car
>a trail of diff oil a few hundred yards long behind me
>exhaust doesn't sound right from punctured cat
>stranded on deserted coastal road without cell service
>stupid BMW SOS thing on satellite network can't get a signal
>manage to flag down a couple in an F-150 after two cars decide to not bother stopping
>they go back to a callbox and get CHP to dispatch a car and a flatbed
>sit on the guardrail for a couple hours and feel like shit while waiting for tow
>get towed to nearest large town, drop off car at dealership
>finally get to a hotel at like 2-3 AM
>should have been in LA at midnight to check in to my room there
>next day begins nightmare of trying to get insurance to repair all the damage the dealer discovers

Repairs just started last Thursday, and insurance is gonna be footing a $29k bill. This by far tops every fucking stupid thing I've ever accidentally or intentionally done in any car.
>>
>>14786869

your worst mistake was willingly traveling into Commiefornia

your 2nd worst mistake was buying an M3
>>
>>14786869
ESS e92 M3fag here.

That sounds like a fucking nightmare. 29k would probably total out my car at this point. I'd buy it back and part it. Always wondered if that SOS button did anything. What was the damage? New tranny is like 12-15k installed, guessing it got some other systems too.
>>
File: sweating man.gif (720KB, 512x377px) Image search: [Google]
sweating man.gif
720KB, 512x377px
>>14786643
>rear ended someone on the highway
>two assholes having a marital spat cut off the car in front of me as they cut across three lanes of freeway traffic
>car in front of me is a modern Ford Taurus
>I'm in an ancient LTD Crown Victoria
>distance I thought was enough was proven to be not so very quickly

Literally three hours after I bought that car I wrecked it. That wreck taught me two things: one, that whatever stopping distance I think is enough needs still more safety factor. And two: ALWAYS wear my seatbelt.

I was *damn* lucky that I had multiple witnesses who corroborated the asshole who cut across the highway, including one who was a lawyer who actually came back to give his statement to the police. Didn't get a ticket for following too closely.
>>
>>14785952
>being this autistically concerned about following every bullshit rule some old fags dreamed up

bitch ass nigga :^)
>>
>>14786869
Listen kids. This is why you DO NOT buy a car made after 2000.
>>
>>14786712
...why didn't you just take the thermostat out completely until the new one came? Unless your engine was designed by an idiot who made it a huge job to do that
>>
>>14786971
>why didn't you do the thing somebody would do if they actually understood how cars work
idk... this is /o/
>>
>>14786971
It was designed by an idiot who felt that the default setting was no-flow. Barring some seriously indepth MacGyver shit bypassing it would have locked up the cooling circuit anyway.
>>
>>14786869
The fuck is an alpineweib
>>
>>14787018
In any car I've worked on, which admittedly isn't a huge amount, the thermostat was just a circular thing that basically was put into a pipe and opened when hot. To bypass it all you would have to do is just take it out.
>>
>>14786894
It has been a nightmare. I hate being this far away from my car especially with such complicated repairs happening. Had a lot of back and forth on the phone to make sure insurance and the dealer wasn't trying to half-ass any repairs. My E92 is a 2013 so luckily my car is still worth about $51k, otherwise I was definitely looking at a total loss. DCT, midsection exhaust, and diff were the major bits getting replaced. Various other bits too, but that was the main damage. Just lucky I didn't lose my engine.
>>
>>14787021
ß is short for "ss" in German.

Alpinweiss, pronounced "ahlpin-veiss"; alpine white
>>
buy an E36 M3 back in 2005 when an E30 M3 could of been had for the same money...
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 500x282px
>>14787109
>>
>>14785952
How autistic are you
>>
>>14785952
>Worst /o/ mistakes youve made? Give me your worst JUST moments

bought a 1.8L mercedes with 'mb tex' seats (basically vinyl)
>>
>>14786668
take a hammer and a flat screwdriver, set screwdriver to a bolt, hit it with hammer until you have a proper socket in the bolt, then screw it out.
>>
>>14787056
And that all because of a small rock?
>>
>>14787249
It was small enough to get under my car, big enough to rip everything apart as the car drove over it.

Not a whole lot of clearance down there as it turns out.
>>
>>14786925
Fuck you nigga ill bury you and your boyracer in the fukkin ground homie
>>
>>14787152
I have my moments
>>
>>14786906
Bro-tier lawyer
>>
>>14786643
> driving my brother's 98 corolla on the freeway
> in the far left lane going 70-75
> car in front of me slams on brakes
> brother's shitty car can't slow down as fast as the car in front and no abs so i brake too hard, lock the tires
> try to pump the brakes but fuck up and have the wheel turned when grip returns
> car starts fishtailing, can't let off the brakes to straighten out because car in front of me
> spin out, hit the front end of the car against the center divider at and end up facing backwards

:/
it was my fault driving too fast when the car couldn't handle it but my brother has left bald tires on that car for months now and doesn't care about how shitty it is
>>
>>14786869
> DCT
lol
>>
i hit an elevated road plate going too fast

car went airborn rolled a few times

now my back always hurts
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.