[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poll: How many of you can drive this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: 1140513881390985645.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1140513881390985645.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
This being /o/, I'm sure most of you can. Just curious what the percentage of the users can.
>>
A Vantage v12? I can't drive that shit, I'm a poor fag, and who's gonna let me borrow their aston?

I'll stick to my manual miata, thanks.
>>
>>14780222
would u ever buy an auto miata?
>>
>>14780217
I can get it moving.
But drive it well? Nope.
>>
In my country they only offer manual cars on driving schools.
>>
>>14780227

I wouldn't but a few people have.

Everyone should learn to drive manual because it forces you to pay attention. It's much harder to operate stick and text at the same time, at least when accelerating and braking.

In 5 years, when computer controlled cars are good and cheap enough to be used by most everybody, I hope pretty much everyone moves to computer controlled cars. Safer for the rest of us manual car drivers who pay attention, and leaves the rest of the stick cars to become really cheap for us too.
>>
That's the ugliest shifter I've ever seen, it looks like robocop's dick.
>>
File: P_20160401_174844.jpg (387KB, 1475x830px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160401_174844.jpg
387KB, 1475x830px
>>14780217
I'm too poor to even look at that
>>
>>14780217
Op can never get shit done right. Here's a poll vote on your preference.

http://strawpoll.me/7286179
>>
>>14780890
Holy shit your car lets you turn off your espresso?
Mine keeps pouring shots into me, but it is a Fiat...
>>
There is not a single person that i know who doesn't drive manual.
>>
>>14780927
>don't down a car
>>
>>14780217
> Manual
Just fine.
> 6 speed
Never tried.

Automatics are just fucking irrational and I hate them.
>>
>>14781166
Lol. Do you even know what irrational means?
>>
How many of you can drive this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=iU3gZGUInd4
>>
>>14780217

I can operate a manual gearbox in normal driving.

Yet, I don't have any experience when it comes to racing with a manual gearbox.
>>
>>14780217
Once you reach a certain age, you really stop caring who can and can't drive manual. The decisions of others aren't worth thinking about.

And this is coming from someone who grew up during the Fast & Furious craze.
>>
>>14780217
I'll powershift that bitch all day
>>
>>14780217
Canada here. Me and my whole friend group can, but that's cause we're all enthusiasts. Most of our parents can too because yurop. It's really not that hard once you take a few hours to learn.
>>
>>14780217
I drove a 5MT (2 Honda Accords and a Saturn Vue) for about 8 years before buying my new car with a 6MT.

Been driving manual for over a decade now, since I first got my license as a young burger.
>>
>>14781166
I know how you feel with the 6 speed. For years I drove nothing but 4 speed trucks (3+ granny), and the first time I drove by buddies 6 speed Chevy cruze I had no idea what to do with so many gears
>>
>>14780217
Yes. I like reverse on the other side though.
>>
>>14781505
>not that hard once you take a few hours to learn
This brings back memories...

Dad bought an old ('94) Civic for me to get around in back in high school. Gave me a short lesson then basically said "good luck."

Had to just wing it driving to my first job, lol. Refined my shifting through trial and error. Lots of sketchy experiences.
>>
>>14781527
>>14781533

Does moving from 5 speed to 6 speed feel weird?
>>
>>14781555
Just gotta get used to using a reverse-lockout when going into reverse, the differences between 5th and 6th gear are kinda subtle, they're just both highway gears. Gears 1-4 are relatively the same.
>>
>>14780217
I could and Im a nolicense busfag. Europoor life.
>>
>>14780217
I can drive it if you give it to me to drive, but I can't afford that car so I can't drive it on my own.
>>
Murikan

01 M3
08 TSX

Both 6mt.
>>
>>14781555
no, but moving from 6 speed to 5 speed does
>>
>>14781238
Can I? Most likely not

Would I? Absolutely
>>
>Aston Martin

I want but I can't afford one.
>>
>>14781555
Both my trucks now are 5 speeds, but my f250 has a granny gear and whenever I get in my ranger I forget that I have to use first gear and take off in second or vice versa and leave a light on first in the f250 and have to shift at 3mph.
>>
Can perfectly except for the steep hill starts. Just use e-brake until you're quick enough. Don't even think about up and down shifting anymore.
>>
>>14782855
I forget about the 6th gear sometimes. I have been driving 5speeds for almost 10years now. Recently acquired a 6spd on a second car in January.

Probably will never get used to it.
>>
>>14780217
Yes, but probably not that great. I learned to drive on manual and had manuals for a couple of years but I've been driving an automatic for the past 6+ months.
>>
l don't consider anyone who doesn't ride manual an auto enthusiast. Everyone who disagrees is wrong.
>>
File: 49254719.jpg (90KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
49254719.jpg
90KB, 400x400px
>>14780217
Probably not me, I'm too used to shifting with my left hand
>>
daily is a 6 speed. bike is a 6 speed also.

>project car is automatic
>>
I can stop and go but I can't rev match or anything fancy and comfy. I drove my bro in law's manual once, but I drive an autotragic.
>>
File: germans at work.png (112KB, 841x730px) Image search: [Google]
germans at work.png
112KB, 841x730px
>German
>everyone HAS to learn manual, learning auto-only is literally an entirely different "for dummies" license
>this includes women obviously
>choosing manual vs auto isn't skill vs no skill like in the USA but just average dude vs lazy fuck
You really need to stop with this meme, guys
>>
>>14783372

the only people who drive manual in the states are boyracers
>>
. where did you learn how to drive stick /o/?
I have a license but no car
and the only person I know who has a stick car, doesnt have his car working because "lolapexseals"
>>
>>14783401
I bought a fucking manual car and figured it out.
>>
>>14780289
replying to this while driving my miata around.
false info there bucko. Can't afford a god damn penny for paying attention.

PS.
Fucking
Down
>>
>>14780217
I've been driving manuals for 9 years. I currently have an sti.

-American
>>
>>14783401
>friend's dad bought a manual bmw to show off
>friend invites me over
>hey anon lets go drive
>joke ok my turn
>drive around neighborhood stalling a few times
>get pretty good a start stop
>year or two later I buy first manual car

once you get it moving shift up is no problem. only things you really got to learn as a new driver is how to get it moving. then you can move on to more complex things like revmatching.

protip: also if you need to practice hillstart go into a parking garage late at night or early when no one is there. find the ramp near a roof and practice like there.
better than learning in traffic
>>
I've never driven an automatic in 5 years of license.
Neither have my parents in their over 25 years of license

Welcome to Iurop
>>
>>14780217
Yes
>>
>>14781166
I've never driven an automatic and it seems unnatural at first glance.
>control stick with cryptic numbers and letters
>how do you even disconnect the engine from the wheels?
>>
>>14783401
i was forced to because in europe driving schools only teach on manuals.
>>
>>14780217
yup
>>
>>14780217
can do
>>
>>14783401
We should make an official /o/ "transition" copypasta from going from automatic to manual
>Oh god I've just dropped $6K on a car I don't even know how to drive. Got trolled, gonna kill myself, please kill me
>I'm in my 20s but I feel like I'm 13 again being scared of my own car
>C-Can I come p-pick it up at night please, th-thank you
>There are a MILLION PEOPLE on the road right now there is NEVER ANYONE OUT THIS LATE
>Oh god oh god please let the light stay green
>Oh god please let the light change before I get there. I'm in third, right?
>stallstallstall
>making left
>light changes
>1001 honks because you took two extra seconds to shift to start going again
two days later
>"Automatics are for normies and catholics, enjoy your nofun econobox"
>Leaving work is another 10 minutes laughing at american thieves trying to steal it and can't figure out manual as they return the car to the parking spot and run away crying
Ten days later
>Deja vu I've just been in this place before Higher on the street And I know it's my time to go
>GET OUT OF THE WAY ASSHOLE
>sideways on every last corner just cause you can
>get honked at
>Honk back louder
>I SAID MOVE
>>
>>14783372
i believe auto-only retard license is standard all across the european union
as it should be
>>
though i do not own one, i can drive stick without a great deal of bucking and kicking
>>
>>14783401
bought a new FRS in 2013 in stick and stalled my way off the lot and into an empty parking lot

drove it home 3 hours later and when i got out i smelled my clutch burning

I drive fine with it now but when I had a chance to drive a car witha progressive clutch I was surprised how much easier it is to drive than the 86's goofy latching clutch
>>
>>14783401
I wanted a v8 mustang and the only 05+ mustang I could afford with under 50K miles was a manual. I bought it, did a burnout on accident leaving the dealership, and learned it on the 2 hour ride home in traffic.

Picked it up perfectly within a week
>>
>>14783399
>The largest trucking industry the world will see
>The entire Jeep Wrangler world
>Offroad Market

>only boy racers

How is it being in a car where absolutely zero excitement is happening at all times?
>>
>>14781238
I could probably get the hang of it. Looks like I'd basically have a transmission going into another transmission and have to shift each.
>>
>>14783941
off road trucks are not all manuals.
>>
I still can drive manual. But I sold my manual for an automagic
I just tried to use my friend's manual just recently
at least it moved.
>>
File: fixed.jpg (160KB, 841x730px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
160KB, 841x730px
>>14783372
fixed
>>
>>14780217
i learned on a '74 triumph tr6 with a clutch stiff enough to cramp your leg and a gearbox that felt like you were shifting through a box of rocks.

modern manual transmissions are a complete joke to drive.
>>
Autofag here

What would you guys say is the best way to learn manual?
>>
>>14783401
I bought an E36 M3 and stalled it twice leaving the lot.

Drove to a parking lot, practiced starts for half an hour, drove home.

Drove it to work the next day, and every day after that for the next 3 years.
>>
>>14784235
Driving one. Do it without the radio on until you feel confident.
>>
>>14784235
Buy underpowered shitbox, fuck around in an empty parking lot for an hour, never stall anything ever again.
>>
>>14780217
i can
>>
>>14780289
If driving a manual "forces you to pay attention" you can't really drive a manual and should stick to an automatic transmission.
>>
>>14784302
it does more than an autotragic does

of course if you have long gears you can eat food while in traffic
>>
>>14780217
That one fag who doesn't own a car
>>
>>14784309
Only if you're not good enough. There should be absolutely no concentration lost on shifting.
And if you only mean that you need to use two hands:
1. If you practice you don't.
2. Two hands or not had nothing to do with attention. Only carelessness, lack of ability to drive or lack of discipline is the reason for not enough attention.
>>
>>14784360
ok
>>
>>14783350
Rev matching is easy once you know how to drive it. All it is is keeping the rpms at the same level when dropping to a lower gear.
>>
>>14783481
That protip is exactly where I practiced hillstart. My old college's parking garage on the top level
>>
>>14784432
You're stupid.
>>
Love my little 5-Speed Focus!
>>
>>14784432
I get how thanks to a few youtube videos, but I don't have the practice.
>>
>>14780927
Everybody do this nao
>>
File: 1449448835890.jpg (111KB, 497x640px) Image search: [Google]
1449448835890.jpg
111KB, 497x640px
>>14780289
>have stick shift
>gf always gives me shit when I text her after I say I'm driving
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.