[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to buy a bike in a few weeks. Do I have a death wish?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Motocycle-Accident.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Motocycle-Accident.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
<<<Help /o/
>>
i crash my bike literally once a year

but i'm still posting
>>
File: IMG_20160403_144820.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160403_144820.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
It's fun until a retard pulls out in front of you.

http://www.skagitbreaking.com/burlington/high-risk-crash-closes-temporarily-closes-burlington-blvd/
>>
>>14777418
> the occupants of the car were visibly upset and crying

fucking car privilege
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14777377
I've got a story for you...
>Saturday, comin home from the fishin' hole
>Coming up to red light to make a right hand turn and group of AARP-aged black gentlemen on Harleys are pulling out of the Waffle House parking lot
>Last guy in the group, all 300lbs of his 60 year old ass is struggling to get his shiney Harley into gear coming out of the parking lot
>Light turns green, very non-threatening biker gang turns right
>2nd or 3rd dude in line just spins out somehow on this dry pavement. His bike and he slide across 3 lanes and the Harley ends up on the median
>I have to swerve around biker gang dudes and continue with my day

Pic related was taken as last dude was trying to find 1st gear, about 5 seconds before the other dude ate shit. It was pretty funny.
>>
File: whoa.gif (619KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.gif
619KB, 600x338px
>>14777579
>2nd or 3rd dude in line just spins out somehow on this dry pavement. His bike and he slide across 3 lanes and the Harley ends up on the median
>Harley

HOW??
>>
>>14777411
I drive just about every day and I've only "almost" crashed once and it was 6 years ago. What kind of bike do you have? A fucking Rocket or something?
>>
File: 53244e94d83ef.gif (339KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
53244e94d83ef.gif
339KB, 215x194px
>>14777411
Confirmed skellington
>>
>>14777377
I dunno, do you?

The answer to that question comes from within, I dunno why you're asking 4chan (or anybody else for that matter).

I've ridden motorcycles for the last couple of years, crashed a couple of times and ride like a madman some of the time but I'm pretty sure I don't have a deathwish.
>>
>>14779292
My guess is he had a band new back tyre and gave it too much throttle.

New tyres have a protective coating that keeps the rubber soft in storage but is also slippery as hell before it wears off. It's pretty easy to lose the back end if you're not careful, or worse the front on a brand new tyre.
>>
>>14777579
Only some faggot like you would call them a "biker gang".
>>
>>14779547
It's a gang of bikers isn't it? The days of hells angels are over.
>>
>>14779561
It's a group of bikers or a gang of bikers, not a biker gang. LOL
>>
>>14779561
>days of hells angels are over
Wow! Are still in Jr high. Watch the News or read paper sometime.
>>
>>14777579
I wonder what they call themselves.
>>
>>14779644
The Waffle House Three?
Wafflesquteers?
>>
>>14779590
A gang of bikers is not a biker gang?

Is a swarm of mosquitoes not a mosquito swarm?
>>
>>14779595

How About you Learned English
>>
>>14777377
Honestly?
Check out dbt
My first bike was a sccoter, out of necessity
Then it kinda clicked...
Now i don't even own a car
>>
>>14777418

Yeah but I'm not the type of person that rides an orange hog like they are hot shit.

Once you see an accident report, and you see why every day on the road. The motogang mentality is the worst, even to blame a semi related fatality for not being able to see them while they weave though lanes with presumed no signal.
It is amazing how cyclists have no disregard of safety or awareness. I usually have to predict what they are going to do.

>>14779644
>>14779663

It says Outcast on the vest. A "Hip-hop duo".
>>
>>14777377
1. Ask in a proper forum, sporttouring.net has a pretty good newbie section. Also advrider.com.
2. Read as much about motorcycling as you can before you get on that bike. The "A Twist of the Wrist" series by Keith Code is legendary, as is "Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hough. Also "Sport Riding techniques" by Nick Ienatsch for the more advanced stuff.
3. Get good gear. Never ride without at least a helmet, gloves and boots. I have been in two accidents and I would have been well and truly fucked without proper gear.
4. Most important: Get some proper training, by proper trainers. The BRC course is only the absolute minimum and a joke compared to the training required in other countries. Don't let a buddy with a bike "teach" you, that has been statistically proven to be the worst method of all.
5. Take an advanced riding course/track course as soon as you can, nothing improves your riding and makes you more confident faster. Shell out those bucks for a few one-on-one lessons by a professional trainer. A singular investment that will pay dividends for the rest of your life. I have been active in motorcycling forums for many years now and the amoun of bullshit that is propagated in certain circles (coughHarleyriderscough) is simply unbelievable.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.