[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: cars that you have accepted you will never own I wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

File: 03-SLS-int.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
03-SLS-int.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
ITT: cars that you have accepted you will never own

I wanted a Seville STS for so long, but each year goes by, and they get rarer to find as they get niggerfied, blown up past 100k miles, or trashed by teens. I just want a grandpa-treated 2002 sts for under 5k ;_;
>>
>>14785773
where the fuck you live where you can't find an sts
people do NOT want anything to do with these pieces of shit i'm surprised you haven't found any 2 month old craigslist posts
>>
File: seville.jpg (123KB, 854x761px) Image search: [Google]
seville.jpg
123KB, 854x761px
>>14785791
where do you live that there ARE sts's around?

chicago has none
>>
File: BuoQPnk.jpg (406KB, 1920x963px) Image search: [Google]
BuoQPnk.jpg
406KB, 1920x963px
>>14785827
oh right, niggertopia over there. Still, Charlotte has a ton of pretentious niggas, and usually there's more of these, my dad even has one
>>
No you don't. I had one, there's no hype to be had
>>
File: 140723_0001.jpg (177KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
140723_0001.jpg
177KB, 1280x1024px
I've accepted I will never own this.
Because I'd have a Phaeton instead.
Because I wouldn't actually have either.
Because fucking hell why does this thing exist.
>>
>>14785859
>>14785852
is the car really that bad? my dad owned a 2004 DTS and it was great.

Seville sts has the f53 air comfort suspension, heated rear seats, digital and analog dash, wood lined leather interior, northstar v8, landbarge feel with fast potential. Is it a money pit or something?
>>
>>14785873

dave?
>>
>>14785894
Nope. I'm from Illinois.
>>
File: HANDSUP.jpg (105KB, 1004x425px) Image search: [Google]
HANDSUP.jpg
105KB, 1004x425px
>hand up to yall who take care of yo cars
>>
>>14785883
yes, these things are fucking awful
everything fucking breaks, but I guess that's to be expected out of an early 2000's GM. Not only does everything break, it breaks randomly and without pattern. My dad's shitbox STS has ABS Problems, Oxygen sensor fault (it's gone through two changes now), the interior is ass (cracked dash plastic, Climate control screen only works when it feels like it), it sounds like a fucking jet engine when it cranks up because of shitty EGR, and it's just designed so fucking poorly

The battery is under the rear seats, Smart move by GM. It's a front wheel drive V8 so working on it demands you to sacrifice your right hand. The suspension is irreversibly fucked, it has more potential to break than any other of the car's systems, the front droops since the front struts were blown practically from the factory, and all of the bearings are fucked. Furthermore it's slow as fuck because dumbass GM limited it to 6000 RPM and no higher.

It handles like a boat and that's about the only real benefit it has.
>>
File: supra1997WP.jpg (787KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
supra1997WP.jpg
787KB, 1920x1200px
>>
File: gallery-1426696806-mg-1792.jpg (95KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-1426696806-mg-1792.jpg
95KB, 980x653px
>>
File: zr-1 pace car.jpg (2MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
zr-1 pace car.jpg
2MB, 2000x1333px
>>
>>14785883
>Is it a money pit or something?
Yes.
I have a '04 STS Seville

A brake job means having to do the pads and new or machined rotors, otherwise the ABS system fucks itself.

The entire coolant system is shit, expect to replace each part at least once. I'm on the 3rd water pump because of shitty seals.

The car leaks at the door and trunk seals. This was actually a recall item, but the recall "fix" did shit nothing. The car was made without a drain plug in the trunk... so I had to drill 1/2" hole in the body for a drain because water is always accumulating.

The switches in the doors, foe the windows, locks, heaters, etc. Just spontaneously die... no reason, the switch will just stop working and opening the door panel to to a swap is a PITA

Lastly the suspension isn't terribly good... in a Cadillac I do not want to feel every bump in the road like you would in a roadster... also the factory suspension I've noticed seems to be sagging to the drivers side

I don't want to even guess how much all the problems would cost to fix.
>>
My lottery car.

I would daily the hell out of this thing
>>
>>14786024
addendum

The most brilliant part?

The water pump is driven separately by the timing system, not the main serpentine belt.

The placement means there's a small gauge belt on the front right side of the engine

Microns distance from that fast moving belt is the main large diameter radiator return hose

So the large main rad hose can be constantly abraded by the water pump belt... till eventually the belt wears through the rubber hose and you get a lovely cloud of white hot coolant vapor puffing out from under the hood.

Experience has taught me that you have 15 minutes of driving before the entire coolant system runs dry to find a safe place to stop... hopefully a parts store to get a new $20 hose
>>
Honda NSX.

They're getting affordable in the US ($35k-ish), or you can just import one from Japan for about the same price.

But the insurance and maintenance costs are just stupid. I also can't imagine how much any performance part would cost.

I could afford to buy one, but not to own one. But oh man... to be THAT guy who drives around in a beautiful Milano Red NSX would be great. Everytime I see one at a car meet, there's always a crowd. Amazing cars.
>>
>>14785883

My friend has an 92 Eldorado, not the Northstar engine.

Biggest piece of shit. Electrical issues, has to keep a box of fuses. The cooling systems on Cadillacs are so fucking hard to diagnose. I swear he pours about 20 gallons of water into it, and no it's not the head gasket (no compression in radiator, no overheating etc)
They mostly all have suspension issues from the rear air ride. Gas mileage is so bad, like so so so bad.

But the turning radius, oh no the turning radius. I could u turn a long bed truck better than I can u turn one of those.

Old Cadillacs are the worst, avoid like the plague. I'll give it one thing though, it's THE comfiest car I've sat in. I like riding in the back, feels like a god damn Maybach.
>>
tfw i will never get the honor of owning a 70 challenger... so many feels man
>>
File: 1423849848512.jpg (178KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1423849848512.jpg
178KB, 1280x854px
>>14785773
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.