[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skyactiv-R

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 45

File: skyactiv-r.png (70KB, 339x368px) Image search: [Google]
skyactiv-r.png
70KB, 339x368px
Mazda filed a patent relating to the new Skyactiv-Rotary engine.

Key notes:
Flipped 180 degrees around. The exhaust port is now at the top and intake on the bottom.
The exhaust is also no longer exiting out the side of the side, but bends to make it come out the top to make room for a larger turbo, instead of a small one packed under the intake. (Considering they want room for a large turbo, I'm figuring it'll be a variable geometry one.)
Reduced plumbing by having the intake come in from the same side of the exhaust instead of looping over the top where the turbo now is
Spark plugs are moved. The leading plug is between where the two were before, and the trailing plug is now positioned more similar to the 787B's far trailing plug. I was hoping for 3 plugs or laser injection, oh well. This improves flame propagation at least at high RPM, but I thought it hurts efficiency at low RPM. (I could be wrong)
Outer housing shape has drastically changed, likely due to most of the heat being isolated at the top now.

Seeing this is similar to my own thoughts in the past on how to improve it, except I was figuring one should have the intake coming in from the what's the bottom of the housing so the are at opposite ends to how the exhaust is here, then turning it 90 degrees to mount it down lower and have the turbo over the top.
>>
>>14781432

>so where's the torque mod
>>
>>14781436
>torque

Fuck off with this shitty meme.
>>
>ayyyyy niggas, it's 2016, flip that rotary and give it A MASSIVE TARBO

Good on you Mazda.
>>
>>14781432
>except I was figuring one should have the intake coming in from the what's the bottom of the housing so the are at opposite ends to how the exhaust is here
this wouldn't really work because of the locations of the ports.

I don't understand why they don't make a combined intake-exhasut-turbo manifold that slaps right onto the side of the engine. I can't think of an engine that has the intake and exhaust ports so close together. It seems like you could save a lot of weight and space by rolling all those parts into one. Then give it ITBs and put a filter box over it.

I do like the idea of turning the engine 90 degrees, but it would make changing the spark plugs go from easiest ever to kind of a pain in the ass.
>>
>>14781436
Not sure where this meme started.
>20b
>300hp 300tq
>>
I figured laser ignition would be what it took to make the rotary meet emissions and be competitive again.
>>
kekex seals gonna kek
>>
File: Initial D Girl COME ON NOW.png (437KB, 635x608px) Image search: [Google]
Initial D Girl COME ON NOW.png
437KB, 635x608px
I don't get how turning the engine upside down is going to magically make the engine any better.

The rotary is essentially an air pump, and sure, shortening the time it takes to dump exhaust gases would make the engine capable of breathing better, but that doesn't solve any of the heat-related problems where rotaries are a FUCKTON hotter than piston engines at the exhaust manifold.

In fact, this makes it worse because more hot exhaust gas is pouring out of the engine.

If Mazda truly wanted to improve the engine, they'd just make them all turbo diesels and that would solve all the rotary's problems in one shot.
>>
>>14781562
>I don't get how turning the engine upside down is going to magically make the engine any better.
Good thing mazda hired a real engineer instead of a shitposting tripfag from an american anime imageboard
>>
File: skyactiv-r3.png (187KB, 859x542px) Image search: [Google]
skyactiv-r3.png
187KB, 859x542px
>>14781432
They are also mounting it deeper. About 3-4 inches further back, with one of the rotors halfway past the firewall.
The exhaust goes straight back through the top of transmission tunnel (which is really an engine tunnel as well with how deep this engine is mounted) as well.
The dash front of the center console is going to be coming up really high.

And hold on a moment, I'm still reading through more of the patent.

>this wouldn't really work because of the locations of the ports.
Thats why I said you have the ports enter/exit out what is now the top/bottom, just like thus engine has the exhaust coming out the top.
Then you'd have the intake on one side and exhaust out the other when it's mounted horizontally.

>I don't understand why they don't make a combined intake-exhasut-turbo manifold that slaps right onto the side of the engine.
One of the biggest problems with the FD was that the mounted the turbo directly onto the engine. A spacer is a common aftermarket component for the FD.
And your idea rules out an intercooler...

The way they're packaging it, it looks like they'd put an intercooler a few inches in front of the engine and turbo, and have a long duct for the intake air to reach it instead of putting the intercooler at the nose.
>>
>>14781578
REKT
>>
>>14781584
Is piping the exhaust down the transmission tunnel going to turn the interior into an easy-bake oven?
>>
ITT people who have no idea how the engineering in a rotary works
>>
>"With a new intake design, the SkyActiv-R also is claimed to have a strange “resident supercharging effect,” thanks to a resonance effect, allowing the engine to pull in even more air."

I wonder how the hell this works and if it was intentional.
>>
>>14781642
Was about to post the same

The amount of armchair engineers that show up to these threads is comical
>>
File: skyactiv-r2.png (110KB, 559x564px) Image search: [Google]
skyactiv-r2.png
110KB, 559x564px
Oh, and one thing that's gone is direct injection. A rotary piston engine creates a stratified charge on its own and DI doesn't really give much benefit to them compared to a normal piston engine.

The front figure shows more of the packaging.

Not having the exhaust port with a turbo right there lets them mount it lower and have better front crossmember geometry. (which is somewhat a reason to not mount it horizontally, though you could always put spark plugs on the bottom. Oil and have the oil pan open around them ..)
The pre-cat is much closer to the exhaust to improve its efficiency and lower emissions.
It also appears the transmission may be in the rear or just an unconventionally less bell shaped given the shape of the center tunnel and exhaust.

Some of this is odd considering the cars proportions. Having the engine many inches back further than the FD, and the turbo overtop, makes the long hood odd.
Originally I figured they'd put the turbo in front of the engine to keep weight down low. With this configuring, the front of the engine is going to be like more than a foot behind the axle of the concept.
It could still have those proportions, and be packaged this way in order to keep the wheels at the far front corners while still being 50/50 balanced. (the FD has a lot of overhang, esp at the rear)

Oh, and a variable geometry turbo doesn't look likely.
There is something really complicated about the intake and exhaust, though.
The exhaust port has an air intake that leads to it... to increase pressure in there or something?
At first I thought it was a small exhaust pass-thru so exhaust would go through there when pressure is low and not spin the turbo.
It's looking like there is a some weird stuff with the intake where it has a separate intake that naturally creatures a positive charge to use when there is no boost but then it switches to the turbo that likely goes through an intercooler?

Need a min, trying to make sense of it as not all is pictured.
>>
>>14781838
Reading over more...

The angle of the exhaust port isn't final. They say 30 and 60 increases efficiency and reduces turbulence, but 90 and 0 is still considered.

Trying to make more sense of how the intake and exhaust combined with turbocharging works.
Some things described aren't pictured. I probably should have printed out the patents to make this easier to cross reference to the figures but I'd need to go on another computer and shit to print.

The intake manifold is a totally new shape with long individual intakes. Actually don't see anything about an intake bypass. Intercooler and such isn't included here, either.

I can't find what item 103 is on FIG. 4. There is nothing else that connects to it.
The patent says "Note that the refrence numeral 103 in FIG. 4 indicates a secondary air massage for supplying secondary air into an exhaust passage. Moreover, the configuration of the exhaust port 10 is described later in detail"
Well, them saying "air" likely means exhaust air here. But there is nothing in the external figures showing where that leads.
I also can't find any reference about 103 where exhaust port 10 is later described in detail.

I'm guessing it's what I initially guessed, that at low RPM the exhaust pressure will be small enough to go right through there and around the turbo, and at higher pressure it'll spin the turbo while also serving as a well to relieve extra pressure on the turbo.

I'm also thinking it might be related to something similar to what the CX-9 has, a system that takes some of the inert exhaust gas that the engine produces, reducing the temperature and feeding it back into the air intake.
>>
>>14781776

Fucking Mazda's own engineers are basically armchair engineering this shit at this point.

>The rotary engine fucking sucks, any ideas how to fix this shit?
>"I know, let's turn it upside down!"
>Ok, any opinions from REAL engineers now?

I bet they've actually thought of this idea years and years ago and never took it seriously because it sounded like the sort of solution an autistic /o/ benchineer came up with, then when they actually tried it and it worked they pretended it was some new exciting shit.
>>
>>14781985
if you think the relocation of the enhaust ports is the only difference then you either only read the OP text or are completely functionally retarded

>lmao flip it upside down! xd
>i posted it again!
kill yourself
>>
>>14781985
Fuck off retarded tripshit.
>>
>>14781985
>most of the heat is generated in the bottom
>hot air generated from the bottom of the unit rises and then "cooks" the rest of the unit
>hurr turning it upside down, where ventilation inlets and ducts can better remove the hot air being generated at its source and thus keep the unit cooler than previously possible, is just plain silly!!!!!!!!!!
holy fuck
>>
File: 400px-LS7a.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
400px-LS7a.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
>>14781436
Add pushrods.
>>
>>14781633
>Is piping the exhaust down the transmission tunnel going to turn the interior into an easy-bake oven?
No, the exhaust already runs through the transmission tunnel on the FD and it doesn't make THAT much warmth. It'll be heat shielded like the MX-5 I'm sure. I think you can expect the underside to look very similar to the MX-5 in general.

>>14781562
>I don't get how turning the engine upside down is going to magically make the engine any better.
There is more than that, you retard.

The turning it upside-down is simply to reduce the plumbing for the turbocharging and to mount the engine lower. It has nothing to do with making it more efficient and reliable.

Parts of that has to do with the new oil rings they're going to have(not detailed here), Emissions is putting the pre-cat closer to the turbo plus it burning less oil. Economy comes from the new exhaust port and probably some things to do with igniting how the turbo actually winds up working.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets more than 33% better fuel economy than the RX-8, or about 21/30mpg. I'm sure it'll at very least be like 19/25 which is perfectly acceptable for me and I'll get one if it's faster than the Cayman S.

>that doesn't solve any of the heat-related problems where rotaries are a FUCKTON hotter than piston engines at the exhaust manifold.
The FD was the only one that had overheating problems. It's not an inherit rotary flaw. It was a flaw of packing the twin turbo so close to the engine, having a poor intercooler, etc.
This engine won't have overheating problems, I'm certain. Mazda is taking all these flaws seriously.

>>14781550
Me too, but the diagram does not indicate there will be laser ignition.

However, just because that's not in that patent absolutely doesn't mean there won't be. I'm just saying nothing indicates that.
Though, the position of the spark plugs to me does indicate laser ignition. Its fuel economy would be too bad without it and this spark plug configuration.
>>
File: 1356308862440.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1356308862440.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
>>14782024
>if it's faster than the Cayman S.
>>
>>14782019
Yeah, one big thing is that they didn't have the aid of computers to map out the flame propagation of ignition and the heat generated and how it's cooled.

Part of why the exhaust is at the bottom where it can rise up is it evens things out, so they could put more even cooling channeling around the housing.

With the aid of computers and better testing equipment, I imagine they'll figure out fine how to change the cooling channels in the housing to accommodate the heat being more centralized at the top.

They're also using aluminum side housings this time, and they're narrower.
Heat will be especially important and I'm sure it'll be dealt with. They're not under Ford anymore and Mazda is essentially rewarding their engineers with letting them make this car thanks to all the other work they've done for the company.

>>14781985
I would like to take another opportunity to call you retarded.
>>
Inb4 a hundred threads with the turn it upside down meme.
>>
>>14782038
how retarded are you to think that'd be a difficult accomplishment? I said the Cayman S, a $64k car. Not the Cayman GT4.
All it needs is to be under 2800lb and to have 300HP or so. Mazda knows how to make a car handle.

The FD went toe to toe with the 911 at almost half the price.
>>
File: 1357754693254.jpg (16KB, 480x455px) Image search: [Google]
1357754693254.jpg
16KB, 480x455px
>>14782061
what have you done
>>
>>14782061
It will be.

Too bad Shitpost Guy missed the opportunity of creating a meme by making a fucking awful post instead
>>
>>14782074
>The FD went toe to toe with the 911

to be fair the 01-02 911 was awful
>>
>>14782024
rotaries tend to send a lot of unburnt fuel into the exhaust.
this is what causes overheating.
>>
File: 15054935886_4f727069e1_c.jpg (133KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
15054935886_4f727069e1_c.jpg
133KB, 800x530px
>>14782096
>rotaries tend to send a lot of unburnt fuel into the exhaust.

thats an awful general statement there guy

you probably meant modded rotaries operating outside the oem parameters send unburnt fuel into the exhaust contributes to them overheating

>this is what causes overheating.
no but it defiantly contributes
>>
Hopefully those will hit the Mexican market, and I'll be closer to owning a dorito powered machine.
Most mechanics wouldn't know how to work on one, tho.
>>
>>14781467
Heat from the exhaust and heat from the turbo would combine for very hot intake temps. Thats why no one has ever done it that way. Plus the hassle of sealing it with uneven heating would be a pain. Its easier just to have 2 manifolds even if they are right next to each other.
>>
Alright how many tiny irradiated Japanese dicks do I have to suck to make this happen?
>>
>>14782414
?

It's happening. Mazda is serious about making a new RX-7.
Its engineers that have kept them ahead on fuel economy will literally quit if they don't sell a new RX-7.
>>
>>14781436
torque is only important if you're a shit driver and have to slow down in corners to be honest

or if you're in traffic all the time
>>
>>14782497
I never got why people always slow down to a crawl at corners instead of taking them at 0.5G or something
>>
>>14782096
not really, it's because the engine never stops burning fuel to cool down like a 4-stroke
>>
>>14782497
>>14782505
or if you don't know how to heel-toe
>>
>>14782513
The Wankel is a 4-stroke idiot
>>
>>14782568
4-stroke piston engine, whatever
mazda rotary has 4 cycles but not really 4 strokes
>>
>>14781483
>20b
>twin turbo 3.9 liter equivalent engine
>only 300lb-ft of torque

TOP KEK
>>
>>14782926
>thinking there's a point in having any more

Stupid dumb ameribubbler scum.
>>
Oh look, Mazda is putting a bunch of money into another shit engine that will make shit power, get shit fuel mileage, and not meet ever more stringent emissions. That they'll put into another car that won't sell, they will cancel in a few years, and will be labeled another massive failure.

This joke of a company will continue to be a meme that trolls and idiots that don't know shit about engineering latch on to because of it's terrible novelty engine design.

Neat.
>>
>>14782956
>m-muh favorite engine makes LELNOTORQUE
>literally the force that accelerates the vehicle.
>t-that means you don't need more!

Mazdacucks on suicide watch.

Looking forward to another one of Mazda's trademark dysmal failures. kek

Mazda is the next Mitsubishi.
>>
>>14782992
Must suck having no friends to give you a ride in their FD so you can feel da power, mang.

Instead you just shitpost on /o/ to try to feel more important.
>>
>>14782992
That's why gearbox's with more than one gear ratio exist dummy.
>>
File: 1446795916036.jpg (325KB, 761x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1446795916036.jpg
325KB, 761x1030px
>>14782089
Faster than a 964 911 turbo doofus
>>
>>14783005
>rotary
>power

lel how does it feel thinking less than 300hp gitless pile of shit is "feeling da power"

also,
>Mazdacuck tanking about shitposting
Irony. Every one of you faggots posts about this shit tier novelty meme engine is the pinnacle of shitposting.

>>14783083
>need to pass a minivan casually accelerating onto the freeway
>have to downshift 7 times to barely pass them.

topkek
>>
>>14783109
>>>/r9k/

Filthy busrider.
>>
>>14783104
It makes me so happy when I see mazdacucks reposting my troll image.
>>
>>14783109
>>have to downshift 7 times to barely pass them.
damn you're really on a shitposting combo spree here anon.
>>
>>14782472
stop making things up you weirdo
>>
People that shit talk rotaries sure are mad that every car isn't made especially for their special snowflake selves.

You won't be able to afford it, anyway so your opinion actually doesn't matter.
>>
>>14783120
lol you're retarded, image came from a road & track magazine made in march of '92.
>>
>>14783109
It got 5.0s 0-60 in 1993. That was fast. And with mild mods it's a lot faster.
It still handles well compared to cars to this day. It still wins races to this day.

It was as fast or faster than the 911 turbo of the time. You can't argue that it wasn't a very fast car at the time all you can do is make yourself look like a retard.
>>
File: 4803134378_4e94ed2318_z[1].jpg (220KB, 640x395px) Image search: [Google]
4803134378_4e94ed2318_z[1].jpg
220KB, 640x395px
>>14783216
You know what makes it even faster?

A real engine.
>>
File: 1456978250059.jpg (11KB, 200x345px) Image search: [Google]
1456978250059.jpg
11KB, 200x345px
>>14783237
0/10 see me after class
>>
>patenting a rotary engine
as if anybody else is going to try this sort of whackery.
>>
File: Jet_engine.png (80KB, 519x211px) Image search: [Google]
Jet_engine.png
80KB, 519x211px
Why doesn't anybody just make a car with a REAL rotary engine? The only relevant one nowadays, huh?

I mean, yeah, if you run them anywhere but their optimal operating speed they guzzle gas like nothing and don't put out enough power, but that's what we got the Prius gearbox for, right? Just use a small one and build it like a mobile powerplant.
>>
>>14783104
by a tenth of a second

you are probably the kind of person who thinks the m4 is faster than the camaro
>>
>>14781775
In engineering, nothing is ever intentional. While researching something to solve problem X you will find a solution to issue Y- except that issue Y is in a field you never studied and aren't at all related to, so nobody manages to connect the dots until some chucklefuck skilled in the field of issue Y reads your dissertation about your attempts to solve issue X and gets his eureka moment.
>>
>>14783297
Hey man, bench racing is bench racing, can't say it didn't btfo'd the rest out.

That's the game here on /o/.
>>
File: UrAFag.jpg (1MB, 2608x1952px) Image search: [Google]
UrAFag.jpg
1MB, 2608x1952px
>>14782571
that might be the most retarded thing you've ever said. Mommy should be proud.
>>
>>14783294
Faraday Future is.

>>14783297
Yeah, 1/10th of a second faster and half the price. Fuck off, acting like that doesn't matter.
>>
>>14783297
1/10th of a second is huge in road racing. On the rack the only cars on that list that would even be competitive are the FD and 911.
>>
>>14783437
>Yeah, 1/10th of a second faster and half the price
got that backwards
>>14783320
true
>>14783479
yes, i realize that, but in the general public, and not randy popes, the camaro would probably be faster
>>
>>14781432

All this work to literally make a more powerful 2 stroke that revs to around 4000rpm like the 13b. When will mazda give up on this pipe dream.
>>
File: image.jpg (388KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388KB, 1024x768px
>>14783237
Then why are the fastest FDs are all 13B powered?

Pic related, 53.6s on Tsukuba.
>>
This thread is further proof that Mazdacucks are completely worthless benchracers that are the cancer of the autmotive community.
>>
File: 1455499378843.jpg (43KB, 600x782px) Image search: [Google]
1455499378843.jpg
43KB, 600x782px
>>14783854
>>
>>14783917
>miatafags only contribute more to Mazdafags being complete cancer.

Maybe you'll be able to afford a Boxter when you get auto of cosmatology school faggot.
>>
File: 1453224080043.jpg (102KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1453224080043.jpg
102KB, 500x628px
>>14783930
>>
>>14783930
>boxter
top kek lad
>>
>>14781985
If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.
>>
>>14781967
>Well, them saying "air" likely means exhaust air here. But there is nothing in the external figures showing where that leads.
>I also can't find any reference about 103 where exhaust port 10 is later described in detail.
Almost certainly not exhaust air, but rather clean air from behind the turbo but in front of the injectors, to help reduce exhaust temps and clean exhaust emissions.
>>
>>14781838
>The exhaust port has an air intake that leads to it... to increase pressure in there or something?
circle the bit you are on about pls
>>
>>14784198
Fig. 4, item 103. It's the small bend out from the left of the exhaust port on
>>14781432

>>14784154
Wouldn't that be further down the plumbing and not immediately in the exhaust port?
>>
>>14781432
Bums me out that it was filed back in 2015.

also, here's the link to the article since you didn't include it. http://www.autoevolution.com/news/new-mazda-rotary-engine-presented-in-patent-application-106139.html#
>>
File: 1449009442931[1].png (2MB, 993x1549px) Image search: [Google]
1449009442931[1].png
2MB, 993x1549px
pushrod sissys need not to apply
>>
>>14784216
looks like something to allow a smog pump to work
>>
>>14784216
No, because you want exhaust temps controlled before the turbo and oxygen introduced before the cat.

I might be wrong, it could be supplying positive pressure, etc with exhaust gas, but I bet it's clean air for emissions and EGT control.
>>
File: RX-VISION_H_12.jpg (3MB, 4800x2700px) Image search: [Google]
RX-VISION_H_12.jpg
3MB, 4800x2700px
Don't let the dream be memes!
>>
File: rx vision interior.jpg (82KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
rx vision interior.jpg
82KB, 1600x800px
>>14784344
I want to believe

But memes aside, I really want to see an interior like this. Reminds me of how awesomely minimalist and driver-focused the new Ford GT is, except, you know
>DCT
>Flappy Paddles
>six cylinders
>>
>>14784236
>burn oil
>by design
KEK!
>>
>>14784405
>bends pushrods
>by design

KEK!
>>
So, what exactly is the competitive set of the theoretical RX-9? Considering the Supra is about as dead as the RX-7, the GT-R went from a hyped up shitbox to a legit(imately priced) supercar, and Mitsubishi is a dead company walking. I'm even more confused since it's proportioned like a Mercedes-Benz SLS/GT S
>>
>>14782472
well they're not ahead in the fuel economy you dumbfuck
>>
>>14782505
>I never got why people always slow down to a crawl at corners instead of taking them at 0.5G or something
fear.
>>
>>14784420
>bent push rod
>10 minuete fix
>no fix for burning oil
KEK!
>>
>>14784375
Take a look at this interior Elong you faggot. This is how you do simple.
>>
>>14783979
>its stupid but its not stupid
nice contradiction retard
>>
>>14784489
the fuck you talking about? The CX-5, Mazda3, and Mazda6 were all class leaders on fuel economy when they came out.

Only now are the others catching up, when Mazda is going to have their second gen.

How retarded are you to argue against easily verifiable facts?
>>
>>14781454

Torque is the difference between 6krpm @ 45mph to 3.5rpm @ 45mph, kick down acceleration at same time and distance.
>>
>>14784236
>250 hp
>125 hp
>505 hp
>>
>>14782532
Fuck off weeb
>>
File: rx-vision_05.jpg (75KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
rx-vision_05.jpg
75KB, 1400x933px
>>14784375
The amount of wakuwaku my penis does for this interior
>>
>>14784554
Also
> bare block,
> bare block, no turbo
> full manifolds
>>
>>14784556
>heel toe
>only for weebs
Man you cannot be any more bus rider than you are now Anon, I hope it is an euphoric moment for you
>>
>>14781838
It's probably an EGR setup, it allows non-combustible exhaust gasses to recycle and dilute the incoming o2 and absorb some of the heat in the combustion chamber.
>>
>>14781432
Thanx for posting this friend

You're doing god's work

Almost bought my buddies FD stock with 100K...then they let new the concept loose

I
Will
Own
It
>>
>>14784576
>thinks driving faster than the speed limit is something normal people do
>thinks caring at all about driving skill is something normal people do
>very angry virgin detected
>I CAN HEAL TOE, WHY WONT THEY SLEEP WITH MEEEEEE
kek
>>
Why would mazda even bother patenting rotary? Nobody wants to make a rotary engine when boxer, v, and inline are infinitely better.
>>
>>14784663
What are you doing on an automotive enthusiast board?
>>
>>14784671
I'm from /g/ to shit up your board with Tesla posts because I don't like people that are into mechanical stuff.
>>
>>14784695
lold so hard
>>
>>14784663
>very angry virgin detected
I'm glad you can detect yourself Anon, good job.
>>
>>14784633
I was thinking that as well. Similar is used on the CX-9, isn't it?

>>14784669
I want one. Lots of people do, judging by the response to it.
>>
Do you guys really think Mazda can pull of another exotic-killer sports car like the FD? Should I get hype?
>>
>>14784783
It's a feature, not a bug
>>
>>14781562
>The rotary is essentially an air pump, and sure

You posted this yesterday and got BTFO yesterday. Please kill yourself; all engines are air pumps.
>>
>>14784828
Your mom is an air pump

>high five
>>
>>14782058
>They're not under Ford anymore and Mazda is essentially rewarding their engineers with letting them make this car thanks to all the other work they've done for the company.
lmao at you for believing this. you cute.
>>
>>14784916
A large minority of engineers at Mazda are only working there because they want to work on rotary engines and rotary engined cars.

It's not hyperbole. Mazda engineers show up at conferences in the USA if you want to ask them yourself.
o wait you have crippling anxiety and couldn't get yourself in the door to a place like that
>>
>>14784949
oooooooh shit
>>14784916 , how will you follow suit?
>>
>>14784949
>believes what corporate people say
you're cute. I like you.
>>
>>14784949
>mazda presents people at public functions who don't say working there crushes their soul bit by bit
>>
>>14784960
>he's not a corporate person

dat NEET life treating you well, faggot? or are you just a buttmad hourly worker jelly of us on the other side of the fence
>>
>>14784960
rofl engineers aren't "corporate people"

They're autists that manage to function in life instead of autists that spend all day making themselves look stupid on the cars section of an animu image board
>>
File: big ass mouth.png (332KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
big ass mouth.png
332KB, 600x615px
>>14784960
fucking weak brah
try coming back with something other than "xd le red pill armie xDDDD"
>>
>>14784991
>everyone who works at mazda is an engineer
bet you think that guy porsche wheel out at the launch of their gt series cars isn't a pr guy
>>
>>14785027
the comment specifically said "engineers" and the reply specifically said they were "corporate people"

you are the only one who suddenly thinks we're considering about marketing or accounting or some other shit

try paying a little more attention
>>
>>14785038
I think it's safe to assume marketing and accounting fits in the corporate people category my autistic friend.
>>
>>14785068
I think it's safe to assume you still haven't read jack shit and are just vomiting words into 4chan
>>
>>14785072
oh okay, so you're mentally ill.
i'll stop replying from now on.
>>
>>14781432
>Outer housing shape has drastically changed, likely due to most of the heat being isolated at the top now.

Yep, that I think makes a lot of sense from a simple engineering perspective, my FD used to get pretty fucking toasty under the hood to the point I chucked a big aftermarket radiator and thermos in to keep it happier.
Plus anything that keeps the fuel-side cooler is never a bad thing.
>>
>>14784636

>not buying the FD too

what kind of poorfag are you?
>>
>>14784949
>A large minority of engineers at Mazda are only working there because they want to work on rotary engines and rotary engined cars.
roflmfao what the hell is wrong with you rotards?
>>
>>14783361
i'm just saying it doesn't sound quite right to describe it as a stroke.
And according to wikipedia
> A stroke refers to the full travel of the piston along the cylinder, in either direction.
>>
>>14785120
cycle and stroke is interchangeable in that context you complete and utter sperglord
>>
>>14785110
Yeah, don't think I'm selling my FD just because I'm getting an FF.

I really want to get an FB and Cosmo as well.
>>
>>14785146
That why I say cycle and not stroke, cause the rotor doesn't really stroke, it just spins. I'm not saying stroke is necessarily wrong, I just won't call it that because it sounds off.
>>
>>14785149
I think FBs and Cosmos are sexy as fuck, as someone who's not really into cars older than me. I don't think I'll ever one one though, not autistic or rich enough to chase after good condition ones and the parts upkeep.
>>
>>14785081
>anon1: engineers say so
>anon2: don't believe corporate shills
>anon3,4,5: rofl engineers are believable

>you: not everyone who works at mazda is an engineer

Tell me again the logic you're defending?
>>
>>14785171
FBs look sexy when you remove the rubber bumpers and get some better paint on them, yeah.

Cosmo are honestly ugly from the front, but the silhouette is amazing, and interior and geek shit, fuck.

I think if I got a Cosmo, I'd have to keep it pretty OEM.

Parts for all the rotary cars is actually really cheap, even from the dealer.
>>
>>14785120
>i'm just saying it doesn't sound quite right to describe it as a stroke.
that's what she said
>>
>>14784504
>bent pushrod
>10 minute fix
>now the meain bearings are spun
KEK!
>>
>>14784554
The 4 cyl makes 600 hp though
>>
>>14784949
>A large minority of engineers at Mazda are only working there because they want to work on rotary engines and rotary engined cars.
No mate, they're working there because they have mortgages to pay and mouths to feed.
Grow the fuck up and get out of your fairytale world
>>
>>14786053
>he thinks Japan is like America
It is you who lives in a fantasy world
>>
>>14786073
>proposes that Japan is not America
This is true, in Japan they have 100 year mortgages.
>>
>>14785640
In that state it makes 0 horsepower because it's missing a bunch of important shit.

That LS would run with battery power and fuel.
>>
>>14786094
bad meme
>>
>>14781432
The triangles force my penis to look inside itself, to see things that were too eccentric for my shaaft to conceptualize.
>>
>>14782976
The SA22C and FB RX-7 are part of what pulled mazda out of a massive slump after nearly tanking prior to attempting to switch to an all-rotary lineup in the midst of the 70s oil crisis. Mazda would have died off long ago if they were as shitty as you seem to imply.
>>
Guys. What if we could flip the almighty ls1 upside down? Could we even handle the freshness?
>>
>>14786185
You mean Ford® Motor Company
>>
>>14786186
>driveshaft and transmission now at the same height as the drivers head

thats why we have flat and boxer engines anon
>>
>>14781775
It's not really new. The variable geometry intake on the R26B used in the 787B provided a similar effect. Any open cavity has a resonant frequency. If designed correctly, the pressure waves moving through the manifold match up exactly with the opening of the intake ports, and the intake charge is effectively above atmospheric pressure despite the engine having no super- or turbocharger. With modern computers, a static intake manifold can be designed so this effect occurs at the most efficient engine speed, taking other factors into consideration.
>>
>>14784504
>no fix for burning oil

-add more oil
-premix oil into fuel

I fixed it.
>>
File: 1195596327497.png (6KB, 221x301px) Image search: [Google]
1195596327497.png
6KB, 221x301px
>>14786202
>imblying ford ever tried to do anything but hurt mazda to make their own brand stronger
>>
>>14782120
The flame propagation isn't efficient as a piston engine, sometimes bits of fuel make it past into the exhaust and continues to ignite causing poor fuel economy. That's what gives rotaries that machine gun flame. That's oem as well, it doesn't have to be modded
>>
>>14782096
Running rich means running cool :^)
>>
>>14781436
Right behind the engine. It's called a ''gearbox''.
>>
>>14784554
So the v8 is an ls7? It's also the most unreliable engine in the photo Lpl
>>
>>14786185
The FB was super cheaper for a car that preformed like it. The MX-5 is more like that.

I don't think the FF is going to "pull Mazda out of a slump". Well first off, they're getting great worldwide growth and are immensely profitable due to selling patents to other companies.

It will help their brand and brand loyalty though, I think.

>>14787047
>The flame propagation isn't efficient as a piston engine, sometimes bits of fuel make it past into the exhaust and continues to ignite causing poor fuel economy. That's what gives rotaries that machine gun flame.
Right, as stated, they didn't have computer aided design that could assist with that for rotaries in the past. For the past 5 years, they finally have. That's why I wouldn't be surprised in over a 30% fuel economy increase and for it to make at least 300HP.
>>
Wait, so are we calling the RX-8 the FE and the 9 the FF then?
>>
>>14788048
Of course?

The RX-8 was FE in NA, versus SE elsewhere.

I doubt the new one will be RX-9. Probably RX-7. But it's hard to tell when it'll almost surely be FF on the chassis code.
>>
File: QA_in_a_nutshell.gif (2MB, 469x264px) Image search: [Google]
QA_in_a_nutshell.gif
2MB, 469x264px
>>14784821
Gave me a chuckle.
>>
File: cosmo_reppin.png (354KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
cosmo_reppin.png
354KB, 500x672px
>>14785225
Cosmos are also super /m/. FBs too now that I think about it...
>>
>>14788356
No I mean the 1990 one. I like the geekiness and tech icon of it. Aren't the original ones like 200grand in good condition?
>>
>>14788567
You can find a decent driver for under $30k
>>
>>14788900
Oh, huh.

I would just get one to collect. Those old cars are a death trap when some retard texting in an SUV rams into you out of no where.
>>
>>14783294
Wack RPM, people don't like the sound. Also the fuel thing.
>>
>>14789007
>tfw you grew up in 80s cars
>tfw you did crazy shit in 80s and 90s cars
>tfw you survived accidents in 90s cars
>tfw 16 year-olds today call them old and scary

Welp shit, I never thought I would know a boomer feel.
>>
>>14788234
Why would they call it the 7 again instead of the 9? Doesn't make sense to go from 7 to 8 back to 7 again.
>>
File: 1455670357914.jpg (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455670357914.jpg
83KB, 640x480px
>>14790219
The problem is because every car back then was about the same shit, sure you had the occasional airbags and safety features in certain models but nowadays cars and trucks have gotten huge with safety and making sure their driver will survive and will absolutely wreck any 80s or 90s shitbox
>>
>>14790282
You say this like it's a bad thing
>>
File: 9TbHkzG.png (555KB, 610x733px) Image search: [Google]
9TbHkzG.png
555KB, 610x733px
>>14790282
>making sure their driver will survive
You say this like it is a good thing
>>
>>14790312
>>14790318
HIVEMIND!!!
>>
>>14790312
>>14790318
Im trying to defend the fact some people are scared of driving 80s and 90s shitboxes because cars nowadays have gotten safer. Whether or not you agree with safety features is another discussion entirely. I personally dont care about safety features in a car like I assume you do, but again just defending some peoples concerns
>>
File: G-ZAlKsWj_U.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
G-ZAlKsWj_U.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>14790343
Back when I was a kid, some people flocked to Volvos because they had the perception of being safe. Those people almost universally were terrible drivers.

The people you are defending are people that should not be driving. They know they are so bad they expect to crash.

Things were better when people didn't expect to walk away from crashes. When driving was widely perceived to be a hazardous activity that required your attention.
>>
>>14790343
It's a legit concern, nobody wants to die.
>>
>>14790407
Edgy.
>>
File: train2_638.jpg (92KB, 638x352px) Image search: [Google]
train2_638.jpg
92KB, 638x352px
>>14790423
Nothing is worse than the asshole that is terrible at something yet does it anyway despite getting the way.

>>14790411
True nobody wants to die. But going out of your way to be safe is another thing entirely. Cars have gotten safe, but they have objectively gone to shit. If you care so much about not dying that you drive a shit car when you are a car enthusiast, is that really living?
>>
>>14790261
Why do they make the mx5 even after the mx6?
>>
File: conductor.jpg (45KB, 555x333px) Image search: [Google]
conductor.jpg
45KB, 555x333px
>>14790524
>>
>>14790452
I watched on TV that Tesla Motors wants to put chips on all kids so that whenever they cross the road it sends out a signal to disable your car. Has science gone too far?
>>
>>14790541
Conductor, I have a problem.

>I want off this ride.
>All the shit we joked about happening is happening.
>People watched terminator, thought a future where humanity is hunted to near extinction by AI and killbots was awesome, so they went hard to work building AI and killbots.
>>
>>14787806
Didn't Mazda have computers when the RX8 was designed?
Don't tell me - big bad Ford banned them from using them. Those big American meanies.
>>
>>14790628
Actually I read that during those years, due to rising awareness in America about the need for diversity and inclusion, Mazda was ordered to only communicate using Ebonics in their offices.
>>
>>14790561
it's too late, Google is making the ride fully automatic with their self-driving cars. In a few years driving will be as slow and impersonal as public transport. Actually turning the wheel yourself will be banned as "too dangerous"
>>
>>14781432
Wait, why would they fill a patent on a different type of dorito? Don't they have a whole patent on this type of engine anyway?
>>
>>14790628
Computers weren't very good in 2003.
>>
>>14790662
This is a revolutionary new design.
>>
>>14790662
to get attention.
>>
>>14790642
Underrated kek
>>
File: liquid-piston-diagram-876[1].jpg (33KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
liquid-piston-diagram-876[1].jpg
33KB, 876x493px
>>14790672
"No"
>>
>>14790666
Honestly, they weren't that different from what we have now.

Back in the 90s I had a 120mghz Pentium running Windows 95. That was primitive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z096bCyRug
>>
>>14790628
Uh... of course? That's how they designed really good chassis.

But the software to model flame propagation in combustion chambers was only for piston engines. They had to make their own software to model it for rotary engines which has only been around for about 5 years or so now? Long after the RX-8 came out.

That should be pretty easy to understand, desu.
>>
>>14790751
You're too stupid to be here, or not stupid enough.
Either way, fuck off.
>>
>>14781985
PLEASE JUST END YOUR FAMILY'S MISERY AND AN HERO
>>
>>14790744
2003 systems were still mostly 90's relics. Nobody thought "new millenium!" and threw out all their old computers. Hell major companies are still running XP to this day. I'd say that the 90's-tier machines mostly disappeared around 2006. Up until them it is entirely possible that there were major companies running on Windows 95 400 MHz beige shitboxes
>>
>>14790728
That's just some edgelord design like the Duke engine. Will never see the light of day unlike the Mazda Wankel.
>>
>>14790666
More like
>computers weren't very good in 2000 and earlier

It takes time to design a car. I'd wager the RX-8 was mostly designed on late 90's computer tech
>>
>>14790819
Same guy, where I grew up, people threw out their computers every year, every other year for poor people.
>>
>>14790838
And unlike the Mazda Wankel, it's in production RIGHT NOW
>>
>>14790819
>Up until them it is entirely possible that there were major companies running on Windows 95 400 MHz beige shitboxes
Maybe the ones where computing power didn't matter too much.
Otherwise Pentium 4s came out around then, running over 1GHz
>>
>>14790845
for most businesses, even if they could afford all new computers every year, it wouldn't be economical to do so.
>>
>>14790843
Exactly my point, If it was released in 2003 they likely used 90's computers to design it the whole time, they were highly unlikely to have thrown out all their old systems for new Pentium 4s and redesigned the entire engine on new software in one year so for all intents and purposes the RX8 is 90's technology.
>>
>>14781578
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>14790912
>Have drone company
>Running no-name CAD on 2008 AMD shitboxes
>Business partner wants me to upgrade to the latest Mac Pro systems and Solidworks
>"Nigga our profits can barely feed us"
>>
>>14790912
They report the computers as completely depreciated, send them to be recycled and record the loss on their taxes against their profit.
>>
>>14790956
Every year would get the taxman sniffing.
>>
>>14790940
How much is Solidworks? Like $50k for a few seats?

>>14790956
Yeah, and when you buy new computers you used to be able to defer the expense over a few years, but that went away or got greatly reduced last year I think?
>>
>>14784663
>textbook projecting
Nice
>>
I'm not the biggest fan of doritos, but I'm glad Mazda is still willing to take risks in the name of fun.
>>
>>14790999
Yeah about that, $10k a seat if you want the good package.
>>
>>14791089
Not unreasonable for a multi-million dollar company.

Really fucked up for growing companies, though.

It really should be engineering unions at least partially funding that software development, in an ideal world.
>>
>>14790282
Small cars, Fieros excepted, were death traps back then, too.

I hit a 91 CRX while driving an 85 K20 regular cab long bed back in 93. They turned left in front of me and I blew the passenger door out the driver's window, crushing the driver like a mouse in a trap

I was doing 45 when it happened. It was years before I could eat tomato sauces.

All cars are safer, and the bigger, the bigger the safety improvement, but it's not like your shitty little death trap was less of a death trap when it was new, excel except for if your deathtrap has corrosion problems.
>>
>>14791923
The thing was, back then people expected to die in an accident like that.
>>
File: SXfaWP[1].gif (1MB, 320x133px) Image search: [Google]
SXfaWP[1].gif
1MB, 320x133px
>>14791977
it was an honour, no less
>>
>>14783297
you forgot that it also cost way the fuck less?
And STILL beat the Porsche. That's the point.
>>
>>14794089
Some people don't have a concept of money, just gbp
>>
>>14790452
>they have objectively gone to shit

lolwut? ND miata, Nissan GTR, FRS/BRZ, Fiesta RS, VW GTI, ATS-V and CTS-V, the corvette. These are great cars, considered by many to be far superior to their antecedents. Where do you get that cars have 'gone to shit'?
>>
File: 2DEAD021616.jpg (31KB, 359x279px) Image search: [Google]
2DEAD021616.jpg
31KB, 359x279px
>>14791977
People still should, if they drive a Ford Fusion.
>>
>>14790452
>>14790452
You are confusing objectively with subjectively, autist
>>
>>14784539
>6k rpm @ 45mph
>change gears
>3.5k rpm @ 45mph
>>
File: gets-kicked-in-the-head.png (322KB, 625x357px) Image search: [Google]
gets-kicked-in-the-head.png
322KB, 625x357px
>>14794217
Oh yes anon. Cars have gotten heavy, and are difficult to see out of but they are better because they are new.

Take a step back AND FUCK YOUR OWN FACE.
>>
>>14794441
>Downshifting to gain speed.
>>
>>14794203
Fuck me
>>
>>14781483
>300 NM @7000-7050rpm
Great
>>
>>14781578
Siiiick burn
>>
>>14790261
The number is more to do with the size and type of car.
Just like 3 series, 5 series etc.

Rx7 means 2 door sports car rwd.
Rx8 means 4 door sports car rwd
Etc.
An rx9 would be a new Cosmo.
>>
>>14790137
Fuel thing? Jet engines are almost as indiscriminate with their fuels as Diesel engines, more so in fact now that modern diesels are all finicky about it.
>>
>>14794514
>I drive a Smart
>it's not a shitbox, it's a shitcube
>but at least it weights nothing, great visibility, RR layout and the safety cell is unbreakable
>I need a bigger engine though
>>
>>14794906
>not installing a Hayabusa engine in your SMART car.

https://youtu.be/AgwzHJo3IXM
>>
>>14795310
It doesn't have a gearbox anymore which is kind of a dealbreaker, that thing won't drive any faster than maybe 40mph if you're lucky
>>
>>14781775
>>14786243
Heck, even the NA FC's intake manifold created a slightly pressurized intake charge at certain RPM. Helmholtz resonance is a very old concept, and the effect is particularly pronounced in rotaries due to their strong intake and exhaust pulses. Peripheral ported rotaries regularly achieve VEs well over 100%.
>>
>>14791567
Yep, nobody cares about the little man.
Does anyone know why software costs more than the actual hardware?
>>14794886
Gas turbines don't scale down well, the compression ratio which I'm sure you all know dictates the efficiency depends on the size of the compressor and it's speed therefore if you drop the size from an aircraft jet engine to a car engine-sized turbine you either need to increase the RPM to bearing melting speeds or accept shitty fuel economy. This is why jetpacks suck, the compression ratio for such a tiny turbine is so shit that you need to carry your own weight in fuel for 10 minutes of flight.
>>14781775
Computers + Japanese = magic.
>>
File: laughing_japan.jpg (276KB, 2200x1578px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_japan.jpg
276KB, 2200x1578px
>>14795706
>tfw magic everyday
>>
>>14790666
Devil trips of being wrong
>>
>>14796272
>playing crysis in 2003
>>
File: AllThoseFlavors.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
AllThoseFlavors.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
>>14794514
Well, new cars are: faster, safer, more fuel efficient, more reliable, and generally are more spacious than their older counterparts.
>But, yeah, having fat a- and b-pillars sure does negate all of that. r-right g-guys?
>>
>>14796781
Disagreed on the "more spacious" part. Compare a Volvo 850 to a second gen V70, and the 850 is bigger on the inside, or at least feels like it.
>>
>>14781775
the S2000 does this as well
>>
>>14796781
more spacious? only because they have become even bigger to account for that

my 90s civic is more spacious than my mom's mazda 3 while being lighter and smaller
>>
>>14781578
>American anime imageboard
This is a Cambodian basketweaving forum you dumbass
>>
File: 4L_hcbFLis0.jpg (173KB, 766x687px) Image search: [Google]
4L_hcbFLis0.jpg
173KB, 766x687px
>>14781985
>tripfag ranting about how Mazda engineers are stupid
>>
>>14796821
>>14796793
I guess, I was thinking about examples like the s60, which saw improvement for rear legroom over the past couple decades, same story with corrollas and the new ND (I'm big- 230lbs 6'2" - and had trouble fitting in every miata but this new one). But then again, I can see where you guys are coming from, I used to be able to fit into the vw beetle (and weighed more back then), but the new bug is fucking tiny on the inside. I don't know what went wrong there.
>>
>>14795706
>Does anyone know why software costs more than the actual hardware?
Economies of scale. Even if the hardware requires more work overall to package and sell, EVERYONE buys a general purpose computer. Only the people who specifically need something like solidworks buy it.

I'm sure they jack up the price because "m-muh piracy!" too, despite the fact that probably no reputable business would attempt to risk the legal clusterfuck caused by using pirated software to design a retail product, while any hobbyist who pirates it to check it out would otherwise never even consider purchasing it.
>>
File: 1427131916920.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1427131916920.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
>>14795310
>>
File: 18zn5r539gbr3jpg[1].jpg (60KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
18zn5r539gbr3jpg[1].jpg
60KB, 800x609px
>>14795310
I want this in an AZ-1. I get that people like to put big engines in smart cars because its funny, but it seems like such a waste. I cannot imagine that they handle better than smaller, lower cars of the same size.
>>
>>14796821
>a mansion is only more spacious than a house because it's bigger
captain obvious
>>
>>14795706
>Does anyone know why software costs more than the actual hardware?
Well that's easy. The hardware is made in thousands of units or more.

Software that just a few buys but costs the same to make whether 1 person buys it or a million people do has to cost more depending on the expected market size.
>>
>>14797013
Eh.

I wish they made a RR or MR rotary that shares much of the new MX-5's parts and a 1.6L NA rotary.

MX-5 weight with more usable space, and 250hp and 200lb-ft of torque that revs to the moon.

Or heck, even a rear engined hatchback like that, similar to the Renault Clio.
Mazda said they wanted more rear wheel drive cars and rear engined makes that a lot cheaper to accomplish.
With one purpose built to be RR, the engine can be fitted under the rear seats instead of over the rear axle like in the Clio.

Problem is that people wouldn't like how the proportions look. People like how FR/FF proportions look.
>>
>>14797313
It's not all doom and gloom. Mazda have released a feisty 107hp 2 Sport Black and the peppy 3 Sport Black with 120 furious hp.
>>
>>14797313
>Clio
>rear-engine
>>
>>14797381
He probably means the new Twingo.
>>
>>14797381
>>14797385
Um no, I mean the Clio V6.

But sure, the Twingo is another example. I'd prefer MR over RR, but not sure you can package that without high passenger seats.
With a horizontal mounted rotary, maybe.
>>
>>14797405
... But obviously there's not much point in a rotary in a 4-5 seat car unless it's hybrid, either.
>>
>>14797405
In that case, have some MR hatch porn.
>>
>>14797405
>With a horizontal mounted rotary, maybe.
are you retarded?
>>
File: Lazareth_twingo_V8_02.jpg (129KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lazareth_twingo_V8_02.jpg
129KB, 900x600px
>>14797415
Mid-engine RWD veeate-powered Twingo.
>>
>>14797417
are you retarded?
>>
>>14796991
>no reputable business would attempt to risk the legal clusterfuck caused by using pirated software to design a retail product
How would anyone even find out?
>>14797262
Now I get it. Thanks, always wondered.
>>
>>14798240
Company who made the software for starters. Just look at the employee list then look up employee resumes and see what tools they have listed at as skills. If you don't have a record of that employee's company licensing your software you begin an investigation
>>
>>14798291
wew. glad I didn't take the risk.
>>
Why is Mazda the one and only company that believes in the rotary?
>>
>>14798240
>How would anyone even find out?
Legal discovery.

There's a big difference between pirating photoshop to make memes, and to have a company worth hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars making money while using pirated software.

Not paying $10k per seat and risking paying hundreds of thousands or millions in legal fees, damages, and punitive fines is pretty stupid.

And honestly software like Solidworks is pretty worth it. The problem is the capital cost to start up and blah blah.
>>
>>14798330
Maybe ole Felix sucked their ancestor's dick
>>
>>14798330
They're the only ones dumb/stubborn enough.

And I say that as someone who loves rotaries.
>>
>>14798336
How does Autodesk compare? Solidworks was my first choice but my business partner wants to work on OSX if we are to ditch Windows 7.
>>
>>14798330
Because it became one of their signature hallmarks.

I'd love to drive a rotary one day.
>>
>>14798464
>their signature is a shitty meme engine
sad
>>
>>14798432
Do yourself a favor and sock your business partner in the mouth next time he suggests OSX for serious business.

Windows 7 is the world standard.
>>
>>14798512
Not Windows 8?
>>
>>14798497
Hey dude never forget: spin to win!
>>
>>14798520
No Win8 is consumer trash
>>
>>14798512
This.
Mac is for anyone whose brain is smaller than their wallet.
>>
>>14798512
I can not possible stress this enough, when you sock your business partner it must be with all the force you can muster.

Anybody thinking OSX and engineering mix needs a harsh wake up call.
>>
Depends on the work you do, I think for versatility and cost performance it's hard to beat a PC (also fuck you Windows 8.1 is the shit).

Umm...if you want something with a Unix backend and a better GUI than Linux MacOS is what you want?
>>
>>14798520
By the time Win8 rolled out, countless companies were still in the middle or barely planning a XP->7 rollout. Fuck, I personally helped a company in a mad dash to upgrade the remaining computers (iirc ~1000 seats) to 7, barely weeks before the final EOL axe. Those corporations aren't going to budge any time soon because OS migrations are a giant pain in the ass. As a result of that timing, few corporate users are on 8 or 8.1, and 10 isn't exactly attractive with the amount of shit it breaks and the overall amount of shenanigans MS has been pulling with it.

7 is likely going to be the next XP, there's still four years of support left and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the big customers bullied MS into continuing it for a bit longer.
>>
>>14798520
Fuck that. Win7 nigga. And fuck 10. I think it scans your files or does some orwellian thing.

But 7 is a great os. Like anon said, it's the next xp.
>>
>>14798683
>big customers bullied MS into continuing it for a bit longer
Having worked on OS support at MS how it rolls if MS bullies those big corps. If they want to keep using Windows 7 past the due date they have to make it worth MS's time and that means millions of dollars in licensing fees. There are still corps running XP and shelling out stupid amounts of cash for support. It was a ridiculously lucrative business model.
>>
>>14798683
This.

This is exactly why I said Windows 7 is the world standard. It was worth the upgrade over XP, and since it came out nothing has been worth upgrading from it.

It is also retardedly stable. I went a full 18 months with out rebooting my 7 Enterprise machine once.
>>
>>14798704
>And fuck 10. I think it scans your files or does some orwellian thing.
It relays back to M$ what threads you click on in /d/
>>
>>14795706
>if you drop the size from an aircraft jet engine to a car engine-sized turbine you either need to increase the RPM to bearing melting speeds or accept shitty fuel economy.
Chrysler would like a word with you.
>>
>>14798512
Yeah, OSX is good for creative work, but not much else.
>>
>>14798776
can you read? The Chrysler turbine cars were so bad that Chrysler only ever made 50 and then set about buying them back so they could scrap them, literally in order to prevent people remembering how ludicrously shit they were. Not only were they mechanically unsound (lol that heat), but they guzzled so much gas even rotards get embarrassed.
>>
>>14795310
I wanna drop a 'busa in my Accent.
>>
>>14784567
>the plastic intake cover adds 50kg
lel
>>
>>14798867
That's totally doable. However, you're looking at an extensive amount of work and unless you've got some real weight reduction going on in your Accent, it'll perform poorly.
>>
>>14798832
>implying anything made by Apple is ever good
>>
>>14798900
>how to spot a NEET
>>
>>14798898
You can take the whole thing apart with a 10mm socket and a screwdriver. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>14798922
And here we see an iJew defender.
>>
>>14798900
>>14798922
>>14798939
>>>/g/
>>
>>14798939
OSX's interface and features are better for creative work such as video editing and graphic design. But I wouldn't expect a basement dweller to understand that.
>>
>>14798962
>rationalizing being a special snowflake, the post
>>
>>14798962
I wouldn't expect a kike asskisser to know that for a comparable price,PC will still kick it's ass.
>>
>>14798733
Win7 has recovered without rebooting from some serious derps while I've used it.
It's extremely rare getting the BSOD
>>14798770
And scans your cheese pizza files
>>14798832
Is that really true nowadays?
>>
>>14798962
This hasn't been true since 64bit pcs became commonplace.
>>
>>14798977
fuck off jews use windows, it's cheaper, obv
Don't lump us in with those cockmunchers.
>>
>>14798985
It's a point of diminishing returns. When Apple switched over to the x86 architecture they pretty much put themselves in the same league as PC for creative work.

Apple has some better proprietary software for creative work but you have to be full autismo to reap its benefits over the equivalent PC version.
>>
>>14785640
I think it's a 3 banger
>>
>>14798962
no
you are objectively wrong
and if you want OSX, run it on normal better hardware not proprietary overpriced BS
>>
>>14798512
>>14798634
That's a shame, even though I'm not an applefag like him the computers would have made the workshop look nice. But yes alarm bells did ring when I found out that Solidworks didn't support OSX
>>14798520
Jesus no.
>>14798683
This. I don't have a problem with 7 it's just that seeing as we were replacing the computers anyway my business partner said we should switch to OSX
>>14798864
And the car sounded like a giant vacuum cleaner
>>14798939
I've used one, I think they are good and get more hate than they deserve. their main problem is being overpriced and "too innovative" sometimes
>>
>>14799028
Oh, that's funny. I guess you do creative work for a living? I'm sure you wouldn't be sharing uninformed opinions, right?
Personally, I work more efficiently in InDesign on a mac. Don't get me wrong though, I hate OSX for absolutely anything else.

>>14798996
I said interface and features, you mong. Addressability has nothing to do with that.
>>
>>14799006
>Apple switched over to the x86 architecture

That's what I thought.
I went to Apple's site to price out a computer for lulz and lulz did I get.
The prices were ludicrous. You can build a far superior performing pc for hundreds if not over thousands less.
>>
>>14799040
>I said interface and features, you mong. Addressability has nothing to do with that.

Not that anon but don't most creative professionals use Adobe shit? And that runs on PC

I'm assuming here but wouldn't the layout in the program be the same?

And can we get back to doritos pls? I want more nerd info about them.
>>
>>14799047
>higher numbers=better computer
If you are running wangblows on it that will destroy any advantage you had. Macs are lower spec because OSX isn't a bloated POS.
>>
>>14799047
Yeah, when they offered building towers you could make some seriously expensive machines that could do server duty all day long. Now a days I have no idea.
>>
>>14799063
It's not just that Mac is lower spec, that's not my point. My point is the massive up charge on the hardware. Which I'm pretty sure is same stuff that goes into a pc case.
>>
>>14799062
Yes, but shit like their fantastic multitouch trackpads, gestures, workspaces, etc. make my workflow much better.

>>14799063
That's the other thing about OSX. It's Unix based.
>>
>>14799096
If you're talking about an iMac, you must remember to factor in the cost of the big, high res screen. And, to some extent, the engineering required to package all the hardware in a small space.
>>
>>14798832
And software development
>>
>>14799096
I agree with you it is overpriced but it doesn't perform worse due to being lower spec that's a myth.
>>
>>14799101
you mean the same shit everyone else has?
>>
>>14799123
I would personally use Linux, but it is better than Windows for that purpose, yes.
>>
>>14799123
But there's no Visual Studio for OSX. How am I supposed to see sharp?
>>
>>14799147
>googles it for shit and giggles
>there's one now
Well fuck me
>>
>>14799062
Doritos are dead.
>>
>>14799040
>he's an artist
all posts by this person are invalid
>>
File: v_mount+intercooler.jpg (550KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
v_mount+intercooler.jpg
550KB, 1600x1200px
>>14799172
We just need to make them undead and highly contagious then!
>>
>>14799120
iirc I priced it without one for comparisons.
>>14799128
If you're using software that can take advantage of the higher specs then you're wrong.
>>
>>14799184
Graphic designer, you mouthbreather. I also have a degree in Comp Sci.
>>
>>14790411

i want to die
>>
>>14799228
>Graphic designer
like I said, artist.
>>
>>14790819
The company I work for does $5bn in annual sales, and my sales software at work still runs in SuperDOS.
>>
>>14799228
such great comp sci, he can't figure out a windows or linux operating system
>>
>>14799272
I just said up there I prefer Windows for everything but design work. Read, nigger.
>>
>>14799192
Fix the seals.
Better yet give up on the automotive market. As I said I make drones and rotaries are getting very popular in this field. Due to extreme weight constraints you don't have a choice whereas with cars there is no compelling reason to ditch pistons.
>>
>>14799376
I think there's likely going to be a big benefit when it comes to hybrid gas-electric sports cars.

When you're adding hundreds of pounds for batteries and electric motors, it helps to cut the weight of the engine in half even if it's less fuel efficient.

I think once Mazda makes their own i8-like car, it's going to be insane.
>>
>>14799512
Why would anyone want a hybrid sports car? Sports cars are not for eco-warriors.
>>
>>14799578
are you retarded
>>
File: 1355862117134.jpg (33KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1355862117134.jpg
33KB, 500x441px
>>14781578
>Good thing mazda hired a real engineer instead of a shitposting tripfag from an american anime imageboard
>>
File: 1400029083527.png (15KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1400029083527.png
15KB, 523x497px
>>14799578
>He's never driven a GS450h
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.