[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I come to you again like the true faggot I am. I am the pleb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2000DodgeDurango.jpg (122KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2000DodgeDurango.jpg
122KB, 640x480px
I come to you again like the true faggot I am.
I am the pleb with the 5.9l durango from last week, and I need your help again.

My car was idling all sorts of fucked up when I came to a stop, it occasionally stalled. It seemed to only occur when it was warming up.
It's normal idle is 600 rpms, but when the issue occurred it would jump up to like 800, and immediately drop to 300, and then occasionally stall.
After hours of research and input from /o/ it sounded like the issue was the IAC valve.
I replaced the IAC valve, the old one was fucked up and gross.
The car ran fine this morniing, and then on my way home when the car got warmed up, the idle spiked and dropped again once at a red light, and then started to chug when I accelerated after the light turned green.

I got home and let it idle for about 25 minutes and it dropped to 450 rpms twice while just sitting.
It seems to occur when the car reaches normal operating temp, or just before.

What the fuck else could be causing this? I'm seeing elsewhere that it could be the EGR valve, but the symptoms that supposedly had is rough idle all the time, which isn't what's happening with me.

Any help would be hugely fucking appreciated.
>>
>>14783964
It could be the egr is only partly clogged. Also clean you maf sensor and your throttle body.
>>
I had a ZJ with that motor and now I have a Ram with that motor.. Big PITA truck runs OK but I had a problem simililar to what you are describing and I tried everything under the sun to fix it but it did that until I sold it.
>>
>>14783978
I honestly don't know the answer to this, so I'm not questioning you, I'm just questioning this fucking car, but could those things you listed really cause it to fuck up at idle one time and then be OK for another 30 minutes?

It also seems to happen much worse when I'm actually driving it. Rarely does it ever show the same symptoms when I'm just stopped idling in park.
>>
>>14783964
have you checked your ignition coils/ the connections for said coils?

i've got an old beater f-150 that idles slow and rough occasionally, and i can fix it by wiggling the coil connections
>>
>>14784012

Yes. The MAF sensor is a wire that determines how much air is coming into your engine. Your cars ECU (computer) will inject a certain amount of fuel based on the amount of air that is coming into the engine. This combination is very precise, if your MAF is reporting inaccurate air flow because it is dirty, this can cause this issue.

Cleaning your MAF sensor is easy as fuck. You buy the special cleaner at your auto parts store (like $5-$7 a can), undo a screw or two, pull out the sensor and spray it then put it back.

Similar thing can happen with a clogged EGR.
>>
>>14784185
Will check this.
>>14784221
Ok, thank you for the information. I'm going to do all of that shit as soon as I can.
>>
>>14784530

There are quite a few simple things to look at first and foremost, mainly because they're simple.

Clean your MAF Sensor.
Clean your Throttle Body

As >>14784185 said.

Check Ignition Coils
Check Spark Plugs.

The above items are all extremely cheap and simple to address. All potential causes for an engine failing to keep idle consistently.
>>
NO WAY!!! are you pulling all the way to 130mph? YOU DONT EVEN need to slow down for those bends its a DURANGO!!!

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/whats-top-speed-dodge-durango-i-know-its-not-130mph-1402533/
>>
>>14784746
5.2l and 5.9l magnums dont have COP's, they use distributers
>>
>>14784891
Haha, thank you for this.
>>
Durango's don't have MAF either.

While you're shooting in the dark.. check for vacuum leaks. Before any of that just hook up a scanner.
>>
>>14785971
>just hook up a scanner.
/thread
>>
Plenum gasket
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.