[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car audio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: aaaa.png (582KB, 909x519px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.png
582KB, 909x519px
What's the best way to upgrade the sound quality of my car for cheapest as possible? (im poor)

Also, is it worth buying an amplifier for my stock radio?

Thanks
>>
>>14776971
Separate the bass and high end. Buy/make bass blockers for your current speakers and get a sub. I made bass blockers for the speakers in a blazer then bought some cheap ass subs in a homemade box and powered them off the rear channels. It sounded great and i had less than $30 in it
>>
>>14776971
Depends on how shitty your stock stereo is. Most likely you should replace the head unit first, then start replacing the factory speakers.
>>
Buy a new head unit
Then an amp
Then speakers.

No point buying nice speakers and running them from a head unit.
>>
>>14776971
When I realized that the door speakers in my miata were blown (literally the cones had detached) in 2011, I bought pic related for $16.80 before shipping costs off of Amazon. 5 years later, they still sound just fine to me, and I do like music as much as the next guy.

In 2014 when the volume knob in my OE head unit stopped working, I replaced it with a ~$60 Pioneer HU with an AUX port and got the necessary ~$15 in wiring parts.

Like I said, I like music as much as anyone, and I too notice those odd quiet notes in music and can recognize slight changes in sound, but my cheap ass setup has been plenty good enough for me. I have never thought "man, this could sound better" when listening to music in my Miata after replacing those door speakers, unlike my 10-years-newer Wrangler which sounds tinny or distorted at times.
>>
File: DoorSpeaksYo.jpg (16KB, 596x126px) Image search: [Google]
DoorSpeaksYo.jpg
16KB, 596x126px
>>14777881
Pic related...
>>
>>14776971
Stop ripping music from youtube and download as many 320kbps MP3s that you can find, I'd tell you to switch to FLAC but you don't seem like the type to really care that much.
>>
How do you even replace speakers on your own? My car has two tweeters on the dash, two side speakers and two rear speakers. My thing is.. I can't seem to find any one way speakers for my cars 6x9 size. Wouldn't i need more wires and shit to install two or three way speakers?/
>>
>>14777910
>implying audio quality (ie. Bit rate) Is the only reason flac is better than mp3
>>
>>14778350
>implying poorfag OP cares about the differences between FLAC and MP3

Like I said, he should probably start with a better source file if he wants the cheapest upgrade in sound quality.
>>
File: 1267577673171.jpg (46KB, 526x350px) Image search: [Google]
1267577673171.jpg
46KB, 526x350px
I don't know a goddamn thing about car audio but the difference in sound between the stock stereo on my IS300 and the Rockford Fosgate stereo in my Xterra is huge. Having an amp makes a massive difference. I won't claim either system is anything special, but the Rockford Fosgate package is worth having.
>>
>>14776971
sound proofing
>>
>>14778566
Not OP, but what's the best way to go about sound proofing? I've always read that that's one of the best ways of improving car audio quality.
>>
>>14778788
start where your speakers are, i.e your doors.
something like spectrum can be painted on.
>>
>>14778788

not this poster, but the answer is that it depends on what you're trying to improve about the way your tunes sound.

if you're wanting it to be louder , then sound proofing and shutting out road noise and such is making your current system seem louder because it doesn't have to compete as hard with other noise. signal-to-noise ratio.

even systems that are already loud would benefit from proofing. the system efficiency is better.
>>
>>14778788

sound proofing is kind of a catch all.

you have mechanical vibration from the vehicle/engine/suspension into the body.

you have resonant vibration where the music is hitting notes that resonate through the body.

then last you have internal noise (hard surfaces like the glass trapping unwanted reflections) and external (road) noise.

I would start with determining which one of thes is the worst in your car atm and attacking that.
>>
File: ford_focus_6000_cd_radio.jpg (29KB, 612x330px) Image search: [Google]
ford_focus_6000_cd_radio.jpg
29KB, 612x330px
Hey, OP here.

>>14777076
so, they just block the bass? what for?

>>14777814
I think my head unit is fine for my needs (pic related)

>>14777881
i agree, i just want to upgrade it because my car still has the factory speakers (from 1998) and sound is distorted

>>14777910
I use good rips and original CD's, the problem is the speakers that need to be replaced

>>14778551
yeah, i wanted to know if its worth installing an amp (a cheap one)
>>
>>14780213
i'm not >>14777076 but, they block the bass from your standard speakers, not the subs. Keeps you from blowing them up.
>>
>>14776971
you can keep your head unit and use something like XE-90MKII
>>14777076
agree here you don't want speakers trying to push outside of there range
most sony units allow the rear channels to be bridged to run a sub
sure its only 80 watts but the extra range extension alone is worth it
>>
Component kits help a lot.
>>
>>14780213
>so, they just block the bass? what for?
Bass crossover sounds fucking shit so you want to cap your high/mids to 120~80Hz at the lowest and have the woofer take over.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.