[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do all modern cars look like yeast bread rolls that have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: volvo_740-gl.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
volvo_740-gl.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
Why do all modern cars look like yeast bread rolls that have risen for too long with some "aggressive" front that looks like a constipated face and have those retarded rising window lines that make visibility shit?
Why can't form follow function anymore?
I've only driven old cars but when I travel for work and need to rent a car I'm amazed at how shit the design is. The interior is crammed even though they are big, visibility is poop, center panel the size of a person et.c..
>>
File: slide_0010.jpg (74KB, 628x417px) Image search: [Google]
slide_0010.jpg
74KB, 628x417px
Like the Jaguar XE I drove some months ago. Fuck it was crowded inside even though it's a huge car. Why the hell make the center panel this big?
>>
>>14775035
Because car design isn't done by guys like these anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfFib-d5ODo
>>
>>14775035
Cars were big before your 80s poorfag shitbox.
Cars were round before your 80s shitbox.
Tiny Windows existed before your 80s shitbox.

The only real anomaly of modern design is the angry face which i'd say is a trend that reflects how relatively aggressive handling and suspensions are set up these day. Also the cramped interior is thanks to safety regs...you know...a decision of form following function...
>>
>>14775844
That was beautiful, thank you anon.
>>
>>14775035
Form still follows function, but the function has changed.
The function nowadays is to comply with safety regulations.
>>
>>14775035
>Why can't form follow function anymore?

lolwat

your old shitbox cant compare to the function of modern design (or form since it was designed by talentless hacks like most 80s cars)

function is followed by form today
>>
File: 1410144236401.jpg (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1410144236401.jpg
15KB, 600x600px
>>14775035
>>
1950s-early 1960s
>it's the future guys cars should follow suit
>push button transmission
>hyper stylized cars
>{INSERT WORD}-O-Matic

late 1960s-70s
>alright, let's just try and build normalish cars
>fuck emissions are gay

1980s
>it's the future guys cars should follow suit
>digital everything
>origami that motherfucker, that's the future

1990s-early 2000s
>alright let's just try and build normalish cars
>fuck emissions are gay

2010s
>it's the future guys, cars should follow suit
>digital everything
>push button start is the future
>make the car angry looking, that's the future
>>
>>14777743
don't forget
>TOUCH CONTROLLED EVERYTHING
>CAPACITIVE CONTROLS
>HUGE FUCKING TOUCHSCREENS
>who wants to drive anyway let's just make cars drive themselves and add entertainment for the occupants
>>
>>14777743
that goes with how Ive thought for a long time

every 30 years cars get generally ugly starting with the 50s

>>14777773
driving is shit tbqh
>>
>>14777790
Bumper-to-bumper traffic is shit.
Backroad hoon sessions or trackdays are not.
>>
>>14777812
exactly

its why I dont mind self driving cars and welcome them
>>
File: 1452746069875.jpg (1MB, 2240x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1452746069875.jpg
1MB, 2240x1357px
Is this a Volvo thread?
>>
>>14777819
Self-driving cars will make it damn near impossible to own a manually-controlled car though. Insurance premiums would be insane, since you're a far bigger danger than the computer controlling those cars.

And if we really get pessimistic as fuck, tracks might get closed down because of danger/noise/pollution concerns.
>>
>>14777790
>>14777819
>thinking driving is shit
>welcomes self-driving cars
Why are you even on /o/? You probably think manual transmission is retarded and pointless, too.
>>
>>14777852
I think thats a great idea keep manually operated cars to closed roads

if those get shut down oh well it was going to happen either way

>>14777872
I drive a 5 speed but manual is obsolete and primitive

theres no place for it in the modern car
>>
>>14777894
Why can't modern cars be fun, too?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.