[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this fixable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 18494536_09X.jpg (228KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
18494536_09X.jpg
228KB, 640x480px
can this damage be fixed by "niggering" ? aka tie to a tree and slightly pull on it? or something to this manner? the car is said to "run and drive" its at a car auction so i have no way of going down and checking it out myself.
thank you !
>>
File: 18494536_04X.jpg (254KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
18494536_04X.jpg
254KB, 640x480px
>>
Are you fucking stupid?
Dont even consider that car.
Its fucked, thats a Salvaged car and itll never be repairable unless you want to spend more than the car is worth.
Buy something else.
>>
its actually under "Minor to moderate damage" as the car fax and police report (insurance state) no air bags nothing. title is still good. only has 70k original miles on it so thats why im debating if the trouble of trying to "nigger" it is worth it
>>
Leave it. It looks as if it was rammed from the back, or backed into something. This being the case, it will require a company to pull and straighten the bent panel(s), not something that can be done by tying it to a tree and pulling it out.

Additionally, the light is broken, the boot is broken, the bumper is broken. There is no way this car is going to be good value compared to a proper example.

Unless ofcourse, you don't mind driving around in that fucked up shitheap, in which case be my guest.
>>
No you idiot. That is a parts car
>>
>>14769424
no, the title is not good, otherwise it wouldnt be at an insurance auction. it just hasnt been issued a salvage title yet. rarely, the car could have been crashed with no claim and donated to a charity but thats rare.
>>
>>14769425
ahhhh thats a son of a bitch. no i dont want to drive it like that.
>>
If you want to restore it back to factory, dont buy.

otherwise you can try the tree method, but use a hand winch instead, and then piece it together with cable ties.
What's mileage and service history like?
>>
>>14769441
there is at least $6,000 of body damage. thats why the car is a write off
>>
>>14769439
no no its under certification of title meaning its good to go (air bags were never deployed) so i assume the person just drove it home after the police report and said "screw this" and gave it to a car auction to take care of
>>
>>14769452
ya I know that its about that much to put it to factory but what i was thinking was more like... pull it smack it bend it just enough to make it look like someone got at it with a hammer opposed to how it looks now if that makes any sense
>>
>>14769445
https://www.diigo.com/item/pdf/5gt7b/pyh6?k=29fe141e0b7204cb97021baf62da7d68
here is the history and the mileage is 76k.
actually here is the actual link to the web http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/18494536
>>
>>14769453
idk what certification of title means but private parties dont give their cars to auctions. perhaps it was abandoned and a tow yard owns it?

either way you need airbags to go off to get a dirty title. all insurance losses are salvage. in my state the title appears clean but when you get it the insurance conpany writes SALVAGE across it and when you retitle you get a rebuild title after inspection. without physically seeing the title you dont know if it salvage at auction, so hopefully they are trustworthy
>>
>>14769468
*dont need
>>
that coexist sticker proves it was a broad driving it.
>>
>>14769468
good point. Ive never had in incident where I go to change the title and i get a "salvaged" slapped on it; but theirs a first for everything I guess.
>>
>>14769468
http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/18494536
go check it out tell me what you feel? ive gotten several cars off this site from a friends assistance and account use
>>
>>14769466
huh, what an odd car to wind up at auction. def didnt take the normal route most do. either way id shy away
>>
>>14769497
can I ask why? or same reasons as others stated?
>>
>>14769503
oh just the repairs are extensive. this car could be financially worth it to someone who owns a body shop with free/cheap labor but otherwise you are going to be stuck driving that car as is. rear quarter panel likely isnt easily repalceable and uncrunching the bumper supports and corner of the unibody is no easy task.
>>
>>14769503
also the vin report lists a serious accident. not good at all.
>>
>>14769549
ah alright ya that makes sense. I do not own a body shop nor have anyone that could do this work without charging me up the ass. well thank you appreciate it
>>
>>14769483

My bets is on a submale.
>>
>>14769394
You're looking at 3g for repair at a shop.
you can always save a ton by suppling your own parts, and rattle canning it, but if its not done right, it will rust.
>>
>>14769735
you arent getting that rear quarter panel off. far more than 3k damage.
>>
>>14769756
that quarter panel is $500, or $50 if you cut it off yourself from a junk yard.
>>
>>14769735
see i dont want to invest 3g into it. I was looking for a "do it yourself" answer like heating it up and tugging on it just enough to get it looking decent opposed to it looking like donky kong kicked it
>>
That tail light will never fit into its socket again without spending 3 grand. If it's cheap at auction I say buy it and take the doors, trunk, hood, everything that isn't for driving off, and then go out into the desert and have fun. Either that or part it out. The doors and everything else look fine.
>>
>>14769818
Just take off the trunk, strip the inside of it, and rhinoline it m8
>>
>>14769818
unless you can weld, you aint doing shit by yourself.
>>
>>14769394
that's a total loss.
>>
>>14769873
well i live in illinois so the desert is not an option kek :). Right now I ride my saab which with the issues it has right now and putting premium gas every 2 days and 50 miles to work and boosting... kills my gas and my car. So I was looking at buying this to drive as a daily for now but i dont want to drive with that nasty ass damage on it thats just embarrassing
>>
>>14769887
I personally have not used a welder in a long time; BUT! i do however have a buddy who has the capability and good skill of one that would most likely help me out for minimal cost or lots of marijuana
>>
>>14769394
buy if $1000 and below
>>
>>14769916
well then get parts from the junk yard, get a new panel, cut off the damaged, have your buddy weld it together as best you can, and go from there.
>>
>>14769735
>3g
>structural damage
>he thinks it's just a cut it out and weld a new one kind of job

please stop talking you have no clue
>>
>>14769394
duct tape that bitch. drive it till the wheels fall off. if you are even asking that question that means you don't wouldn't mind driving a beaten up hooptie.
>>
>>14770044
no i dont mind beaten up to a certain extent but i do have my limits to how shitty the car is
>>
>>14770000
By you saying that i assume you have experience and or more knowledge? what do you think the right choice is here? is the car repairable enough with a at home welder so that i can rattle can it and have it look atleast BETTER. im not saying great or even good just BETTER
>>
>>14770127
No you need a frame machine to move the quarter panel back in alignment with the trunk lid. The entire uniside would have to be replaced if you took it to a real shop. Not worth it at all, it's not going to look any better. Once structural parts in the unibody have moved there is literally no chance you're moving it back unless you have a frame machine. Even with a tree some chains, a porta power you aren't going to rig it without it looking like it's been hit.
>>
>>14770238
well i dont mind if it looks like its been hit so much but that it looks better as in the trunk is closer to the quarter panel without that huge gap and the back light to be facing back instead of back/down
>>
>some one on /o/ considers buying a salvaged corolla
>>
>>14770534
https://www.diigo.com/item/pdf/5gt7b/pyh6?k=29fe141e0b7204cb97021baf62da7d68 not salvaged kek nerd.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.