[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Mitsubishi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: lancerniggy.png (574KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
lancerniggy.png
574KB, 1024x676px
Why hasn't Mitsubishi gone out of business?

They're going to stop making the Evo, the Lancer has been on the same model for the past 9 years, and their shitty crossover isn't selling well. Why is this company still up?

I used to own a 2013 Lancer ES. It was unbelievably shitty. The car was loud in a bad way, sluggish, and the sound system was atrocious. It didn't make any sense either. It had bluetooth, yet no aux jack nor a usb plug. The CVT took like 3 seconds to change from reverse to drive. It was one of the worst cars I've ever owned.
>>
Take a look at sales figures around the rest of the world then realize mitsubishi has never and will never give a single fuck about the north American market
>>
>>14778689
So why not cut losses and pull out of the US? Their entire lineup here is a fucking joke and they don't sell at all.
>>
>>14778874
My friend who's the parts manager for our local mitsu dealer told me they will be out of North America in the next 5 years. I'm not suprised really, I wouldn't buy a single Mitsubishi that's not an evo/ralliart
>>
>>14778673
We have one of these threads at least once a week. For fuck's sake MMNA marketing team we've told you what to do

>Eclipse that doesn't suck, 4B1 turbo and AWD
>3000GT reboot
>some sort of lightweight RWD sports coupe
>lower Evo price, 5spd manual Ralliart with more stock power
>>
>>14778896
if any car manufacturer is going to reboot ANY previous model, I hope to god they don't make it look all futuristic and fucky (new civic, new miata, etc.)
>>
i have an old mitsu.. from the 90s

it works great until i take it to ONE SPECIFIC PLACE.. then it shits the bed and won't start and needs a tow..

WHAT THE HELL????
>>
>>14778896
Drivers' cars don't sell well enough to justify developing new models. Mitsubishi should kill their worst-selling models and focus on developing new generations of the lancer/outlander that are actually competitive in their segments.
>>
I love my Lancer!
>>
>>14778673
Did the Lancer you owned have the Rocksford Fosgate sound system? Because my 09 has an aux jack and god tier sound quality. The CVT must account for your sluggish/long shifting issues, because the 5spd manual is great.
>>
>>14778673
They've probably been doing well overall in Europe.

I know when they release their plug in hybrid in the U.S. their sales will go up.
>>
>>14778888
lel
rip
>>
>>14778673
Because they are doing alright in Europe and they are selling shittons of econoboxes and kei cars in Japan, Korea and China.
>>
>>14779044
Reallsy? I see none of them in Austria.
>>
>>14778673
They actually sell very well in Canada, so it's really just the US market they're having trouble in. I had a 2014 Lancer LE 5MT and it sounded better and accelerated faster than any of my mates' shitboxes. As far as family sedans go, I like it much better than the Mazda 3 and I'd still be driving it if I didn't get rear-ended into oblivion by some faggot in a Camry.

All of that being said, CVT's are all shit and that should not be shocking.
>>
>>14778673
VW will be in the same position in the US at least if their new SUV launching next year doesn't sell well.
>>
>>14778673
What the fuck, the Outlander is doing extremely well in the States, they had like a 25% sale increase since 2014. What they need to do is refresh the Lancer and drop the price on the Evo.
>>
They have a mean air conditioning line up
>>
>>14778673
>mfw Mitsubishi is turning into suzuki 2.0
>>
File: mitsubishi-outlander-phev.jpg (232KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mitsubishi-outlander-phev.jpg
232KB, 1920x1280px
>>14778673
This fucking thing is selling like hotcakes.
>SUV so women want it
>plug-in hybrid means big tax discounts
>>
>>14778673
Because the US isn't their only market you fucking retard.
China is a more important market than the US is now any way
>>
>>14783539
pretty much this, they're going to cash in on the phev trend and make as many crossovers as possible.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/04/mitsubishi-plans-boost-sales-blown-engines/
>>
>>14778673
mitsubishi makes appliances and computer chips and hard drives

they are doing just fine
>>
>>14783539
I have never seen someone buy a hotcake though
>>
>>14783592

IHOP motherfucker

pancakes = hotcakes
>>
>>14778945

Crank sensor.
>>
>>14778673
Mitsubishi is a massive conglomerate. They're in pretty much every industry in Japan and parts of Asia. Hell, the last time I went to Japan my kids were coloring a coloring book with Mitsubishi crayons.

http://www.mitsubishicorp.com/us/en/bg/ps/
>>
>Same model for 9 years

That's 9 years worth of factory parts and aftermarket incentive. I wish more car companies had models that stay in production forever.
>>
File: mitsu_group.jpg (111KB, 1416x795px) Image search: [Google]
mitsu_group.jpg
111KB, 1416x795px
look at all the shit Mitsubishi Group is involved with

the US consumer automotive division may not be their focus at all
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.