[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Registered out of state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: mt-bugatti-450x294[1].jpg (43KB, 450x294px) Image search: [Google]
mt-bugatti-450x294[1].jpg
43KB, 450x294px
How do people that own exotic cars always have weird state plates, like Wyoming and shit? I assume its a tax dodging thing.

I have moved to Florida and my out of state plates have expired, but registration and insurance is expensive here. How do i get some weird state plates? I think FL cops turn a blind eye to out of state plates since they don't want to harass tourist which are a large part of the economy.
>>
Probably because they have homes there, too. So, yes, tax evasion.
>>
>>14762469
Just start an LLC
>>
>>14762462
You can form an LLC in Montana for around $1000. a company there can set you up with a PO box, a 'business' bank account, and register your rig in Montana.

You get insurance through your LLC/business. Technically your Montana registered business owns the car so you avoid state sales tax/registration fees. Unless you are buying a boat/RV/high end vehicle it usually isn't worth it to jump through all the hoops.

I was looking into doing it, but Washington state has a use tax they try to assess on you if you use your vehicle in Washington state. They also passed some laws recently to try and crack down on this type of behavior/tax evasion.

If you want to do it for reals you should partner with another non-related person, form a trust to help protect your name/identity as the owner of your fake LLC, and do all of it through a laywer.
>>
>>14762534
thanks that's very informative. Didn't expect that answer or that quality for /o

Yeah doing all that is way more expensive than just paying Florida. I always figured they just had a lawyer do some loophole shit to register the cars.
I know some people register their dirt bikes as street bikes by sending away to other states for their registration, thought it was something like that.
>>
my cousins used to have their cars insured in Texas and use em in California.
avoid SMOG bullshit and taxes.

you need a address in an other state thought,
>>
>>14762462
>implying tax dodging is bad
>>
>>14764491
where did i imply it was bad? I want to do it too you cunt. I think the taxes here are fucking stupid so i want to curve that shit too.
>>
>>14762615
>>14762534
It's a really thin dodge, though. It's generally not worth doing, especially since you get hit with felony tax evasion instead of just lack of registration if you get caught.
>>
Some people that come into my shop with big money collections register as dealers so they can run dealer plates on all their cars, I think you have to sell a certain amount of cars a year so they sell cars to friends and buy them back, hold on to titles for other people, all sorts of shady stuff. I think more than the registration and smog it's insurance, probably cheaper to insure a "dealer" up to x amount rather than 20 $200k+ cars individually.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 436x291px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 436x291px
>>14762462

Montana has no sales tax which would be fucking huge for a million dollar boogattee.

Pretty common that people register crazy cars and boats in these states for lots of reasons. Tax evasion is usually the topper, but sometimes it's to avoid stuff like emissions testing. All you have to do is create a business (practically free and all it really requires is filing with the state, no physical business required), then transfer ownership of the car to the business and thus it's registered in that state. I plan to do the same thing with my LLC if I ever move out of state.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.