[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ok to buy a cheap salvage title car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 5746377.jpg (52KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
5746377.jpg
52KB, 620x465px
>>
No. It's not.
>>
>>14774545

Yes, but you better be aware that it could be a total loss. It's a risky endeavor so if the car goes to shit, you have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
Buy salvage yeyeyeyeyeye
>>
>>14774545
No.

Could have been repaired badly and insurance companies won't want to touch it. You're gonna spend at least the amount you saved at purchase in increased running costs due to being salvage.
>>
Does the car youre considering run and drive?

Does it have a current license plate?

Does it have a current smog sticker?

Do you intend to daily drive it?

in my state, when you buy a salvage titled vehicle, it has to be background checked, and go through a safety inspection by the state police before you can obtain a title or license plate. insurance companies may charge extra or outright refuse to cover the vehicle.

get the VIN and call the police, tell them your considering purchasing the car and ask them to run the VIN. Do the same with your state's DMV
>>
>>14774545
Only if you want to make a race car with it, really.
>>
File: war_worlds_spielberg_43_x.jpg (52KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
war_worlds_spielberg_43_x.jpg
52KB, 400x306px
>>14774545

Is that the set from War of the Worlds?
>>
>>14775228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux3xFMcSa3o
yep, pretty cool seeing it in person, got to walk around it and everything. i was there a few years ago on the day that some guy shot himself in the park.
>>
>>14775264
a year ago* man i'm bad with time
>>
>>14774545
Yes.

All other rules of car buying still apply.
>>
>>14774545
You buying a car from Darkie Dono?
>>
>>14776417
Looks about 20 years too recent... but with a large enough rupture of the space-time continuum...
>>
>>14774545

Catstang has a new "project"?
>>
>>14775264
lucky, when I went like 8 years ago they only let you see it from the tour bus while it was moving
>>
>>14777325
Forgot about catstang. I miss his threads.
>That shitshow thread where he bought the S197 mustang was classic
>Cannot fault the guy though he is living the life
>>
>>14774545
do less asking and do more doing.
>>
File: 1399623853000.png (3KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1399623853000.png
3KB, 186x186px
>>14778598

>spend 10k on a crashed mustang that will never drive straight again
>says its his dream to have this car and this was the cheapest way, and he's gonna restore it
>tfw you can actually buy that car for 10k with engine problems, which is easier to fix then a crushed chassis
>tfw he got angry at people laughing at him and left /o/ forever
>tfw we all now he lurks every thread on here...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.